Type of crafting machine... does it matter?

mazzy187

Dominant
Society
Peaceful Tourture (PT)
Methusela "Mazzy187" Mandrake
I was wondering if anybody knows... it doesn't seem to matter what machine I use when crafting. An armor machine seems to make mechanical stuff fine, or any other combination.

My question is thus... is there any advantage to using the "designated" machine?

Increased chance of success?

I don't think it matters...

... then agian, I'm a crazy person. :tongue2:

i don't think it matters either. granted i am not an expert crafter. i didn't even know you could use any machine until i tried one night by accident. didn't change my results though. definitely didn't change my CoS.

if it did benefit you somehow, that would be the best kept secret on Calypso.

Silo said:
if it did benefit you somehow, that would be the best kept secret on Calypso.
:( i dont follow... enligten me, o wise one??

It's probably a bug, but do you really want to report it? ;)

Minder said:
It's probably a bug, but do you really want to report it? ;)

15. Rules of Conduct
n. You must report errors and bugs to MindArk whenever you discover them. Neglecting to report errors or bugs, or using bugs or ‘exploits’ for own benefits may result in a termination of your Avatar account, including its virtual items, funds, and abilities.

report all bug is the rule and it's important to help MA ... hum the beta test is finish ... sorry :banghead:

This came into being at about VU 5.4, before that you did need to use the correct type of machine.

MA know's about it because I've mentioned it, and I'm sure other have.

My guess is that they removed the 'locks' on the crafting machines for lag reasons, or possibly it happened when personal crafting terminals came in - they can craft any item, and its possible that instead of making a new item definition for this, they just made all crafting devices generic.

Well, it "doesnt" make a difference which machine you use. In the same way that you "dont have to" walk 3 in a circle around the corpse before you loot it. :silly:

The good ones are:
The one (weapon I think) at Omegaton West Habitat, Amethera
The tailoring machine in the Storage-SC in Troy.

(Now you dont know if you should trust me, because if they're really better than all the other machines, why am I telling you? Maybe Im just a really nice girl. Or maybe those are the bad ones. :cool: )

I use to craft on the auctioneer.... I don't know if you still can or not though heh

I remeber some discussion about the use of any crafting machine and that is equal chanse etc...

The comment from marco was like "That is what you think".

The comment does not say anything, but made me paranoid enough to search up a machine according to what I want to craft :rolleyes:

I noticed this a few weeks back and for me it was enough just to double click the BP. I made basic filters while hunting :umn: I dont know if it still works thou, as a :newbie: I decided to craft at the right terminal incase the skills wouldnt rise as they should.

Zasz said:
:( i dont follow... enligten me, o wise one??

i was commenting on the fact that if using a different type of machine to craft something other than what it was made for, such as making guns at an armor machine, actually helped out...it was a very well kept secret because i haven't seen a thread about it.

So, this is interesting, some people belive that not the type of machine, but the physical location that has some sort of influence on crafting? I've heard this theroy before (ex- "don't use the machines in medusa, they suck ass!"...etc.)
Anyone else have a "lucky" machine?

I know Zeus was the primrary crafters hangout - as it was far, far away and not many disturbing newbies came there. Then the aucioneer moved in and MA installed a boxing ring...

I allso remember hearing, long long long ago, two crafters talking in Twin Peaks. They both aggreed that their best result had been just there, in Twin, when skillcrafting(crafting fro TT value and not market value ;) ).

Then again that was allso before Twin got multiple auctioneers, no bar(right?.. cant remember) and the shop container was placed where the bar is today(I belive) :wise:

Edit: Even though I never ever craft I still have my crafting machine out there - and I'm not telling where it is :tongue2:

Well here's the thing... It doesn't even use the machines so it doesnt matter which one you use.. I know this sounds wierd but try standing in twins anywhere inside. Open your inventory and double click on a bp in your book.

I think that the machines are just pretty graphics and what really happens is MA designates crafting areas..

i dont think that the machine matters. Maybe some crafters are superstitious ?

Primax said:
Well here's the thing... It doesn't even use the machines so it doesnt matter which one you use.. I know this sounds wierd but try standing in twins anywhere inside. Open your inventory and double click on a bp in your book.

I think that the machines are just pretty graphics and what really happens is MA designates crafting areas..

You can stand near a crafting machine and open your BP-book thu inventory and start crafting that way, right clicking a machine is just easier :cool:

Back