The level 100 cap on non sib weapons

Pretto Loco

Dominant
Society
Freelancer
Pretto Loco Believingson
Where does this information come from?
That it is at exactly lvl 100 you can use an UL non sib weapon efficiently.
I don't doubt it, I just don't know where this claim originates.
Who tested it and came to this conclusion?

no need to test anything, look at any non-sib item stats while not 100/100
until you are 100/100 (lvl 100 on dmg and hit), your dmg will be lower and your hit ability and range will be lower as well.

As smilgs said this is easy to see and there is no magic to it. I tested with an imk2 logging hits/miss from lvl 97 to 100+ and there is no doubt that the difference is there even if it's only 3levels from maxing.

As we speaking about this, the game has outgrown that concept. It would make sense to dispel this static "magical boundary" and replace it with more relaxed spread above lvl 100. Luckily MA seems to have already reached the same conclusion.

In addition to the new top level weapons positioned in the lvl 100+ range we could also use a special attachment (both L and UL versions) that extends weapons prof requirement and gives a small increase in stats (in all of them or just some specific one: range, reload, damage interval, dpp).

As smilgs said this is easy to see and there is no magic to it. I tested with an imk2 logging hits/miss from lvl 97 to 100+ and there is no doubt that the difference is there even if it's only 3levels from maxing.

At 93, I miss 1 time per 60 ped on my sword. But it's not the misses that is concerning. It is the loss of damage.

I estimated that just on misses, I leak 7 ped an hour. But 10000 swings when you are losing 2 to 4 damage adds up very fast.

Thank you for answers and insights. I let you debate this. I come back and have something to say in 10 years. :rolleyes:

Best is to stick to Maxed Guns. While unL non sib guns might be appealing to you as they got relatively low markup and are repairable you will loose alot on low damage. Feel free to test it out on paper what results a certain weapon will give you at your level at http://www.entropiawiki.com/WeaponCompare.aspx

GL&HF

Back