the difference of 7 pec

did the additional decay change something?

• nothing at all (anymore), i change armor/clothes "100 times" a day

Votes: 13 17.6%
  • yes, its still bugging me after such a long time since introduction

Votes: 52 70.3%
  • i don´t know about additional decay

Votes: 9 12.2%

• Total voters

Waldi

Guardian
Society
NBK
Zan Waldi Dariel
Since a longer time we play with the additional decay for removing armor and clothes and i noticed, that my habit/playstyle changed for adaption.

I usaly try to not remove the armor anymore as long as possible, once i have put him on.
Same when i have put him off, i try to stay as long as possible without armor.

In consequence i don´t play anymore like i would without decay. I skip a lot of activities like soc hunts, events and other activities, where i have to put on or change armor. Instead i go sweating, swunting or chatting or even logout.

I know, its a little stupid just for the 7 pec, when you waste hundreds of peds on a hunt or crafting on the other hand. But its like an inner force i can´t resist...

what about you?

Use (L) armour, doesnt decay when you take it on/off only when you get hit, and it lasts a lot longer :yay::yay:

Lol not so long since I've returned to this game and didn't even know this lol...

What a great addition they made^^...

K let's go trade to twins => automatic loose money then atm ... not a good thing

wasn't the clothes(armor too?) tax supposed to be temporary?

it still bugs me and sure I dont remove armor as I did before but not a huge difference really, clothes I change like before I think

EDIT:
yes Waldi, I was thinking of that reason and I guess I was wrong on the temporary part, searched for the original thread but got bored after 6pages not finding it.
But found this similar thread: Armour Tax Still Justifiable?
(started just before vu10)

Last edited:

it still bugs me and sure I dont remove armor as I did before but not a huge difference really, clothes I change like before I think

temporary?

lol where did u get that thought ?
it was just a new introduction like many other "great" new features we have gotten.

though it's like stealing only 0,001 usd a change per piece.
This thing will add up a lot for MA as many little bits make one giant number in this case.
wonder if the amount goes back in the way of loot ?

but i change as much as i allways did.
and also it bug's me a bit

temporary?

lol where did u get that thought ?
it was just a new introduction like many other "great" new features we have gotten.

I guess jenny ferr had the introduction reason in mind when talking about temporary, because it was "to reduce lag"

Well, when lag problem is solved, there is no reason anymore to collect the tax - but we all know, once introduced, MA don´t take it back anymore

...and the lag-problem is never solved anyway...

for my part, MA was successful "reducing lag" by a reduction of armor/clothes changing, on the other hand, they don´t get more ped this way

Use (L) armour, doesnt decay when you take it on/off only when you get hit, and it lasts a lot longer :yay::yay:

L armor lasts longer than UL armor that lasts forever? :scratch2:

I guess jenny ferr had the introduction reason in mind when talking about temporary, because it was "to reduce lag"

Well, when lag problem is solved, there is no reason anymore to collect the tax - but we all know, once introduced, MA don´t take it back anymore

...and the lag-problem is never solved anyway...

for my part, MA was successful "reducing lag" by a reduction of armor/clothes changing, on the other hand, they don´t get more ped this way

dirty politics :laugh:

same as test phase in europe country's for trucks may not overtake other cars and such to if it reduces congestion on motorway's

only temp test solution , very long test though , and guess what congestions are still there.

It's silly not to go to events or Soc hunts because of it, you're likey to lose over 1000 times that 7pec on a poor hunt.

It has only slightly affected my play, I used to take all armour off to go to town & trade. Now I just put my shades on and leave the rest, can't stand wearing a facemask when not in danger of attack lol.

Cost doesn't bother me that much - I lose more from a missed shot. On a terrible hunt where I end up more than a few hundred PED down... whats an additional 7PEC? :dunno:

What I have noticed at least, is that the time it takes to put on armour and clothes has steadily increased. Maybe its just me, but its significantly longer than it was when the clothing/armour tax came out.

EDIT:
yes Waldi, I was thinking of that reason and I guess I was wrong on the temporary part, searched for the original thread but got bored after 6pages not finding it.
But found this similar thread: Armour Tax Still Justifiable?
(started just before vu10)

Armor and clothing decay originally was introduced at 2pec per piece, after complaints, armor (unlimited) was reduced to 1pec per piece.

The justification was originally stated to reduce lag, but I dont recall any mention of it being temporary. :)

It hasn't effected the way I play at all... Probably because the tax was implemented long before I actually joined EU. I put my armor on before I go hunting and take it off after I'm done.

it hasnt affect me much but I tend to wear my armour longer than before, in case I go hunting right again

wow, still not over that? :laugh:

L armor lasts longer than UL armor that lasts forever? :scratch2:

Think he is trying to say it decays less per hit. :)

If there is an armor for 101% markup for example, then you save a lot of peds using that piece. :)

Back