The difference in Refiners

Status

Remmie

Old
Society
Freelancer
Nilrem Xanadu, "Remmie"
Could someone tell me what the difference in the various models of refiners is? Or, to put it another way... What do you get from buying a higher model refiner? Thanks! :)

-Remmie

Apologies if this has been covered before in any detail. :D

Last edited:
Remmie said:
Could someone tell me what the difference in the various models of refiners is? Or, to put it another way... What do you get from buying a higher model refiner? Thanks! :)

-Remmie

Apologies if this has been covered before in any detail. :D
Less decay :)

While it's minor, the higher ones weigh a kg less too. But mainly just decay.

and is their tt more so that u can refine much more before u have to repair it?

Oh, that is true. Doesn't usually make a difference unless you have, say, 32k in oil you need to refine or something :laugh:

Ok, to be serious. I've never had a problem in the field with my TT refiner breaking down. I bought a OT-105 because of the lower weight and the lower decay. I still use the TT matter refiner though.

Thank you Dino and Einstein!!! :)

the TT refiner is worth 2.5 peds or so. i won't ever invest in a better one :)

Einstein said:
Less decay :)

which has less decay? the tt or the higher ones? Last VU I made myself and a couple friends a 103 from a new bp I had (thinking the lower wieght and less decay would be nice/different) turned out my 103's had 2x the decay of a tt refiner. TT refiner was 1pec per click and 103 was 2.?pec per click.

has anyone tested the new "refiner system" this VU or just going off the same old charts?

:) I am also currious (but not enough to test myself) how much the system has been altered in general...meaning if you refine 990 stones at once is the cost(decay) 10x that of what use to cost to do 99. Actually I will test that later with my TT refiner, but since I have seen more penalties than benefits from using higher refiners I havent presently a crafted one to make same test with.

Not complete but this is off my spreadsheet:

OreTransformers
Ore Transformer OT-101 3.1
Ore Transformer OT-102 2.8
Ore Transformer OT-103 2.6
Ore Transformer OT-104 2.3
Ore Transformer OT-105 2.1

Chikara Mineral Refiner MR100 3.1
Chikara Mineral Refiner MR200

Chikara Mineral Refiner MR400 2.0

MatterTransformers
MatterTransformer MT-101 3.1
MatterTransformer MT-102 2.8
MatterTransformer MT-103 2.6
MatterTransformer MT-104 2.3
MatterTransformer MT-105 2.1

Chikara Energy Refiner ER100
Chikara Energy Refiner ER300 2.3
Chikara Energy Refiner ER300 2.2

Dino said:
Not complete but this is off my spreadsheet:

I assume those are from 100matter/99ore refine tests?

If that is the case, then the decay hasnt changed since last VUs, that I can tell. I hadnt enough material to test to 3 decimal places.

as per your spreadsheet and the limited tests I just did...TT refiners are still the best to use (unless concerned about weight or tt of the refiner)

tt orerefiner = .01 for 99stones
tt energyrefiner = .02 for 100ematters

if someone gets a higher decay on a tt ore refiner, I would be most curious as to their metalurgy skill lvl.

Dino> Needs to be tested again as decay has changed, disregard that old data.

Da Celt said:
Dino> Needs to be tested again as decay has changed, disregard that old data.
:banghead:

Ok, thanks.

Anyone able to test now?

Please?

I completed a Limited test on VU7.7 tools, Anyone done anymore testing on this one?

OreTransformers (crafted)
---------------------------------------------------------
Ore Transformer______OT-105___2.18pec per 100

MatterTransformers (looted/TT)
MatterTransformer____MT-101___3.125pec per 100

And the TT matter refiner i just tested at 1.7 pec/100 crude oil refined, so i guess there's not much of a reason to get a "more advanced" refiner. That's kinda ridiculous if you ask me. :laugh:

Edit: i tried with a larger quantity and the number actually seems to be 1.55 pec/100 crude oil refined. I agree with the last post that it's confusing which number is being used-i'm referring to the quantity of the crude, not the refined oil. So it's 3.1 pec/100 OIL refined.

The tt ore refiner costs 1.03 pec/99.9 ore refined. (According to 10k lyst that was keeping me from walking :)

Last edited:
Da Celt said:
I completed a Limited test on VU7.7 tools, Anyone done anymore testing on this one?

OreTransformers (crafted)
Ore Transformer______OT-105___2.18pec per 100

MatterTransformers (looted/TT)
MatterTransformer____MT-101___3.125pec per 100

Question, does "per 100" mean 100 refined or 100 unrefined?

Anyway, refining 9999 stones with my OT-103 costs 77 pec.

A very basic question- do energy refiners and matter transformers both refine energy resources? I have just started mining and have been looking in the tt and auction but dont see any energy refiners- are they hard to find?
Probably missing something very obvious here :)

corection on data s???

far as i know datas are corect on entropiawiki.com... prbs it is u dont have to calc on ped val simply on item numer refined:):yay::wtg::rolleyes::yay::yay:

far as i know datas are corect on entropiawiki.com... prbs it is u dont have to calc on ped val simply on item numer refined:):yay::wtg::rolleyes::yay::yay:

talk about necro o_O

Status
Back