They know....

Wollongong

Elite
Society
Odysseus Unbound
Jerry "Wollo" Wollongong
They know....

they know everything.
They know what I do in the game, but they also know what I am thinking. It's creepy.

A few days ago, I was grinding puny again (past the 3k/10k). I was working on the last kill, and figured that before logging off, I'd get my grenade launcher out for the kill shot.

One shot was fired.

They KNEW I was going to stop, so they threw me a temp skill bonus. For grenade launchers. So what did I do? I grinded for a bit longer, blasting through all the grenades I had.

Now, today, I was getting hungry. So I figured "this will be the last puny for now".
And at that moment, I get a skill booster for 40% more laser gains. Guess who didn't log out.

Shame MA hasn't figured out that a ATH will keep me in the game even longer LOL.

But the big question is.... how can they know? Where are the mics? Did they install cameras? Or are they working together with the NSA? Maybe that is why the NASA project never worked, the NSA decided the MA technology was too beautiful to be used for tasks so mundane as space exploration!

Switching weapons/tools does it :). That's how I get a half of my skills bonuses on faps (= useless), and a half of the rest on blp tagger (while main gun is laser, = useless). Another thing that almost surely triggers a bonus is getting afk for a short while (upon return).

That being said, they do know... :tinfoil:

I've noticed this too. I get more skill bonus on my fap, regen chip and tagger than I get on my main weapon. Even when I fire 3k shots on the main weapon and only a few clicks on the other stufff.

Not very cool, or maybe it's just bad luck.

In fact, I believe that the switching and the afk thing are demonstrations of the same mechanics - if a tool hasn't been used for a while (because you were using something else or were afk), it gets "cooled down" enough to trigger a bonus. Another (un)popular example is tp chips.

I've noticed this too. I get more skill bonus on my fap, regen chip and tagger than I get on my main weapon. Even when I fire 3k shots on the main weapon and only a few clicks on the other stufff.

Not very cool, or maybe it's just bad luck.

same here =/
more skillboosts with arsonistic, taggerand fap

its like mining skill bonuses.. u always get a nice 100%+ 15min on the last few drops

In fact, I believe that the switching and the afk thing are demonstrations of the same mechanics - if a tool hasn't been used for a while (because you were using something else or were afk), it gets "cooled down" enough to trigger a bonus. Another (un)popular example is tp chips.

yeah the TP chip LOL so what am I suppose to jump around now for the next 5 min? LOL

They KNEW I was going to stop, so they threw me a temp skill bonus.

Hahaha so many times that happened to me!
Thinking "ok, just one more kill" and get a 10 minute skill bonus, lol
Sometimes I can hunt for 3 or 4 hours without a bonus, but the minute I want to leave...

It's actually theoretically possible that they know.

They know how long you hunt on average.

They know how much you burn on a hunt on average.

They know how much everyone burns on the same mob you are hunting, on average.

Same for whatever other tools or professions.

It shouldn't take long to use that info to trigger bonuses so that you extend your time and peds spend.

Now, question is, are they using that info?

Tinfoil hat time? hehehe

Switch between two of the same weapons when you hunt and see if it does the same thing? If it does then it is just the switching of things in your hand that triggers the skill. If it doesn't then it is MA giving you skill boost on something they know you don't use much.:dunce:

And again today. Killed a bunch of punies, joined a socmate killing LT, and at logouttime, I tped out, getting...the translocator skill bonus.

Well..that's not even keeping ME in game LOL

I seem to have the issue - every time I get a boost I get no skills in that particular skill for the duration of the bonus.

Nice thread :D.

I get to the last mob or two before I'm out of ammo, the boom, 200% skill boost for 15 minutes. Ok, I take out my portable tt and extend my hunt. Just as that hunt is about over...boom, another large skill boost. Fug it, I'm out. :laugh:

LoL

So true this thread from the original poster.
:)

Heh... the skill gain bonus usually means I will not get any skill gains for the next five minutes.

They know....

they know everything.
They know what I do in the game, but they also know what I am thinking. It's creepy.

A few days ago, I was grinding puny again (past the 3k/10k). I was working on the last kill, and figured that before logging off, I'd get my grenade launcher out for the kill shot.

One shot was fired.

They KNEW I was going to stop, so they threw me a temp skill bonus. For grenade launchers. So what did I do? I grinded for a bit longer, blasting through all the grenades I had.

Now, today, I was getting hungry. So I figured "this will be the last puny for now".
And at that moment, I get a skill booster for 40% more laser gains. Guess who didn't log out.

Shame MA hasn't figured out that a ATH will keep me in the game even longer LOL.

But the big question is.... how can they know? Where are the mics? Did they install cameras? Or are they working together with the NSA? Maybe that is why the NASA project never worked, the NSA decided the MA technology was too beautiful to be used for tasks so mundane as space exploration!

in early 2011 mindark implemented a new system (adjusting loot) we all like to call it "artificial Intelligence" , but it worx not what you secribed.
it is like a huge list of different rules that reacts to your actions describing are you happy,addicted or dissapointed.

there is such rules like - 1. hof before your "inventory-pedcard" ammount of tt limit.
2. Different loot when changing mobs and la's
3. Pay time - addicted, dissapointed or happy whith what you have.
4. Rule with describing - gambler, grinder
and alot of others. but noone sit and listen what you talk and what you trye to do :)

i know people who is working on such type projects, it is useffull to attract clients or make nice summary of planning new aukcions or sells.

p.s. dont think wrong, all creatures have ai (artificial Intelligence) in game . AI of mob(computer controlled creature) has his own AI that describes how it react, how he moves and how he attack.

A bit more information :

source : http://www.rehabtoday.com/articles/gambling-addiction-uk.html
(look for bold letters)

The abundance, the ease of access and the quick-fire betting of gaming machines only account for part of their addictive nature. The artificial intelligence of modern day machines can be programmed to manipulate the gamer into playing on when they might otherwise have stopped by allowing them to believe that they have almost won the jackpot. An example of this would be when two reels on a fruit machine match up but the third just misses (scratch-card operators have been accused of similar dirty tricks, always allowing two symbols to correspond but never a third, thus generating a thrill and sense of expectation in the gamer that entices them into playing again). With all these obstacles to overcome, escaping slot addiction in Britain can be a true test of will.

it was long time ago invented, just now it is so perfect that simple man cannot understand if he is so dump , or he is happy because lost 1k usd and won 900 and leaves so happy like won a million.

p.s.s. still loot return is same as was in start of game, still nothing changed , these rules just makes more people happy so i dont se any problem here :)

Last edited:
Back