FYI: Tips for hunters after removal of Gazz/Iron

BaronNuss

Old Alpha
Society
Art of Mining
BaronNuss XXVII DepositFinder
It may help u a lil bit, looks like lots of ppl complain and they´re at the same time too lazy to look 1 minute into auction, or other planet-forums, adapt a lil bit at least.

First, open the auction.

Now, what drops frequently, right, it´s oil, so what do I see there:

Animal Heart Oil, 110% - history tells me month there´s sold 67k PED, that´s mediocre, but enough if u can wait a bit longer so it sells.

Animal Kidney Oil, 115% and only 4 bigger offers left, that most likely means it´s gonna raise a lil bit, or is stable, and a very nice 150k ped per month sold, so u can sell it rather fast.

Animal Liver Oil, 109%, not even 1 site left, but bigger amounts, history tells me 10k PED per day sold, 330k f.cking PED per month, it may raise a bit in MU and it sells really really fast.

Animal Spleen Oil, almost 120% MU and raising if nothing big happens, 1 site left, history tells me 180k PED per month sold, sells pretty good and a very nice markup.

Animal Oil Residue, atm 101% but wait, now that´s the big one, only 2 real offers left and 24k PED sold per DAY, after those two are sold MU goes up to 120% and more if hunters are smart, 300k per month, so day tells us lots of ppl need it atm and u can sell it within some hours, minutes, literally.

Make some smaller stacks and u can even sell eye oil etc for more markup.

Now take entropedia, and look what mobs loot this and that oil, often, that´s not rly accurate u have to hunt some mobs to be sure, and dont hunt in taxed areas.(And there are mobs which give u more rare oil than smth else)

Also check what you could get with a global or just a bigger loot, for example a weapon, armor, etc cause that´s what could save you often.

---------

Or look@other planets, check auction for more stuff with MU, or what´s raising, do some research.

And I just listed the oils for you, compare that with old Iron-MU, 106% most time?
Gazz price was maybe bit better, well it´s gone for now, right now it would´ve been 110% if they wouldnt have removed it from small bots.

And it´s not like u looted that stuff all the time, it was mixed with wool etc.

Have no idea if that´s enough markup, at least not that one below 110%, but you could survive long enough to get a global with a decent MU item.

---------

I don´t know if that helps you, but I think hunter vs miner is the wrong direction, you can also speculate with android vixen gear, they´re needed for crafting at least one good RT-amp, other ressources are quite common, if u find a crafter(and there are some crafting those bps), then you can sell one part for atm 2000% MU or smth like that, nevertheless to say one gear has tiny TT.

Edit:

It just happened, last 2 big offers of animal residue are sold and now there are no real offers left, that means Mu goes up, maybe way more, use those chances.

So everyone gets it right, I´m talking about chances, not long term stuff and I agree 100% that hunting loot needs a serious overhaul.

Additional points&tips

-Try 23PED Beacons, they´re cheap and u can get some %.

-Farm Cyrene as soon as hard launch starts, that´s how it is and that´s how it goes nowadays:

Grind the planet the first weeks like grasshoppers for ul-items and special items and then back to Caly, move to the next new planet as soon as that one starts.

-Always look out for huge, planet-wide events, I don´t mean that u participate in
those perse, for example WOF, lots of things are expensive then, buy ur stuff before wof starts.

-Robot event, check what bots don´t loot, that could raise in MU in that time, you can start hunting before the event even starts and then u´re the first one selling the biggest amount and for a better markup than everyone else

(And check what bots often loot, so u can sell it before, at least if u dont wanna wait till it´s over)

You can A whine forever&quit or B keep your head up cause we all know they won´t bring it back, it´s MA.

Last edited:
To get some of the Oils above mentioned you need to hunt certain mobs and even certain maturities.
As for a miner, all materials are available depending on the finder you use, not the amp

:eyecrazy: and who is going to buy animal oil residue at 120% when you can buy other residues?
and btw most of it comes from crafting i would say not hunting

If u don´t try it it will never work, there are lots of ppl panicking when smth gets rare in auction and is often used for crafting, use that chance and sell ur stuff for a rediculous markup within that time.

