Trading between auction houses with friends?

AckerZ

Old Alpha
Society
Dirty Dingos
Anonymous AckerZ Anonymous
After reading the recent thread of the player that was banned I started to think about the rules on AU.

Are friends in game allowed to buy from other planet auctions to sell on caly. Say I'm on toulan and I have 1000ped of oils that won't sell on there could a friend on calypso purchase from the toulan auction transfer it over for 2ped and resell on caly? Is that against the rules, it's not inflating the MU artificially or manipulating a market it's just moving stuff from one auction house to another, I'd be surprised if that wasn't allowed?

The banned people usually fail to provide to support the RL photo IDs of their countless cousins and aunts they trade with, after those attract MA's attention with suspicious trades. I see same people manipulating prices for years, they just don't go full retard with ignoring EULA.

Btw it won't be 2 ped, it depends on the weight. For stackables it's flat 2 ped until 60kg then weight/30 or weight/10.

You surely cannot be expected to be able to supply RL photo IDs, or indeed any personal info, about people you claim to be other than yourself. Maybe your wording was not as intended. Perhaps you mean: countless cousins and aunts didn't send in their IDs (for whatever reason).
I dislike the whole "one avatar" only policy anyway, as some people surely already "manage" the accounts of real relatives as it is, let alone full-blown alts...

for all the critical views of MA, I'm sure they have some easy secondary ways they consider accounts being alts or not, like does the supposed relative ever deposit? if they do, are they depositing with a credit card in their name? when they log in are they logging in on the same ip address as other relatives? Because if it were me trying to understand if an account is an alt or an actual relative, those are the tests I would use... Easy to make an account in a relatives name, a bit harder to use their credit card, of course not impossible, and if you make alts its a pain to log them in on different ip addresses... Sure people can cover their tracks, but most with alts won't bother to use the relatives actual credit card to deposit and make sure they are logging in under different Ip addresses.....

Until Dark Templar crafters can supply ID for all those 28 alt accounts, everything goes :sneaky:

You surely cannot be expected to be able to supply RL photo IDs, or indeed any personal info, about people you claim to be other than yourself. Maybe your wording was not as intended. Perhaps you mean: countless cousins and aunts didn't send in their IDs (for whatever reason).
I dislike the whole "one avatar" only policy anyway, as some people surely already "manage" the accounts of real relatives as it is, let alone full-blown alts...
I think the implication would be that said relatives would be completely unaware they have an Entropia account ;)

RE the example above, the costs would out weigh the benefits. Auction fee on both sides plus weighted transport fee would make it more expensive than a warp.

Ask support and see what they say. :) Since you can put something up on one planet AH and if it doesn't sell its ok to
move it to another planet if you pay the fee, so would be odd if a friend can't buy your stuff and sell as long as nothing shady
going on,

This gets into very very murky territory of market manipulation. I'm 99.9% sure it is not allowed if coordinated.

If you are “transferring” items at ridiculous markups or even higher than market value, then yes, that would be considered market manipulation.

Even at regular MUs, you are still introducing MUs into market data as well as volume that is not real.

Even at regular MUs, you are still introducing MUs into market data as well as volume that is not real.

That is true too

On the other hand that or even worse are what resellers do when they buy something and resell it for a higher price, and that is allowed. ;)

I see this all day long.. recently on danium and soething im shopping for green cassettes... 2 days ago same 2 people trade 2pec worth of green cassettes at 1,000,000%mu. which being alow volume item cranked the mu for the day/week/month/year and decade and continue to try and sell the stuff at 3x what the mu has always been. this is how they do it.

Thankfully on something low volume its very noticeable n people pay no attn to it but on something like lyst... people dont notice a couple% here n there now do they

Last edited by a moderator:
hmmm....

index.php

This gets into very very murky territory of market manipulation. I'm 99.9% sure it is not allowed if coordinated.

Manipulation of any kind is not allowed.

I still think Compet Deeds are being used for manipulation of some kind as noted here: https://www.entropialoot.com/Chart.aspx?id=10

No rhyme or reason for them to even be bought or sold.

Back