The need for improved communications and trade…

Green Rowan

Alpha
Here are 3 things MA might want to consider. They would make life A LOT easier.

1. the possibility to search for the name of another EU player ingame.

At the moment we can only communicate (IM) with the people on our friends list. That isn’t sufficient by any standards. As strange as it may seem, sometimes people have stuff to say to ppl that aren’t necessarily on our friends list. We have participants from all over the world running around, and not everybody can meet easily… there are time zones to consider.

2. the possibility to store an IM a player sends to someone who isn’t on line.

In this age of instant communications, it’s kinda ridiculous that we can’t leave a message to someone, isn’t it?

3. a delayed trade system…

Works just like a normal trade, but it is not in real time. This would give people who are not online at the same time the possibility to trade.

...And would eliminate the necessity to be face to face with an ava to trade… I don’t even care if MA puts a fee on it.. I just want it… I hate to have to interrupt what I do, run to someplace else, hope that the person I want to trade with is online, etc, etc, etc…

And, NO, it isn’t’ the same as the order system in auction… When it comes to trade, I DO have preferences… I like to know to whom I sell.... Price isn't the only consideration.

Green

P.S. to preempt a whole line of arguments… the delayed trade and IM system could have an “ignore user” feature, to prevent spam and harassment.

Last edited:

Works just like a normal trade, but it is not in real time. This would give people who are not online at the same time the possibility to trade.

...And would eliminate the necessity to be face to face with an ava to trade… I don’t even care if MA puts a fee on it.. I just want it… I hate to have to interrupt what I do, run to someplace else, hope that the person I want to trade with is online, etc, etc, etc…

And, NO, it isn’t’ the same as the order system in auction… When it comes to trade, I DO have preferences… I like to know to whom I sell.... Price isn't the only consideration.

Delayed Trade system ALREADY exists. It's called a shop... or a shop keeper. If anyone and his dog could sell to anyone anytime, regardless of whether they are online or not, then the shops/shopkeepers would no longer be needed, even more shops would be closed down, and the entire rce would suffer.

What it sounds like is that you need to invest in a shopkeeper and an apartment, then put the avatar you are trying to sell to as guest... and set apartment to private... That way the guest is only one other than you who can enter and buy anytime 24/7... Yes, there is a price on this, and yes it does exist... and No, it's not the same as the auction.

A shopkeeper makes no sense if you only occasionally sell stuff… and who the hell has a truckload of cash to invest in one? Not everybody wants to “own” a shop… most of us only sell small quantities at irregular intervals.

...my point is that I want to be able to sell to whom I want, even if the person with whom I trade isn’t on line at that moment… and to be able to do that not only at Twins, but look him /her up with a search function, right click on the name and choose “delayed trade”…. and all that when I’m still on a mining run.

Here are 3 things MA might want to consider. They would make life A LOT easier.

1. the possibility to search for the name of another EU player ingame.

At the moment we can only communicate (IM) with the people on our friends list. That isn’t sufficient by any standards. As strange as it may seem, sometimes people have stuff to say to ppl that aren’t necessarily on our friends list. We have participants from all over the world running around, and not everybody can meet easily… there are time zones to consider.

2. the possibility to store an IM a player sends to someone who isn’t on line.

In this age of instant communications, it’s kinda ridiculous that we can’t leave a message to someone, isn’t it?

Green

P.S. to preempt a whole line of arguments… the delayed trade and IM system could have an “ignore user” feature, to prevent spam and harassment.

I agree with you there, and I'll add something if I may. I know I said this before, and I'll say it again. This game needs a voice system! At least a private chat one! And I know that lots of people think that it would use up server bandwidth, and all that stuff, but really! It's something that every other successful online game has.

And I know that lots of people think that it would use up server bandwidth, and all that stuff, but really! It's something that every other successful online game has.

and i know alots of people will say " then get ventrillo or team speak" but beleive me when i say that teaming up with random ppl and noobs has never been easier than with an ingame v.o.i.p system

Interesting suggestion, but need 'ignore' option ingame too so as to minimize spamming and info overload :D

I would like to see mobs list when mouse-over maps :)

Back