The game hijacks my microphone

Gimpy

Since there is no support forum, I'll mention this here. I logged onto this game and turned what I could find of voice chat off (the button on the bottom of chat has a red line through it indicating mic is muted) however this game seems to not function on it's own voice system but takes over Windows' sound controls.

I'm trying to talk to my buddy on Teamspeak but I can't do that because the game mutes my microphone in Windows. I was able to go into the Windows sound controls and unmute it while still having it muted in the game. However this means every time I click the button to talk and let go when finished talking in game and every time I enter the game my microphone will be muted again and I won't be able to talk on Teamspeak until I go into the Windows sound options and unmute it again.

This is absurd and literally is a deal breaker. Is there a way to fix it?

no fix that I know, support cases been made several months ago

Like das said, no fix that I know of.

A faster way to do it is to go to the ingame sound options and toggle the push to talk on/off and it resets to normal. (That's the way I do it)

The GAme rules!!!!!!!! VOICE can just setup push to talk in game will work for everything else running just know your prox chat will be on

Since there is no support forum, I'll mention this here. I logged onto this game and turned what I could find of voice chat off (the button on the bottom of chat has a red line through it indicating mic is muted) however this game seems to not function on it's own voice system but takes over Windows' sound controls.

I'm trying to talk to my buddy on Teamspeak but I can't do that because the game mutes my microphone in Windows. I was able to go into the Windows sound controls and unmute it while still having it muted in the game. However this means every time I click the button to talk and let go when finished talking in game and every time I enter the game my microphone will be muted again and I won't be able to talk on Teamspeak until I go into the Windows sound options and unmute it again.

This is absurd and literally is a deal breaker. Is there a way to fix it?

No, you need to unmute every time you start the game for now. He's another way to get it unmuted a bit faster in game:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?242509-Unmute-mic-after-starting-game

Ah.. FINALLY!! I use TeamSpeak for something like landgrab in another game.. For some weeks ive been wondering why my mic was always muted in the system.. Had NO idea it was EU that caused it.. (been back for a month from a LONG break)

MA FIX THIS!

The bug was identified and fixed about two months ago however due to a number of reasons there hasn't been a platform update yet, it will almost certainly be included in the next one.

I use to hear some players speaking sometimes lol :D

The bug was identified and fixed about two months ago however due to a number of reasons there hasn't been a platform update yet, it will almost certainly be included in the next one.

any chance that we get that fix tomorrow? :saint: ... a bit resigned about the platform development by now :saint:

sadly the big 14.2 VU did not contained it ....

I really do hope the fix is coming tommorrow, every time I log into EU it shuts down my mic. So fustrating when your in and out of the game as often as I am.

Back