Even that means animal oil residue could at least have 108%, at least, just hunters dont understand their might.

Lots of thing dont work long time, only one day or a few, u have to react.

recheck the oil markups 1 week after botevent & we'll talk again then..:laugh:

Exactly, use chances immediately or never while others are blind.

Well let me see the oils and which mob drop them frequently ( pick you choice of the mobs which are well suited for noobs in Riker UL3 stage, p4a stage, p5a stage )

Araneatrox, Aurli, Kreltin, Proteron, Chomper, fresq.... hmmm seems these are exactly the same low levels like Argonaut, or ?

Oil residue is a common drop AND not many bps can use it. Once people go from bots back to their usual hunting habits It will plummet back to 100.5%-101%.

anyway thanks for trying, i appreciate the diplomatic attitude behind it.

I've heard that heart, kidney, liver, spleen oil is dropping from 300 HP mobs like crazy. Not.

I guess you have no idea how hard for average players is to loot some of those oils. Then if you are able to hunt those mobs, you are probably loosing anyway because high DPS weapons costs SO MUCH. Another option would be teaming with someone, but again it's real cash economy game, there are only few people you can trust enough to team with.
Animal oil residue is just temporary thing, it has always been 100.5%-101%. While iron was 104% at worst (when some polish scammers were bombing CND like crazy with unbreakable amps), gazz probably 112% worst. So don't be lazy and get your facts right.

Lots of thing dont work long time, only one day or a few, u have to react.

And without being too negative- This was exactly different with argos - so the casual hunter might miss the opportunity until he has enough stacked up to auction it and can wait 1 year or more for the next bot event. Some people simply log in 1-2 hours at evening to play and on weekends some more. Often that already means the opportunity is already gone. Iron and gazz also had opportunities in the 110-115% area or gazz over 130%, but when you missed it you had at least the chance to sell this stuff still for a markup while the oils tend to go down to 101-105% in hours ( Big loots often come with big amounts of it which can saturate the market for days )

Well let me see the oils and which mob drop them frequently ( pick you choice of the mobs which are well suited for noobs in Riker UL3 stage, p4a stage, p5a stage )

Araneatrox, Aurli, Kreltin, Proteron, Chomper, fresq.... hmmm seems these are exactly the same low levels like Argonaut, or ?

Oil residue is a common drop AND not many bps can use it. Once people go from bots back to their usual hunting habits It will plummet back to 100.5%-101%.

anyway thanks for trying, i appreciate the diplomatic attitude behind it.

I can say most noobs with starter-bankroll never made profit from argos for years now while MU was around 106%, it´s a drop in the bucket.

But I agree, hunting has some major problems, but if u use those often short lasting chances u can at least make quite some more PED meanwhile.

there is a rumor that you can also loot brain oil :D

thx for your post but like others peeps said, these oil are only on certain mob...

just replace gazz + iron per usefull gun (lr 48/41/hl 6/h400) at least we could use our loot to hunt

I can say most noobs with starter-bankroll never made profit from argos for years now while MU was around 106%, it´s a drop in the bucket.

But I agree, hunting has some major problems, but if u use those often short lasting chances u can at least make quite some more PED meanwhile.

tis drop in the bucket was the difference for me. 106% Was my point to roughly break even with a 2k ped bankroll. So when i had more i could easily move to other mobs without regret, buy something nice ( clothes, vehicles all those consumabales / luxury goods which stimulate the market ), join team hunts on other mobs (...) and knew exactly i had always enough to come back ahead after i went out wasting some. Do not underestimate something which has not a super high MU, but is easily sellable and covers 5 ped of you loss alone on average after EACH hunt ( assuming the 106% - most the time i could even sell higher ).

there is a rumor that you can also loot brain oil :D

thx for your post but like others peeps said, these oil are only on certain mob...

just replace gazz + iron per usefull gun (lr 48/41/hl 6/h400) at least we could use our loot to hunt

I think that´s the wrong way, they should remove all weapons, all armors, everything from loot except stackables and adjust crafting so hunting loot is way more required.

To tell the truth, all those ul-items are poison for a mediocre economy like EU.

It´s not fun but that´s the price if u wanna have ok-average markup after a run.

