Thousand Hiruyys -a skilling test

Cay

Guardian
Society
Church of Lootius
Cayla Cay Mirgil
As Lootius is my witness, I shall kill one thousand Hiryuus (1000) from this moment on.

I will report the skill gain, maturity level and weapon used.

Please watch my progress on this thread: Cay's Diary

At the beginning her skill in rifle 1018, weapon Murdand Groover/Opalo with amp A104

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Last edited:
gl with this. I hope you hof on them a lot times

First day passed, no Hiryuus located. See the diary for full report.

there are tons of these birds around north and east pvp1.

Tons around north pvp3 too.

Go west southwest from orthos. If you don't find any there, you ned to clean your screen.

There used to be a Place NW of Echidna I called Hiryuu mountain because there were tons of birds that hovered around it. There are also lots of argonauts it was always quite a challenge to scale the mountain and mine. Found a huge blau there many VUs ago. I have not been there in a long while but my best directions are to head NW once you hit the housing project (lots of snarks, molisk, and drones around the project) Keep heading through the housing project (lots of lag) stay NW while keeping the mountains to your left. You should pass about 2-3 mountain ranges and start running into argos before you hit Hiryuu mountain. If they are still there you can't miss it. Good luck. :)

Cay said:
First day passed, no Hiryuus located. See the diary for full report.

hahahaha....

Thanks everyone for the tips!

That was one reason why I decided to publish my quest :) to interact with oters, to hear tips and learn from previous experiences. I hope my skill-gain-table will also give the community something in return. Hehhehh at least something to talk/laugh about :) !

Shadow-Ale said:
Go west southwest from orthos. If you don't find any there, you need to clean your screen.
Hehhehehhehahahhahahahahahaaa hehhe

once while mining in PvP1 I saw a ton of birds...Was to new to know what they were, but they may be what your looking for :)

I like this determination of yours, 1000 is a nice number :)

good luck with this 1k, and yea check out PvP SW from Orthos, plenty of there, hope u have good taggin weapon with nice range

PVP1 is definitely a good place to find them birds.
there is even good hills/mountains where you can go to where they are lower to the ground (in some places low enough for them to agro on you instead of you having to tag them) in other places its low enough to tag them with an opalo when they are within the center disk of your radar.

Good luck and have fun! I hope you get many HoFs on the way to 1000!:tiphat:

yeah you should hunt more than your rifle skills go higher ;)

Day 2 updated. Still no Hiryuu...but many good tips, thank you!

Died many times by atrax and Merp gang...uhm...bangs.

Three Hiryuus today!! Hiphurrah!!!

Finally Lootius also granted me some loot too :)

No skill gain on rifle though...so much for my hypothese of 1 gain per bird...

LOL ! the world is full with hiryuus.. all around Echidna, E of Pandora, near PvP1, on Amethera in the "big long" area S of TI and so on

sacklitch said:
only 3??? u make 2 minutes hunt?

See my blog Cay´s diary

Little background, though. My current IRL routine prevents me from hunting more than hour-hour and a half per day...that´s after work before going to evening school...so most time so far has spent on locating the birds. I have never actually hunted Hiryuus before, so this is really new to me...I wanted a full learning process...starting from scratch :)

Now, that I have found a spot with Hiryuus, and if I do not die on location (remeber: I have made a vouche with Lootius not to kill other mobs than Hiryuus...unless it is really necessary, and even then preferrably with an axe) so if another mob attacks on me, I die and end up far from the spot.

That´s where my time goes: on running. And in that small time-frame it means fewer kills.

Last edited:
Running?

Why don´t U buy a teleport chip? Then U don´t have to run so much ;)

Good Luck :)

Back