Traveling in space... what options are left?

Tilarium

Provider
If this isn't the right place to put this, I apologize, let me know and I'll delete and repost where it should be. My character is currently on Cyrene and would love to get back home to Calypso. I've got hundreds of stackables though that I'd like to get back safely. Was curious if there what transport companies, if any, are operating these days. I've used a few in the past but can only remember the name of Entropia Transport (because it's so simple and easy!) but they've been out of commission for years now. How save is space travel these days? I remember while flying there several years back (3-4?) that I got attacked and taken down twice.

Are there any alternatives? I wish they would bring back the ability to use the teleporters to travel between planets for whatever PED it cost, forgetting because it's been so long since that was an option! I'll happily pay the price, even if they upped it to like 10 PED each way. I used to bounce around plants.. I think it was just Caly, Rocktopia and maybe Arkadia.. all the time back then.

Nowadays space is very safe since they reduced by 80% lootable space.

But in the end it's your own responsibility.

You could pm me every night shortly before 20.00 ingame time and we include your flight request in our dynamic schedule - ticket fee 10ped standard ticket or lower - see website www.titans-of-space.de

You should join #space_travel the main entropia tranport channel where ToS and KISS run schedules each day as well as dozends of reliable alternate vip transport providers who offer their services throughout the day and night.

You may also check out the space section of pcf as well as the service section for other options.

Nowadays space is very safe since they reduced by 80% lootable space.

But in the end it's your own responsibility.

Is there a map that shows what is and isn't lootable space or does the in-game map show it? This must be pretty new (as in the past few years), I remember it being the other way around where the only safe space was the areas around the planets.

You could pm me every night shortly before 20.00 ingame time and we include your flight request in our dynamic schedule - ticket fee 10ped standard ticket or lower - see website www.titans-of-space.de

You should join #space_travel the main entropia tranport channel where ToS and KISS run schedules each day as well as dozends of reliable alternate vip transport providers who offer their services throughout the day and night.

You may also check out the space section of pcf as well as the service section for other options.

I might take you up on that offer.

Is there a map that shows what is and isn't lootable space or does the in-game map show it? This must be pretty new (as in the past few years), I remember it being the other way around where the only safe space was the areas around the planets.

There is no way of going from cyrene to calypso without crossing through lootable space - its basically all the planet near serverspace is non lootable so you can fly from station down to planet or fly to the local hunting grounds but if you get anywhere near the space server borders you will be in lootable.

Not afaik.
I suggest you give it a try empty loaded to see for yourself.

Map here - :)
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?310937-New-Space-Mob-Locations

Pirates camp the travel areas between the planets, wouldn't recommend flying in quad/vtol if you have any loot, plus warping is just a lot quicker :D

I perform vip warps only usually when the daily schedules aren't running for 20ped as well.. nearly 24/7 unless im passed out at the keyboard =p

If this isn't the right place to put this, I apologize, let me know and I'll delete and repost where it should be. My character is currently on Cyrene and would love to get back home to Calypso. I've got hundreds of stackables though that I'd like to get back safely. Was curious if there what transport companies, if any, are operating these days. I've used a few in the past but can only remember the name of Entropia Transport (because it's so simple and easy!) but they've been out of commission for years now. How save is space travel these days? I remember while flying there several years back (3-4?) that I got attacked and taken down twice.

Are there any alternatives? I wish they would bring back the ability to use the teleporters to travel between planets for whatever PED it cost, forgetting because it's been so long since that was an option! I'll happily pay the price, even if they upped it to like 10 PED each way. I used to bounce around plants.. I think it was just Caly, Rocktopia and maybe Arkadia.. all the time back then.

If you do decide to travel through space without a warp, just dont fly in a straight line to the destination, both horizontaly and verticaly, that's where the pirates are waiting in the trade lane. Strafe randomly in a slight direction and up or down the destination and youll be fine (the chance of being picked up by a pirate then is slim to none, unless you're super unlucky)

I fly quad for big stackable runs alot (+ own weight restricted warp and in space daily) and have not seen a pirate since the changes last year. I've seen 2 red triangles...who were leaving station as well and going on their way, but never a pirate.

It is just not worth it to wait in a small window of space for odds that likely wont happen. Nor is it worth following someone for 10 minutes thinking they are either wasting your time, not paying attention, or not worried about loot before you find out.

There is 2k m worth of z axis space, the odds there is a pirate waiting at the one small area you enter any area of PVP unless a direct line is incredibly small. And even then.... you just turn around if you see them and try later.

There is approx 6 minutes of pvp space for that whole flight to calypso in a quad if you hop the hunting zones (which most are not pvp)

As Lui says, overall its your responsibility and thee is I suppose some risk if you are'nt paying attention.

That said, The savings in anxiety and time saved for with warp is still very much worth it to many.

I fly quad for big stackable runs alot (+ own weight restricted warp and in space daily) and have not seen a pirate since the changes last year. I've seen 2 red triangles...who were leaving station as well and going on their way, but never a pirate.

It is just not worth it to wait in a small window of space for odds that likely wont happen. Nor is it worth following someone for 10 minutes thinking they are either wasting your time, not paying attention, or not worried about loot before you find out.

There is 2k m worth of z axis space, the odds there is a pirate waiting at the one small area you enter any area of PVP unless a direct line is incredibly small. And even then.... you just turn around if you see them and try later.

