To Armor Up or Not to Armor Up

Often times I see folks with armor on, they are killing mobs that seem to not quire armor yet there they are wearing armor. I personally wear armor very rarely; I utilize my mod restoration chip (which is very cheap to use) I skill bio and very rarely die. So the question here is: Is there really a need for armor other than for protection? Is there an added benefit outside of not needing to heal? And at times isn't better to heal to gain skills?

Looks cool.

Armour up so I don’t have to waste time healing and thus increasing active DPS and making more of loot waves which returns more MU.

At nearly 500k skillpoints, 323 HP and 62 evader I find a cheap tier 5 Phantom set to be very effective, with hallo22+easter23 and 2% ls from mayhem amps I can easily hunt plenty of higher level mobs without using heals at all. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the Responses,
I understand the need to not heal and that some armors have buffs but armor also has decay and increases cost. Healing ones self give beneficial skills and as long as you are not having to heal excessively would you not want those skills? I am having a hard time justifying armor uses outside of bigger mobs that would require it to survive. I guess the question I am trying to answer is whether there is a benefit when there is no need?

Thanks for the Responses,
I understand the need to not heal and that some armors have buffs but armor also has decay and increases cost. Healing ones self give beneficial skills and as long as you are not having to heal excessively would you not want those skills? I am having a hard time justifying armor uses outside of bigger mobs that would require it to survive. I guess the question I am trying to answer is whether there is a benefit when there is no need?

Probably not mate, if its not needed just take it off, your dpp will probably be better or if I'm not mistaking armor decay you get back anyways? I'm no expert, just going by what I keep hearing from people. Then if you do get armor decay back, it would make the argument of taking it off moot because if it does not go in to your dpp calcs so either way I think its safe to say on, or off it really doesnt matter. If any other more experienced players wanna weigh in and correct me, feel free to do so. As I mentioned, I'm not an expert.

according to 2017 MA official statement "now armor decay is returned in large part" so... not 100% contributing to 2.0 seed value for randomizer.
so...
naked is best,
best armor is evader,
best sustain is x22+summer20 (free healing after initial fixed cost), no pause to heal.
that said, and being evader 25 level above monster, there comes a problem....
SINGLE HIT AMPLITUDE
as monster damage level rise, some armor is needed.
viceroy, ghost, phantom, imp imperium with some plates are usually ok for most
above that it starts the specialized armor imho

I for one like having it on because I can tier it up too, I pushed a set of liakon to tier 7.35ish before I sold it. I'm gonna try my phantom until tier 7 again. Just for the fun. 😁

Thanks Again for the Responses,
I am using a modified restoration chip which gives me a quick 150-160 heals plus 30-36 heals for 30 secs which pretty much takes care of most mobs lvl 0-50 without armor and incredibly cheap (cost about 2 ped per 1000ped run). The problem I have with armor is that it blocks most attacks and then I feel like I am wasting most heals from chip. Not ready to start tiering up armor quite yet being that I am still trying to get my weapon up.
I ask the question for two reasons: 1) I hear players talking about modifiers and that armor acts as a modifier for loot. 2) I see folks using armor when I know that they are not really needing too.

Just do what you feel comfortable with mate, yes it might not be good or it might be hell knows. Enjoy the game, learn and shoot for some fun. Gl to you.

When doing e.g a daily mission with not that many mobs to kill I'm too lazy to take armor off. :D
When I need to repair clothes same thing I keep wearing armor instead. :)

Use armor for whatever Hits hard
Dont use armor for what ever you outheal

Its actualy easy

I use panelon spec t 5/6 + plates for exotics or defboost, most underrated ul armor imo.

I also use armor on like everything,because why not

Last edited:
i will usually take pieces off if i'm fighting weaker things. my rule of thumb is "if nothing is getting through, i'm wearing too much". regen is free healing i'm wasting if i'm taking no damage at all. so i may take off the mask or the gloves or something until i start taking a little damage, find equilibrium, then let it ride

Back