Suggestion: This will cause chaos....

ProActive Mango

Stalker
How about making DROPPED LIMITED armour, weapon and tools ~15% better in stats, boost the efficency by a bit compared to the unlimited variant.

CRAFTED armour, weapon and tools ~8% better than the unlimited version.

UNLIMTED armour, weapon and tools keeps the base stats.

This way the circulation of items and resourses will get a significant boost.

UNLIMTED gear still keeps value, sence you can grind all day with it.

What % of boost to the limited gear can be up for debate, perhaps not a efficency boost but more protection and dps?

I would like to your what you guys think and want to add or remove from this idea.

/Mayhem

Limited armor already has 10% better economy (decays 10% less for the same amount of damage absorbed).

I can't speak for weapons or other tools, but for Armor, I think it mostly comes down to perception; most people don't really see the savings that they make versus using UL, unless they record every parameter of their hunting runs (which most people don't do). I think most people just look at the mu that they have to pay for it and fixate on that and nothing else. So even if you suddenly gave limited armors a boost in protection stats, it wouldn't change the fact that people tend to fixate mostly on the mu they have to pay, which is not factored into loot calculations. At the end of the day, it's not really the right way to address the issue.

The rising prices of UL items is one way to create more demand for limited items. Another is to add things to limited items that are just not available on UL items. For example buffs or exclusive access to an area, mission or mob.. For example if Robot Beacons required that players wear a full set of Eon (L) in order to enter, you would see the price of that armor sky rocket for a bit, similar to how T-Bird (L) has recently, due to the new Tezlapod spawn and Tezlapod pet.

Legends

Last edited:
Back