Help: Thread was moved but I can't find it anywhere...

• Thread starter Deleted member 58836
  • Start date
Status
D

Deleted member 58836

Hey,

I had a thread in the Selling forum but because I have the items in Auction I'm not allowed to post there? I've prefaced my post with the expectation that this is in anticipation of the auctions ending and giving the public a chance to pickup such items at a cheaper price individually than the Combo that I was selling in the thread.

I'm not in favor of this rule and would like an open review of said policies please. It makes no sense to not allow visibility on the forums of auction items, especially since the forums are a great place to provide context on such items. MindArk has been paid the fee for me to list on auction, do I need to pay a fee here to list as well at the same time? Does MindArk host the forum?

If, for some reason, I'm not seeing the context as to why this rule exists, can someone please provide it?

Rifle + Shotgun + Knife + 25% Skill Gain! was moved to a different forum. Reason: 5.1 - Auction Competition If an item is listed in the Entropia Universe auction system, you are NOT permitted to post a sales thread for the same item on PlanetCalypsoForum.

Also, I would like to know where my post was "moved" to as I had put a great deal of effort into this post and did not think it would be deleted off the face of the internet and hadn't saved a backup copy.

Cheers,
The Great Adventurer

The possibility exist that you find a seller on the forum, but can't finalize the deal because in the meantime the item has already offers in the ingame auction so you can't sell it through the forum, or the item might even be sold already ingame when you are still advertising on the forum.

That is why this rule is here, when you want to sell something you need to have the item available.

The possibility exist that you find a seller on the forum, but can't finalize the deal because in the meantime the item has already offers in the ingame auction so you can't sell it through the forum, or the item might even be sold already ingame when you are still advertising on the forum.

That is why this rule is here, when you want to sell something you need to have the item available.

To be honest... that's one lame ass reason to have that rule lol

If I make a deal outside of Entropia to sell something and I make them aware it's freely available on the Auction and the deal is contingent on the Auction either not selling or me taking the hit on the fee and removing it from Auction, there is no reason why the buyer should have any ill-feelings other than "shit I missed out" when we logon to find it has a bid already (which means they have to overbid, so what?) OR it's been sold and that's a simple, "well... early bird gets the worm".

There is disappointment involved but nothing that would negatively affect any party involved in the transaction or expected transaction.

As already mentioned, the thread was removed due to violating Rule 5.1, which has been a thing for as long as I can remember. Apart from what SuperKanjo said, there are also several other reasons for this rule:

5.1 - Auction Competition
If an item is listed in the Entropia Universe auction system, you are NOT permitted to post a sales thread for the same item on PlanetCalypsoForum. The purpose of the PlanetCalypsoForum Trading section is to facilitate deals not easily accomplished using the existing mechanisms available within Entropia Universe. The PlanetCalypsoForum Trading section is NOT provided as a means to circumvent the fees associated with the Entropia Universe auction, nor to compete with the Entropia Universe auction in any way. Any post in violation of this provision may be deleted without notice.

Thus, I can forward your complaint to 711 for review, but it is highly unlikely that the rule is changed.

As for the text of your post, I can PM you a copy of it for if you decide to re-post it if your auction listing expires without a sale. Do note, however, that your images must be uploaded to the forum or they violate Rule 4.1 - Third Party Images.

Status
Back