Just look, someone put oil residue in auction not even checking the current supply&demand, 101%, and just 1 second after that the next lemming puts it in auction for a even lower price, there goes the opportunity, seems they don´t wanna have more, it´s a mystery.

Its only temporarily higher because everybody is hunting robots. It'll came back down in a few weeks.

Only listed oils, there are other opportunities on new planets too, just have to speculate a lil bit.

-Farm Cyrene as soon as hard launch starts, that´s how it is and that´s how it goes nowadays:

Grind the planet the first weeks like grasshoppers for ul-items and special items and then back to Caly, move to the next new planet as soon as that one starts, if u get low markup on Caly or on Cyrene, who cares, you can at least get some nice items if ure lucky.

Just look, someone put oil residue in auction not even checking the current supply&demand, 101%, and just 1 second after that the next lemming puts it in auction for a even lower price, there goes the opportunity, seems they don´t wanna have more, it´s a mystery.

Thats the same problem with miners , all want a safe and fast sell.

AS long as the economy is supplied / feeded with fresh depos the lowering of mu to get a quick turnaround will always be a problem with auction, be it hunters ,crafters or miners , we are all guilty to the same lemming mentality

+ rep to baronnuss for at least trying.
whining is easy , making a try is always harder but can be profiting in the end

So everyone gets it right, I´m talking about chances, not long term stuff and I agree 100% that hunting loot needs a serious overhaul.

Additional points&tips

-Try 23PED Beacons with a mate, they´re cheap and u can get some %.

-Always look out for huge, planet-wide events, I don´t mean that u participate in
those perse, for example WOF, lots of things are expensive then, buy ur stuff before wof starts.

-Robot event, check what bots don´t loot, what could lack, that would raise in MU that time, you can start hunting before the event even starts and then u´re the first one selling the biggest amount and for a better markup than everyone else

(And check what bots often loot, so u can sell it before, at least if u dont wanna wait till it´s over, I sold all my gazz before the event started)

I think that´s the wrong way, they should remove all weapons, all armors, everything from loot except stackables and adjust crafting so hunting loot is way more required.

To tell the truth, all those ul-items are poison for a mediocre economy like EU.

It´s not fun but that´s the price if u wanna have ok-average markup after a run.

removing all items would create monopoly's, think we've seen enough of those

thanks for all the tips.

here's my problem

I'm not a noob. I just like to hunt argonauts. And I normally would deposit around 400 ped a month to hunt them. Is that a crime? Do I need to do scientific research in order to play a game?

I technically can hunt spiders and bigger mobs. I could buy bigger armour and bigger guns. But that's hard with 400 ped a month. And I liked my budget mobs. In the end, Mindark would get my 400 ped because I don't break even anyway.
But now argo isn't a budget mob anymore. It's a ped drainer. I do not hunt ped draining mobs, because I want value for money (=playing time) in my hunting.

Argonaut wasn't always my favorite mob. Ppl from the old days used to call me "the molisk man"
that is, until Mindark decided to add regen to it. I stopped hunting them when they did.

There is one mob left for me without regen but with some markup in the items. I may decide to hunt that, or call it quits. And with quits I mean chipping out, selling all my gear and buy a shitload of cld's with it and withdraw peds whenever I have 1000 ped.

thanks for all the tips.

here's my problem

I'm not a noob. I just like to hunt argonauts. And I normally would deposit around 400 ped a month to hunt them. Is that a crime? Do I need to do scientific research in order to play a game?

I technically can hunt spiders and bigger mobs. I could buy bigger armour and bigger guns. But that's hard with 400 ped a month. And I liked my budget mobs. In the end, Mindark would get my 400 ped because I don't break even anyway.
But now argo isn't a budget mob anymore. It's a ped drainer. I do not hunt ped draining mobs, because I want value for money (=playing time) in my hunting.

Argonaut wasn't always my favorite mob. Ppl from the old days used to call me "the molisk man"
that is, until Mindark decided to add regen to it. I stopped hunting them when they did.

There is one mob left for me without regen but with some markup in the items. I may decide to hunt that, or call it quits. And with quits I mean chipping out, selling all my gear and buy a shitload of cld's with it and withdraw peds whenever I have 1000 ped.

