To LA owners doing HSL events

Sub-Zero

Elite
Society
Classified
Sub-Zero The Killer
I normally don't participate in HSL events. But when I hear about a single person (won't name him) for months winning almost every event, it makes me not even want to participate anymore. I think It can be off putting and demotivating for people to participate if they know they have minuscule chance to get top prize unless they running T10 swine deluxe. The loot 2.0 system kinda makes HSL events more like MSL events nowadays.

The most common HSL event setup in general doesn't make sense to me. The one with highest loot in most cases already got profit in the event. So why must he/she gain the top prize too?

If I ever acquire an LA in the future and make HSL events I'd make top 2 the top prize top 1 lowest price and top 3 the 2nd highest prize.
For 3 reasons:
1. The 2nd place as best prize will motivate more people to join the event since it seems more doable than top 1 (increased potential revenue).
2. The usual winner won't always win HSL. (again more potential players will join so more revenue).
3. The HSL top 1 player will still get some extra ped.

I would personally participate more often in HSL if the prizes were set in above manner.

Just my two free pecs.

The problem is the severely limiting ingame event system. Most Loot events tend to be won by the same two or three people as well, as they can just roll in with top DPS and usually take the cake. HSL is the event format which gives the best chance to the most people. The system needs to be revamped - but I've sold off all my LAs after completely losing faith in MindArk's give-a-f*ck about working with investors rather than pump-and-dumping - so I don't have a monkey in that fight anymore.
#SaltyOldGeezer

Events have always been problematic in EU. They almost never pay off for the creator. Doing a reverse top 3 Prize has already been done, multiple times. It leads to people stopping from hunting. Event starts, someone gets a 120 ped global, they will stop to see what the others do. Next 2 people get 50 ped globals, both of them stop as well. They'll hunt again when the top 3 changes.

The best solution i can think of is to make all 3 prizes equal. Prizes for 4th to 10 th place have also been tried, with various degree of success.

The biggest problem is return for the owner. Event creation costs 50 ped plus 25 ped for every half on hour of actual event time (if I remember it right).

So you do a free event on a 5% Tax LA. 1 hour, 50 ped for place 1 to 3. So 250 ped total event cost. That means your hunters need to loot 5000 ped tt to cover your event. Average Joe cycles 300 ped/hour? You need 16 people shooting non-stop to cover your basic event. Sure, you can argue events are good advertisement for your land...they aren't. Created a few hundred events on more than 12 lands, after the event everyone gets the hell out of there. Regular hunter don't come to events, they want to grind in peace. Best advertisement is just letting people know what you have on your land.

What does that mean for events? Not really worth creating. The events that are still up and running are meant to attract attention to other types of events running simultaneously on that land, or to get people to know about the existence of new mobs on an old LA.

Yeah something needs to be done. I'm not a frequent event hunter, mainly because the same person (most probably the person Sub is referring to) is taking it home 90% of the time.. join every now and then, until i ser that same person joining and I know i have no chance of winning.

Nail on the head/in the coffin right there.

Pretty much what both wrote... It's not as simple as people make it out to be. Specialy the people who ask for stuff from Land Area owners, are usually the ones who skip whatever they asked for. Events like that are very simple to plan, and have a very predictable outcome once you know how the generalized hunter thinks.

Main deterrent is the game's developer that doesn't feel like improving upon their systems, and instead prefers to listen to "influencers" and get diverted into "new shiny rocks" everytime.

The fact the best events that have happened on LA's require third party software and websites is a big evidence that something is wrong with the Land Area Management, specificaly Inbuilt event system.

In the end though, LA owners come and go, players come and go, and those who stick around like us tend to keep paying the bill, even though we all agree no effort is being done to improve the game as a whole. It's not just Land Areas, it's a whole broad of systems that need looking into.

To make it more random it would be nice to make specific amounts wanted. Like 1st place closest to 137ped, 2nd place closest to 420ped, 3rd place closest to 69ped. But I guess this is not possible without event leader looking thru and giving awards personally!?

Yeah don't need to name the individual, I think everyone knows. It is rather silly that someone can win both HSL and most loot events for hunting with a 0 eff weapon. Kind of absurd, I would participate in events if it was something like as explained above. Events as of right now though seem pretty pointless.

I tend to think the opposite. Personally, I can beat the unnamed person and have a number of times, what did I get for beating the unnamed person? SHAFTED. I got screwed out of prize money because I beat this person.

That makes me not want to come back. I am good friends with the person who runs the second place big prize method but if I wasn't, I wouldn't come back. Why would I invest more into playing a certain LA when, when it comes to event time, I am actually trying NOT to win. Trying NOT to win is no fun and contraverts the reason I spent so much damned time and money on high end equipment and skilling.

Makes no sense to me.

Maybe MA should create a way to exclude people or limit skills or weapon DPS.

At the end of the day it comes down to this....

The LA event system was designed for the 'Loot 1.0' system...

The loot system has been revamped and this 'Loot 2.0' system reflect cost in --> cost out.... This in turn pennalizes higher eff/dpp weapons, thus makes it less rewarding to hunt on LAs for ALL events.

Until MA revamps the event system, it will always be where loot 2.0 weapons/higher eff/dpp weapons are at a disadvantage when it comes time to winning rewards.

I don't see where it should be a big deal. If people pay 200k so they can have the best "loot 2.0" weapon, they can easily afford to buy a swine deluxe and tier it.

I wont lose any sleep over them not being able to win with their golden guns.

I don't do events, learned that lesson years ago. Always a cheater of some sort around, and MA does nothing unless it directly affects them.

I don't see where it should be a big deal. If people pay 200k so they can have the best "loot 2.0" weapon, they can easily afford to buy a swine deluxe and tier it.

I don't do events, learned that lesson years ago. Always a cheater of some sort around, and MA does nothing unless it directly affects them.

The problem is the simplicity of the event system. It's not dynamic at all.

There are a lot of ignorant things said on these forums....This is up there on that list.

The value of an individuals weapon does not matter and is irrelevant to this conversation.
The problem is the way loot is awarded in conjunction to the way the event system is designed (based off MA's outdated system) that causes the issue.

Land Area owners hands are tied because the only way they are able to rewards 'grinders' is based on the amount of globals that have been generated on their LA.

Globals no longer directly correlated to overall ped cycled, rather (essential/for the sake of simplicity) how much ped was inputed into the individual creature.

Last edited:
I would redirect this issue to mindark to hire a competent programmer to solve these issues, but ...its mindark, until they sell this to a company capable of supporting this game, they likely would just screw something else up trying to fix it.

At the end of the day it comes down to this....

The LA event system was designed for the 'Loot 1.0' system...

The loot system has been revamped and this 'Loot 2.0' system reflect cost in --> cost out.... This in turn pennalizes higher eff/dpp weapons, thus makes it less rewarding to hunt on LAs for ALL events.

Until MA revamps the event system, it will always be where loot 2.0 weapons/higher eff/dpp weapons are at a disadvantage when it comes time to winning rewards.

Well said, this is reason I purposely avoid high eco and high eff weapons and equipment. It has made my hits bigger.

I almost stopped doing this events because of the lack of fun anymore, samer person with the same setup running around jumping between the events and winning them all because of how the events are set up.
So as subzero said, reverse the order of the winners, maybe dont have any price at all for the 1st place. And just have prizes for 2:nd and 3:rd places.

Back