To deposit or not to deposit..

plz, all depositing whiners (yes let me use the word myself), no this is not adressed to the depositors who can live with nondepositors.

Dont hesitate to keep your believes, its clear to me most anti nondepositors need to take a hike and go complain at MA's door.
They are the ones responsible for the non depositors.
MA says its possible if your smart and they set the rules, not you haters.
Keep up the positiv news.
I'll just keep it at ancient "wheel of fortune" then if you really feel offended by the c*s*n* word. You really want to deny that most part of entropia is?
Yes there are other parts aswell, i do know that.
Its like the hate for resellers, boy do you hate those moneystealing bastards, dont you?
Anybody that aint depositing like you is a crook?
Then all i can say is sell your goods at TT or auction(maybe not cause MA steals a ped) and never even try to sell at a market to get a better price either. This is just as faul and against the system aswell. Oh yeah, and stay out of real life shops, those begars make money with reselling too.

edit: i think it was yoda who said something like fear (of loss) leads to hate...

Greetings to all loving people

I just had the first good time in entropia tonight, THX to my society PECompany. was about time :)

Last edited:
Just a game, no matter what MA calls it. Deposit only if you want to, not because you need to or someone else tells you to.

Some people can play without depositing, heck, anyone who doesn't mine, hunt, or craft also doesn't need to use peds. If you don't need to do any of that to have fun, then heck don't deposit.

For most though, depositng is necessary to pursue some favorite activity and they do so happily (or at least willingly)

Just try not to become addicted and never deposit for the purspose of winning back losses.

Alright well I recently started the game (about 4 days ago) and have not deposited yet, and do not plan on depositing at all, just because I like a challenge and I have the patience. I have been sweating my ass off and began some mining today and like it.

I have met plenty of other people who have never deposited once and are doing really well, and Im not doing too bad either (just buying those damn survey probes is a bitch).

I have also NEVER resorted to begging for ANYTHING and if anyone wants to give me crap, I always offer something in return. I dont want to be like those other newbs who join and instantly begin asking for free peds/weapons/armor because they're damn lazy to work for their things.

See you on PE... :)

lol, look at Hiero, he never deposited... :D

Personally, I never deposited myself, but mainly for credit card problems ^^
And yes, it is possible to raise some stuff even with 0PED start out ;)

Have about 1K ped inventory value, and I dont camp twin peaks reselling minerals all day lol :silly2:

( I never deposited and i didnt join PE when it was beta or dunno what , when modfaps and modmercs were TTed, and i never looted any GREAT item)

The most important is to believe in you (Chuck Norris)

Hieronyme said:
( I never deposited and i didnt join PE when it was beta or dunno what , when modfaps and modmercs were TTed, and i never looted any GREAT item)

The most important is to believe in you (Chuck Norris)

cheers and amen m8! we rule :beerchug:

Hello,

In response to thread starter, whether to deposit or not, I'd say - deposit!:D

Sure, some players pump in EU amounts of money, that would let you play all availiable PtP MMOs on the market, but on the other hand - does any of those other games offer you the "money game" aspect, what EU is really all about?

EU can be played quite cheaply too, believe it or not, although the average cost will be higher, compared to other MMOs.
Your success in EU will depend on your ability to handle your availiable assets.

And also EU is going to be for you, what you are going to make out of it! ;)

Well, for the sake of statistics, we have 2 groups:

- depositers
- non-depositers

I won't insist in an analisys about depositers, which varies from "wtf I am doing wrong"-dude with anything from 500$ to k's of $ to "mummy gave me 5k$ for chwing gum"-dude.

I want to attract attention to non-depositers, to vanish some myth.

REAL non-depositers is an extremely thin category, maybe a dozen of players.
By real non-depositers I understand ppl who started after gold, as time, and who met usually an exceptional luck (be it 3k of gazzurdite in second day of play or some angel arms from a molisk, etc).

What kind of non-depositers I DON"T consider "real" (and these are usually the modern "non-depositers ubers"):

- ppl who started when mm, modfap, shadow, imk2, etc, were not only a myth loot
- ppl who got very nice help in beggining (example: newbie A is helped by dude B with a modfap. newbie A stays and farms dodge, sells, do again, etc).

And, of course, a completely separate cathegory are the traders. Which are my conclusions?

1. Don't believe anybody saying "I'm a non-depositer" :)
2. Don't get envy about non-depositers, you can't know in what circumstances they evolved.
3. "Real" non-depositer is a matter of exception.

Those being said, a starting deposit of 100$, a good mentor and a bit of luck can keep you going for years. If that bit of luck is missing, maybe some suplimentar deposit of 100$ once every 4-5 month or so.

/Regards,

K,

who deposited >2k$ until understood what dmg/pec means.

P.S.: Stormer, are u sure u didn't deposited?

e-lite said:
HunterZ I dont know personaly, But stormer is an IRL friend. Below 300$ ? Not a chanse..

For conformity: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=106243&postcount=16

Last edited:
jeh ofc im sure

I started play PE 2004 Mars, with sweating and some oilrig after that, then bought axes and rascal and axed half a year and then quitted in 2004 August (sold all and took out all peds)

By some reason i started all over again Mars 2005 after a long break of PE with 16pec left on card and no skills, oh and i rascal mask that hally gaved me in 2004 that i forgot to sell when i quitted, this time Moser helped me out with ledning me 2 axe 1x0 and 50ped as start-up-kit, i think Hally or Moser lended me a set of pixie also cant remember, but i know i got GSI first day and they went for 135 peds at that time, and well....rest is history ;)

thx to Moser and Hally, u rules! :beerchug:

Back