These shoes are made for pwning.

Skam

The Half-Wit Phoenix
Society
Rabbids
Silicon Skam Chip
I just finished my first shoe customizing project :yay:
That was alot of fun :) whaddya think? Sorry for the poor photo quality, my camera's broke and my phone cam really sucks. There's more shading then what you see in these, but the general impression I guess is the same.

24062009805-lite.jpg

picture0003.jpg

Of course there's cupcakes :D

The shoes were some old converse shoes in white and red which I repainted. :)

(There's more pics of the process in my blog btw)

Those are great, Skam!!! :wtg:

....do they come in Big Foot men's sizes?? (kidding) ;)

darri

LOL thats an awesome looking pair of shoes i must say! Now make a shirt as well and post a picture of urself in ur customized clothing.. :p

Haha Darri, thats a Woman's size 6 :D Try putting your feet in those!

Thanks kyleen! :) Im not sure painting acrylics on tshirts works very well, but Im already rummaging through the loft to see if I have anything else old and worn out that I can customize. Im thinking Messenger bag next :D I might also have some old denim jackets I can pimp... Can you believe those are in again now? whee!

Since I finished these at around 5 am I havent yet worn them outside. I think Ill have to wear a skirt today just to show them off in their full glory.

I gotta be honest, Im loving them more and more the more I look at them :yay:

They look awesome!

I could marry those shoes! :yay:

Those shoes are pretty awsome. When you wear them out could you take some more pictures? You get a better feel of what they look like when they are in use. :)

Nice work and thanks for sharing. It was something like this I was expecting when I saw Happy Feet.

Does the acrylic not crack with wear? Did you paint a fixative or curing layer over the top?

And you can use acrylics on shirts, here's some tips.

Also cupcakes!.

Adamas, maybe tomorrow :) Didnt do anything today.

Nice work and thanks for sharing. It was something like this I was expecting when I saw Happy Feet.

Does the acrylic not crack with wear? Did you paint a fixative or curing layer over the top?

I use a lick of wood varnish on the top. Im not sure how long it'll take for it to wear down as it is my first time I do something like this. Wood varnish is what the other shoe designers have recommended though, some whom do it commercially, so I guess it should be okay. The fabric still bends fine. I think it might crack if you put too thick layers of acrylics on, since it'd be way too stiff then.

Thanks for the links :)
Cupcakes, mmmmm!

Back