The " New" mining since last VU

strakkan

Prowler
Society
Relics
Per Strakkan Kollebolle
Hi fellow miners !

What are your thoughts about last VU and changes of ore and enmatter positions ? To me is now seems we have few options besides cramping ourseflfs together into a PVP area to find Pyrite. Also a few rares still worth it but besides that very few things with a real MU now huh ? Am I wrong ? Give me your :twocents:

So far looks like you can multis on some rares : pyrite, kane, redulite.

It was insane how profitable was to have only 1 spot with pyrite. Main problem was people were exploiting low life and were using terra 6 7 8 amps.

So far looks like you can multis on some rares : pyrite, kane, redulite.

It was insane how profitable was to have only 1 spot with pyrite. Main problem was people were exploiting low life and were using terra 6 7 8 amps.
so instead of fixing the exploit they just moved the ore and made pvp deader.

so instead of fixing the exploit they just moved the ore and made pvp deader.
Pvp is quite far from dead. Ive got shot inside all areas atleast 10 times since VU. Before that almost never

Sounds like calypso is frantic with new mining, while arkadia got flushed down the toilet 😂😂😂😂

Pvp is quite far from dead. Ive got shot inside all areas atleast 10 times since VU. Before that almost never
Pvp would be way more active if there wasnt exploits. I dont even bother because I know i stand nothing to gain, and I am sure there are a lot of others that feel the same way.

Still plenty of pyrite in PVP.

That said, it’s going to take awhile to fully map the planet again. It’ll probably be a few weeks until the supply side settles out after the changes. I know I’m not really doing amped mining right now since I’m mapping, so I won’t be selling much for awhile. I imagine others aren’t fully ramped up yet either.

before VU all the pyrite was located in a tiny section east of aegis. you're getting shot more because before you weren't there and everyone else was. Now everyone is forced to spread out and discover new spots.

Though I haven't mined since the changes. I know a few miners that are making absolute bank right now.

14h + days, can't stop.

Though I haven't mined since the changes. I know a few miners that are making absolute bank right now.

14h + days, can't stop.
Yeah , I can understand the part with Pyrite but rest is going down with little hope for MU again. Belk is a exception from that. Seems it gains a few % atm

Yeah , I can understand the part with Pyrite but rest is going down with little hope for MU again. Belk is a exception from that. Seems it gains a few % atm
People have reported better average tt compared to before as well.

Petonium on planet. Nexus , Blaus and Niks on further more places. A few changes I noticed

People have reported better average tt compared to before as well.
kp5pktzdNdcXwqgXfEKCyPavRZby7xgdDLwuDwMeE2qkNzxHPLCE2G52iIGwPqLdzIuiKwbUVAp3H5uG9_vyAgXUZH0MmHTNHXta_Ub_-o1jZyyc1XNA_tfJ2XlHX9V1q6TmRAD82_lGKoB3GWeZbpPbz3rtm5rNn27VHQ

How is mining going on New Treasure Island ?
What are the minerals in the area now ?

FYI: petonium and niks have been added to OLA#41 East, New Switzerland.

Zinc tuned down quite a bit. Enjoy

I.

How is mining going on New Treasure Island ?
What are the minerals in the area now ?
Only dropped around 100-150 probes there. So far nothing new and interesting at all. Cobalt most exciting find. Im sure no miner here will disclose if the find a area with better stuff ;)

I've gone on a few mining runs mostly on TI and it seems like the resources are more spread out. It's basically a new area so there are some of the old resources and some new. I still found maganite here and there on the island but it wasn't concentrated to a specific zone like it was in the past. Outside of TI I think the resource fields are the same but the contents are definitely different so it will take some time to map things out. There is a bit of unpredictability now but that might only affect some of the botting and resource manipulations like there was with the past system. Now you have to use your grey noodle to be successful instead of a timer and macro.

I don't mind the update and I hope mining continually gets refreshed with resources, tools, and other interesting finds.

Last edited:
What high end mining gear?
Indeed. L items wouldn’t really work for renting and are generally better than equivalent UL items when it comes to finders and amps due to the price tags and extremely poor ROI. Once you can craft terra 5/6 amps decently, it wouldn’t be worth it to hold on to an UL level 8 even.

Adjusted/Improved excavators are nice, but don’t have much for ROI compared to TT items. The only thing in the UL realm related to mining that has good ROI are some blueprints.

before VU all the pyrite was located in a tiny section east of aegis. you're getting shot more because before you weren't there and everyone else was. Now everyone is forced to spread out and discover new spots.
i dont know about you but i always find pyrite in rig zone near ashi

Took a break from mining when loads of land areas on Amethera had oil and lyst fillers cranked up. Do we still have a lyst and oil filler situation or have they tuned that down? Years of exploring just to get loads of lyst and oil thrown at you is a joke.

Only expensive lesson I learned is "Do not throw away life time tracking loads of areas, it will change, and all your efforts are gone".
Happened to RT when cut in half, happened to Arkadia when they realized that finding 30 resource types in a small area was a tad bit to much and happened to NI when the new management did a complete overhaul of resource distribution and also terrain changes.

Calypso had a steady resource distribution for a very very long time, then came the fillers, and now?
I guess it's time to find out.

Back