There is approx 6 minutes of pvp space for that whole flight to calypso in a quad if you hop the hunting zones (which most are not pvp)

As Lui says, overall its your responsibility and thee is I suppose some risk if you are'nt paying attention.

That said, The savings in anxiety and time saved for with warp is still very much worth it to many.

for the tldr people, its a lot safer to not use warps nowadays then ever, specialy after the recent changes :)

for the tldr people, its a lot safer to not use warps nowadays then ever, specialy after the recent changes :)

The biggest gain for pirates over the years has always been to operate in waves so travelers would get lazy and then hit them hard when they started to risk too much.
Way over a 100,000peds have been lootet in space from careless or unsuspecting travelers over the years and this is only accounting for those loots that pirates bragged about and which passengers admitted.

Sometimes you only need to be wrong once or get lag at the wrong time to be easy prey and pay to a pirate what could have bought warpflights for years.

Some like to live risky some like to live safe.

Whatever you do, please be carefull - especially when you move all or most of what you have.

The biggest gain for pirates over the years has always been to operate in waves so travelers would get lazy and then hit them hard when they started to risk too much.
Way over a 100,000peds have been lootet in space from careless or unsuspecting travelers over the years and this is only accounting for those loots that pirates bragged about and which passengers admitted.

Sometimes you only need to be wrong once or get lag at the wrong time to be easy prey and pay to a pirate what could have bought warpflights for years.

Some like to live risky some like to live safe.

Whatever you do, please be carefull - especially when you move all or most of what you have.

If you do decide to travel through space without a warp, just dont fly in a straight line to the destination, both horizontaly and verticaly, that's where the pirates are waiting in the trade lane. Strafe randomly in a slight direction and up or down the destination and youll be fine (the chance of being picked up by a pirate then is slim to none, unless you're super unlucky)

Can be proven by many people who have read this thread but cba to reply :D

• Wanna save time? Warp;
  • Dont feel like saving time?
If yes:
  1. Got stackables? Consider taking a warp from a VIP service or a scheduled flight;
  2. No stackables? Fly as instructed above;

Remember, less afk as possible = safest flight ever,
The more direction changes you make the harder anyone can track you in space.

doesn't the old auction trick still work... throw it all on auction where you are... leave it there, go to Calypso, or planet you want delivery to... pick it up there on the new planet, paying the brown coats for the small delivery fee.

But yes, space is boring. Traveled between a few planets with a full load of alpha cards and other stacks from time to time...

doesn't the old auction trick still work... throw it all on auction where you are... leave it there, go to Calypso, or planet you want delivery to... pick it up there on the new planet, paying the brown coats for the small delivery fee.

Delivery prices are weight proportional, so if the item you want to smuggle this way is super heavy, the delivery fee is super big, one good example is fertilizer or growth molecules, if youre on a planet other than calypso you can quickly see what i mean :)

This makes me wonder if making my knowledge of space travel public in a very detailed manner would force enough noise and withdraws in space to make MA do something...

so sick of waiting... oh well time to buy more skins in elite dangerous :p

Kronan Interplanetary Spaceship Services
(K.I.S.S)

You can fly yourself across space but you will have to cross lootable PVP whether in a quad, sleipnir or warp ship. Taking an indirect route and non-standard elevation does indeed reduce risk, but if a pirate finds you, quite honestly you are unlikely to survive and will in all probability be looted.
Taking a warp service (scheduled or VIP) increases your chances of getting there safely enormously. Many of the warp providers have invested to increase the structural integrity of their ships to help protect you, some services also operate with gunners and repair crew on board to defend the ship. Do however check the credentials of the services as some are more experienced than others and offer better protection. Most warp services monitor #space_travel and can be contacted there.
TOS Normandie and K.I.S.S offer daily scheduled warps throughout the year and for Monrian born and Monria residents there is also the Yamato service, as well as many other motherships and privateers offering VIP warps at all times of day and night. But please remember if a VIP operator is not at the planet you are on, you may have to pay for an additional warp for them to come get you. Equus and Firebird warps are great for speed but have no greater protection than a quad so not recommended for moving lootables.

K.I.S.S. offer daily scheduled warps at 10 ped. Please see the link below for further information.
http://kronan-ms.info/warp-schedule/

If you require pick up from Cyrene, Monria, Toulan, Next Island it is best to pm myself or that evenings spammer to arrange a pick-up so we can add it into our schedule for the evening. This should be done before we start warps if at all possible. The name of the spammer is posted on our webchat each evening http://kronan-ms.info/webchat/

For drop off at those planets please chat to our spammer to arrange the drop off when you book passage.
Please note that while our schedule shows all 'at requests' as operating after our visit to Rocktropia, we may squeeze them elsewhere to minimise customer wait times if time allows.

We also offerVIP warps using our privateers and equus at 20 ped (plus 15 ped for each additional warp if more than one is necessary), please contact us via the webchat to arrange passage, or ask in #space_travel and if we have a pilot available we will contact you.

I highly recommend the scheduled services offered by TOS and KISS, it's a good and valuable service to the community. As many have mentioned, if you need to go right away there are many providers. Quad Equus is a good option as it offers direct planet landings but it has weight restrictions. If you're heavy or trying to transport loot, take a MS or Privateer VIP warp. Feel free to check with us, or any of the others that have posted here. I don't think there is a "bad" space service currently... they're all reliable and good.

Back