Team Iron Challanges

Darkaruki

Stalker
Banned
Formerly "Darkaruki Dorkaruki Kakiro"
Okay, so, I was thinking the game needed more iron challenges to make people hunt with more variety, because as it is mobs being hunted have been really narrowed down for the most part. So, I think most people would agree that more iron challenges would be great.
However, I remembered a small problem with iron challenges, they've made team hunts much less common due to the fact that the person dealing the most damage gets the kill for their iron challenge, but all players want to complete it.

So my idea is to add more iron challenges but to make some require 1.5x more kills and only able to be done in a team of two or more players where two or more players have shot the mob before it has been killed, this one make team hunts more common and encourage players to work together more. Also, to avoid ubers letting noobs get tons of skills by completing high-level iron challenges with the noobs just shooting the mob once with an opalo or something I'd recommend a 10% minimum damage towards the mob for it to count for the person

TL;DR Iron challenges that require teams
Also, some mob suggestions would be more then welcome, some of mine would be:
Drone, Ambulimax, Faucervix, Combibo

Last edited:
yes thumbs up for that from here! i would love to do some of these challenges as a team! more fun imo

Great Idea, I'm in full favor of this ;) +rep for a great suggestion.

This sounds like a great idea... in theory. The problem that hit me right away is the likelihood that 2 people would hunt together long enough to kill all 16600 +10k if bronze. How would the skill payout be? based on overall dmg? or equal? That throws up another red flag. If in a party of 2 one person has to do a minimum of 10% dmg (as stated by OP) and the skill gain in the end is equal there would be alot of leechers.

I am all for the implimentation of team Iron challanges, but i just think there are too many variables with the payout.

god, I really miss the role beacons played in terms of mixed level teaming...

I think an option to share (rotate) kill points in a team would be great.

This sounds like a great idea... in theory. The problem that hit me right away is the likelihood that 2 people would hunt together long enough to kill all 16600 +10k if bronze. How would the skill payout be? based on overall dmg? or equal? That throws up another red flag. If in a party of 2 one person has to do a minimum of 10% dmg (as stated by OP) and the skill gain in the end is equal there would be alot of leechers.
- Well, you wouldn't take the quest as a team you just take the quest and find someone that also has the quest and make a team with him.
- You can't really leech all that well with 10%, you're still contributing to the kill and will lose tons of money regardless.
- The payout would be similar to regular iron challenges because, as I mentioned in OP, you would have to kill 1.5x more enemies or so to make it scale, alternatively you could have the same amount of kills required but lower the reward.
- The reward would be static, not dmg based.

Back