The new fragments

Norbert

Elite
I may be having a blonde moment but in the update notes it said they are introducing a common Nova Fragment, and making the Blazar Fragment rarer...

Now maybe it is just me being unlogical but...

There are thousands of Blazars in game already, wouldn't it have made more sense to make the Nova ones rarer as they are new and drops can be controlled?

Not a whine as i have very few Blazars and no Nova ofc, just a general question to see where this path of reasoning isn't logical...:laugh:

Mindark moves in mysterious ways.. :D

They didn't say they were making blazaars rarer, they said they would be rarer than nova frags.

I actualy think the blazaar will be rarer, but it's not an ilogical thing for MA to do.

They promote the fact that trading is part of the game and a way to make profit, to do this they need prices to fluctuate so you can buy low and sell high. So even if blazaar to drop less frequently, it's allowing traders to speculate on the market.

Yes Slither maybe that is the reason, thanks for the input that kind of makes some sense.

Can the new fragments be looted WITH other items? Or do they always come by their self like blazar?

Also, why is it that blazar can not be looted with other items?

We were warned...

We were warned about this a long time ago... When Blazer's first came out there was something in one of the releases that said that for the first few days the system would be adjusted to make them show up in loot more... Now they are fixing that adjustment.

Can the new fragments be looted WITH other items? Or do they always come by their self like blazar?

Also, why is it that blazar can not be looted with other items?

They only come alone, and just one fragment type at a time. They replace some of the no-loot messages we used to get.

In a short test today, I got 6 nova drops compared to 2 blazar drops. What I wonder is if we are getting more fragments overall, or are the novas taken from the blazar drops we would have gotten.

Have Novas shown a use yet? Are they replacing Blazars for some of the lower end tiers or new items that haven't been tiered yet?

Have Novas shown a use yet? Are they replacing Blazars for some of the lower end tiers or new items that haven't been tiered yet?

Novas are used for the enhancer bps now. Blazars are used for tiering.

This is somehow really pooh.
I am not really an enhancer crafter, but now I got a few K of Blazar I wanted to use and they are not usable for me anymore.
Ok, one could wait till the Nova prizes drop, but still...it would have been more logical to introduce them as Tier up ingredients (after all, you get some kine of "new" item) instead of changing the the BPs

I am not really an enhancer crafter, but now I got a few K of Blazar I wanted to use and they are not usable for me anymore.
Ok, one could wait till the Nova prizes drop, but still...it would have been more logical to introduce them as Tier up ingredients (after all, you get some kine of "new" item) instead of changing the the BPs

The nova price is less than 4 pec
The amount of nova it costs is one tenth of the number of blazars it used to cost per craft.

So what it your complaint?

The nova price is less than 4 pec
The amount of nova it costs is one tenth of the number of blazars it used to cost per craft.

So what it your complaint?

My whine is, that I have a stock of stuff I can not use anymore :D
And that "Nova" means "new", which would have been way better suited for Tier up than enhancers.
Sure, nice thing is I will make a profit selling them in a few weeks, but this change in my opinion disturbs the enhancer market. Enhancers are not yet really accepted and this change does not really improve the situation.

My whine is, that I have a stock of stuff I can not use anymore :D
And that "Nova" means "new", which would have been way better suited for Tier up than enhancers.
Sure, nice thing is I will make a profit selling them in a few weeks, but this change in my opinion disturbs the enhancer market. Enhancers are not yet really accepted and this change does not really improve the situation.

i don't understand the problem, besides you have a stock of blazers. In pratical it don't change anything with the enhancer crafting besides makeing it a bit cheaper, so what the problem?

I meant the thread to be about why the new drops the common frag, when blazars were already there in significant amounts. However i'll address your post :)..

Atm you are actually better off as a crafter with held blazars atm, so i would sell those asap :D. Also the new mixes require lots less Nova's per click than the recipe with Blazar :yay:, quite a lot less looking at level 1 Bp's ;).

So overall i would keep quiet about your situation, you are way better off now i think. a good move from MA on the recipe's though imo, should bring cost of enhancers down.

Back