:confused::girl:

thanks for all the tips.

here's my problem

Yeah, I agree it´s rly bad for passionate argo&drone hunters, they´re gonna nerf Calypso again and again till it becomes a ordinary planet-partner like all others and we finally spread in the universe, that´s their goal, also MA-stated somewhere.
:confused:

http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Material&name=Animal_Oil_Residue

Its rly common and even lows can hunt those mobs, there arent any real offers left, if u are atm online in EU then take a look, auction section.
:)

:eyecrazy: and who is going to buy animal oil residue at 120% when you can buy other residues?
and btw most of it comes from crafting i would say not hunting

Exactly, Hard or never sellable for that much,
I usually save that oil, and its a pain to sell most of the time

Again, das is right, Oil market is too dynamic to trust on,
not like the minerals.

Hunters have clear disavantages over miners, they need armor, gun/amp, laser/scop, armor, healing kit, TP Chip, and what we get is ... almost TT food.

Miners need the finder, extractor.... refiner?
And they get the markup... hmmm!

Yeah, I agree it´s rly bad for passionate argo&drone hunters, they´re gonna nerf Calypso again and again till it becomes a ordinary planet-partner like all others and we finally spread in the universe, that´s their goal, also MA-stated somewhere.
:confused:
Do you mean this? (if not, would be much appreciated if you could dig it up)

"To accomodate the increasing number of planets within Entropia Universe and to encourage the growth of local planetary economies, one area that will receive special attention in the coming months is space travel and interplanetary trade. Resources and materials will be rebalanced among the planets in order to enable each planet to develop a thriving and healthy local economy, while at the same time creating opportunities for participants to engage in commerce across multiple planets."
(State of the Universe Address 2012)

I kinda get the feeling it is more about helping other planets get things going rather than simply spreading people out. I just remember the vision at least used to be that each planet would have their own economy to as it sounded a somewhat far extent, getting in new users on their own rather than taking from existing planets and so on. Bit naive maybe, suppose it's impossible to maintain closed economies with items working on all planets for instance.

It's clear new planets need a kickstart however, be it due to lack of quality planet partners so far or simply that it is extremely hard creating a new economy from scratch like that having the so much more established Calypso that close by. Combination, maybe.

TO GET BACK SLIGHTLY MORE ON TOPIC; some good general advices in here that are always applicable. For those who have energy to care, that is. Many prefer not having to think too much, simply play for the relaxation or fun of it. Argos and Drones have been good no-brainers giving more bang for the buck for this kind of players, no doubt. I'm certain something similar will come up sooner or later though.

hunted trox, looted cb13... TTed

woot hunter life rox

damn there is no more MU on monster ???

back to the molisk

Yeah Una, thats the post, they may prepare EU for their gigantic advertisement and incoming new players, hopefully.

Did already someone check if RT mobs got the iron/gazz instead or another PP?sounds strange but who knows

I actually left Calypso last night for this very reason.

I did some miner bots, but firstly it is on taxed land, secondly one would need at least 5kped in hunting "buffer" for them, since you get 5-6 different types of ores, and to get big enough stacks (and to wait for the market to be ripe) 5k ped (10 hunting rounds for me since I do 500ped rounds is what would be minimum in my opinion). Still I like the mob so will return to them once I got the pedcard for them.

At the moment I am on Arkadia hunting Owekoes I think they are called, the hide has decent MU (hopefully someone buys them) and who knows I might win the lottery and get a UL knife.

Once the bot event is over I might return to miner bots (since atm even the tt spits out my standard bot loot)

But I agree with you, while it is sad to see a "beginner" mob being depleted of the main reason to hunt it, there are some other options, but most of them are not on Calypso.

Best of luck to all of you on your hunts, crafting and mining!

Regards

Fat Fóck Adam

here's my problem, I'm not a noob.

Yeah you are!! :laugh:

+rep to OP anyway, I'm none too sure those % are realistic, not by the time I get to auction anyway, the next stop being the tt because it's just not worth the time and effort :broke:

But you took the time to offer to advise, however idealistic it may be :dunno:

Back