• Everything is normal.

Votes: 57 18.5%
  • I’m a bit disappointed.

Votes: 46 14.9%
  • I’m in a holding pattern.

Votes: 59 19.2%
  • I’m cutting back.

Votes: 30 9.7%
  • I’m looking around at other game play possibilities.

Votes: 29 9.4%
  • I’m just about to give up.

Votes: 51 16.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
all is normal.

why should the fall in economy make ppl feel less good about entropia?

im sure ppl didnt invest more than they could handle to loose.

or ...

is it the real face of the average eu player we now see , the greed that went wrong?

i can still hunt , lootsystem still works ( but it changes with time ).

the only thing thats not the same is the " everything will always rise in value " feeling , i managed just fine without it before so i think i will manage just fine now.

EU is still EU , slow times are bound to come after a long time of upwards climbing.

just log in and do what you normally do , things will change from time to time , and the colonists who stay through it all will be the ones rewarded.

cheers

ermik

RL economic situation will only affect if ppl get too afraid of it. Without media spamming about recession things would be much better. This for sure has some effect ingame but I dont think its anything to worry about. Some ubers are selling a lot of stuff now and prices are going up but eventually they cant find any more buyers and prices will drop again.

CE2 could make things a little better, I just hope many people enough can run it :p

RL economic situation will only affect if ppl get too afraid of it. Without media spamming about recession things would be much better. This for sure has some effect ingame but I dont think its anything to worry about. Some ubers are selling a lot of stuff now and prices are going up but eventually they cant find any more buyers and prices will drop again.

CE2 could make things a little better, I just hope many people enough can run it :p

Whilst there is a case of the media spamming about recession making matters worse, they do just report the news of Iceland, banks going bankrupt, FTSE / Dow Jones figures, exchange rates, unemployment figures, interest rates etc.

From that you can draw your own conclusions.

oh well iceland is and island made of ice and stone how long did they think it's going to last? ^^

And the reason why rates are going worse is FEAR.

Although I've heard a lot of talk that there needs to be a recession to keep the market stable during a longer period, but c'mon you could do it nice and easy too :)

why should the fall in economy make ppl feel less good about entropia?

Well, why shouldn't it?

If people have less disposable income they are (presumably) going to look hard at where they spend it. It's not just that though, currency fluctuations have caused havoc for players in some countries.

Take UK players, a few months ago £10 would get you $21, so 210 ped. Now that same £10 gets you $15, so 150 ped.

To put that in to perspective a 40k ped gun cost someone in the UK £1,904 earlier this year. In the current economy that same 40k ped gun now costs someone in the UK £2,666. Even ignoring any inflation in game the current economic climate has meant (for example) people in the UK are facing enormous increases in the cost of depositing even if costs in the game itself have remained steady.

Put it this way, because of ill-health I couldn't log in for a couple of months over the summer. Before that time I was quite happy to deposit some money to go on a silly hunt with friends; when I was able to log on again the same amount of money would only buy about 70% of the amount of PED I could get previously. That, combined with continuingly iffy loot was enough to stop me depositing for "silly hunts" right there. I personally had no intention of paying 30% more for the same amount of "entertainment" and I know from chatting to other folk I'm not the only one...

So, I would say it's perfectly plausible the global economic climate is enough to make people "feel less good" about PE...

Take UK players, a few months ago £10 would get you $21, so 210 ped. Now that same £10 gets you $15, so 150 ped.

To put that in to perspective a 40k ped gun cost someone in the UK £1,904 earlier this year. In the current economy that same 40k ped gun now costs someone in the UK £2,666. Even ignoring any inflation in game the current economic climate has meant (for example) people in the UK are facing enormous increases in the cost of depositing even if costs in the game itself have remained steady.

I got your point there but Isn't this situation just getting back to what it was before? I mean during the whole summer USD went down and now its back on its normal rate... And prices will probably come down after a while so it should be better this way.

Situation is obviously not normal, I find it very unstable (I mean the economy).

But this is very exciting because there are a lot more opportunities.
Example, price of some plates or limited Hedocs during the robot invasion. ;)

A bit less speculation, some prices increase, some decreases, it is only time to think between two hunts. :D

Back