• I don't like pets so why would I be?

Votes: 9 23.7%

• Total voters

OZtwo

Stalker
Society
Vikings Of Entropia
Kent OZtwo OpaloMan
Just interested now that we are learning more and more about Compets and that there seems to be less link between the new game and EU the question has to be asked:

How many of you have been training your pets for compets?

Edit: yes yes NOT*

Never saw any connection between the two games, aprt that both are freemium and RCE. Oh and ofc promised connection for the stable owners. But none for the pets themselves. I answered the poll, but thh i dont see the point of it, as there is no connection between pets in two games.

/Soko

Maybe the question should be, how many of you have been training your pets for battles.

I've been training my pets on the basis there is likely to be battles in EU at some stage, (the death animation, must be for a reason), with the added possibility of a connection with compet.

I suspect compet pets are not fed like EU pets, so there might have been a crossover problem MA were unhappy with. It would be unfair to skill a pet in compet for free and bring it to EU where players spent $100's+ to skill them here.

That said the portal platform was probably not even on the drawing board, so it was easier for MA to say 'no crossover' right now.

There really is a ton of scope for EU pets, even sending them in to kill EU creatures, rather than shooting. Training them for assault courses,...anything just give them something to bloody do.

I'm looking forward to a new start in compet, even if it's starting all over again. What's done is done, I will personally leave my EU pets until there's activities for them...it's not a total waste.

I think the EU pets are great, MA put a ton of work in them, although my patience is running out now. I think pets came back around October 2014, so the next stage of "fun" is well overdue.

In a nutshell pet trainers are bored.

Rick

I felt that MA was clear from the beginning in various posts that you would not be allowed to move your account or your pets between games.

The question is will these pets come to be of any use in EU, or only to raise it up then try to sell to/through a stable to compets players.

They have flatly stated that stables will be able to sell pets into compets, but haven't seen anything to indicate if it's like an auction house (players can use the service) or only for stable owners to use.

If only stable owners can place pets in for sale, then only the ones who have time/interest to act as pet brokers will make a channel for regular users to sell their pets.

If it's like an auction house where players in EU can put their pets for sale to compets players, it will be interesting. Not sure what sort of market there will be but watching that one-way market develop may be something new to gaming, IMO. I suppose technically Compets will be MMO although the only interaction will be in battle from the sound of it.

I'm not sure of a case where you have been able to find/develop resources in one game, than sell those resources (pets in this case) to players of a completely different game.

In any case I'm not raising pets for compets at this time it doesn't make sense for me.

What will be available in Compets and/or PE is blury for me right now, I am just training my pets for skills and xp to be ready for whatever comes.

I felt that MA was clear from the beginning in various posts that you would not be allowed to move your account or your pets between games.
I'm not sure of a case where you have been able to find/develop resources in one game, than sell those resources (pets in this case) to players of a completely different game.

Your second point is true but when MA first started talking about the idea of it they had planned on making the two games link up giving an over view of how one could train the pets and with the use of the stables sell them to the ComPet players. But yes soon after when MA found this couldn't be done easily they did bring it up here and there as an after thought.

(and yes I know, we are talking MA here.)

The point being since compets no longer really has a link to EU that means that MA is spending the needed money for EU on other projects. And hate to say it but if Compets fails and MA can't pay back the development costs that will have a big impact on EU.

It will be kind of sad to learn that MA introduced pets again not for EU but to advertise compets which sad to say is looking more that way -- mind you we do have Compet mobs as pets in game.

The point being since compets no longer really has a link to EU that means that MA is spending the needed money for EU on other projects. And hate to say it but if Compets fails and MA can't pay back the development costs that will have a big impact on EU.

That won't be problem two million dollars of deeds will cover that, and virgin deeds (first sale) can only be bought from the web shop now.

If they can't build a game for two million dollars, they don't deserve to be in business, and even if 50% of them still to be sold, sales will pick up when it goes live.

Rick

Investors buying compet deeds have taken care of that. There is no promise of return. They simply drew out how they plan to pay return IF there is profit. If there is not, then investors will just have spent money on a bad investment.

EDIT: Damnit :lolup:

wow the forum is full derp derp.

I'm training my pets for fun and for what they offering now (buffs) and maybe any addition abilities will come in the future (attacking - defensive etc). Nowhewre in my mind is to send 'em to ComPet.
Voted No

I'm taming various pets atm, my primary goal is to to get my Daikiba strong to level 25 currently level 13, it's proving very expensive.

I think when the scheduled for March 2016 beta test is released for all Compet deed holders we should have a better idea of the internal workings of the Compet game and it's potential.

From what I can understand, you cant train your pets for compets, because none of the training options is available.
And the pets you training right now, will not have compet skills until compets starts and you pay to skill them in stables.

Back