This pvp intensity but in UE5

AckerZ

Old Alpha
Society
Dirty Dingos
Anonymous AckerZ Anonymous
Stumbled on another epic landgrab video posted by user 'devastating' a few years back

Looks awesome back then, with a ue5 skin and smoother gameplay pvp is going to be actually incredible. Suggestion: They should make some kind of level capped pvp tournament style thing so the non-ubers can sample this kind of intense play. Its awesome to watch must be epic to be a part of but gotta rack up some serious skill points and gear to hang and bang at that level which for most of us is at least a year of solid play or so away.

Last edited:
Stumbled on another epic landgrab video posted by user 'devastating' a few years back

Looks awesome back then, with a ue5 skin and smoother gameplay pvp is going to be actually incredible. Suggestion: They should make some kind of level capped pvp tournament style thing so the non-ubers can sample this kind of intense play. Its awesome to watch must be epic to be a part of but gotta rack up some serious skill points and gear to hang and bang at that level which for most of us is a year or so away.
Levels and skills are important and should stay that way.

I think what he's trying to say is also give an opportunity for non-ubers to be able to try it out and not be annihilation to boredom. But yes skills and gear should def matter.

We have a area where you get equalised, it's the HUB on Cyrene. There was lots of action in it at release. It was plaqued by bugs tho so now it's dead AFAIK noone is in there ATM.

PvP is pay to win though. Would be the same people doing it as always.. then they’ll find something to moan about… as they always do.

PvP is pay to win though. Would be the same people doing it as always.. then they’ll find something to moan about… as they always do.
It's not actually, I harass way stronger avatars then me, with much more expensive gear then I got :) You need to come up with better excuse why you suck at pvp :)

Of course but that doesnt mean there shouldn't be more pvp options for lower level players

Saw this vid 1 month into starting EU and really wanted to be in WSS when I did :D lol

index.php

PVP intensity today, idea is to put as many vehicles as possible, and fly away when mob train comes :D

Looks awesome back then, with a ue5 skin and smoother gameplay pvp is going to be actually incredible. Suggestion: They should make some kind of level capped pvp tournament style thing so the non-ubers can sample this kind of intense play. Its awesome to watch must be epic to be a part of but gotta rack up some serious skill points and gear to hang and bang at that level which for most of us is at least a year of solid play or so away.
There was a MF PvP only event on NI that seemed like it was going to be lots of fun, but the turn out was really poor, which is a shame as more of this sort of thing would be brilliant!

It's not actually, I harass way stronger avatars then me, with much more expensive gear then I got :) You need to come up with better excuse why you suck at pvp :)
True, people have a misconception that you need "uber" HP or levels / gear, whereas I have been killing players in lootable zones since level 40s with 160~ HP.
Everyone told me "oh, you need 200+ HP before you go PvP lootable". And yes, this helps, but just is not needed.

You don't need to be bigger than everyone, or the person you are trying to kill, you just need to hit the target - hard.

here is a clip of the "hit the target-hard" meaning

here is a clip of the "hit the target-hard" meaning
That's hard and this is MANY, only 71.

Yeah, fort events, land grab as well as the practice version at Tukar, are great fun! Having participated a lot in the latter, I think you underestimate how much there is for non-uber players to do in these events. Of course, lower-skilled players will be severely disadvantaged in direct, head-to-head combat, but repairing, healing others, shooting structures, finishing off enemies with low health, and even just distracting enemies' attention away from bigger threats on your own team are all valuable contributions. Oh, and any skill level player can command the Defense Turrets to useful ends.

While I grant that when one only considers the impact on the event itself, skill caps may sound like a good idea, my opinion is that they have a very negative impact on the overall Entropia experience, and should be avoided/removed in favor of better solutions. We've finally managed to remove skilling anti-incentives from Mayhem, and should strive to do the same for Gold Rush, fort events, etc. Skilling up should be a positive experience, not a set of tradeoffs we pretend to be able to manage despite having radically incomplete information about the game's future development.

The best way I can think of off hand to further enhance the lower-skilled player experience here would be to make each skill a slider instead of a static bar. Thus, a player who has 5287 Engineering skill points under the current skill system would have the free, reversible ability to set their skill points anywhere between 1 and 5287 at will under the new system. Then skill capped events could be created without excluding people, and no one would have to chip out or avoid skilling too quickly to participate. In fact, this system would further reduce the loss of affordance from skilling, as it would give players the option to temporarily experiment with de-maxing their items, reduce how much weight they can hold or how fast they can run, etc. These may not sound like particularly attractive options, but may have some niche use (i.e., when fruit could only be found by walking below a certain speed, maybe it would have been nice to have a lower weight threshold to optimize run speed just barely slow enough to still see the fruit), and are currently lost due to skilling.

The only thing lost under such a system would be the ability to cap giveaways to newcomers by inspecting their attributes, but if a giveaway is small in size, it will organically attract primarily newcomers. And if it somehow doesn't, the composition of participants is a reflection of their preferences for the prize anyhow, which seems to me a better metric for prize distribution than newness or skill level. If Player A cares twice as much about that 1 PED prize as Player B, shouldn't A have at least as much chance to obtain it as B, even if A has more HP than B?

Last edited:
i am nowhere near uber, just a casual player (who can aim, unlike anyone in the above vids) and i made this video:

you dont need to deposit like an uber to have fun in pvp, MA just have 0% interest in doing anything to enhance pvp

i am nowhere near uber, just a casual player (who can aim, unlike anyone in the above vids) and i made this video:

you dont need to deposit like an uber to have fun in pvp, MA just have 0% interest in doing anything to enhance pvp
That was fucking amazing xD
10/10 on the editing too

Back