ugggghhh VOICECHAT crap - help plz

greenhell

Mature
I deposit 10 bucks today ... at the end of the transaction a check box comes up to confirm a subscription to some voice chat service.

COUPLA THINGS HERE - yeah I'm a little twictchy, just got done with my morning coffee ...

first - MA or whoever - dont put a subscription verification box at the end of a financial transaction - THANKS. I really feel pissed off about this ... kinda reacted by accident to w/e this 'service' is ... thinking it was part of the transaction of getting my 20 bucks into my avatar.
Second - this is directed to w/else is reading this - what exactly is the 'service' provided, what am I paying for it and how do I immediately turn it off. Any link to some info page or w/e, any info would be appreciated.

Thanks much all

ps - edited for CUSS WORDS and early moring CRANKINESS

regards
GH

Last edited:
What it said was that after your deposit you are now allowed to use the voice chat system IF YOU WANT. You don't have to turn anything off if you don't want to use it. You have not signed up on using the system or paying anything for it IF YOU DON'T WANT.

You might have gotten one month of voice chat for free, not sure if that offer still stands though.

In short - calm down, take it easy. And read messageboxes before closing them.

Last edited:
I wish I had time to read it !!!

I thought it was part of the confirmation of funds going into my avatar - like I said - and putting it there at the end of a series of clicks to confirm a financial transaction is just greasy.

I also distinctly saw the term 'subscribe to this service' in the message. If it doesnt cost anything ... and my avatar wont be taxed or my bank account wont recieve some mystery charge ...

Why do I have to confirm it in the first place and why do I have to 'subscribe' to it ?

Either way ty for reply I guess, anyone have any more knowledge regarding this before I have to dig it up on-line somewhere ?

thanks all
GH

The deposit opens up the possibility to use the voice chat service, or "start a subscription" if you wish, hence the notification at the end of the deposit. No PED will be drawn from your account, the voice chat has its own PED account which you manually have to transfer funds to if you want to use it.

It's one month free for the deposit (I think it still is that way), if you want to use it more than one month you will have to pay yourself. I think it's 10 PED/month, so no big money.

But again: You will not pay one single PED unless you want to (and then you have to transfer that PED manually).

Ah ok thanks Fred ! I edited for early morning AGGRO and general PANIC!

thanks again

GH

Not sure if this helps, but try:

Press 'J' (open Friends Menu)

Next to 'Search' on far right of box >>> Click the headset 'Open Communicator'

This will open the Voice Chat service and will show your balance. If say 0.00 you ok.

There might be easier way to get to 'Communicator Menu'.

Totaly understand OPs frustration
What pises me of is that, the msg pops out everytime i make a deposit, realy MA these aggressive tactics of advertizing VC u r using, not nice i tell ya.

Why must I click that damm NO button like 3 times a week?

Is the amount automaticly deducted after the free trail?

You always have to manually transfer PED from your PED Card to the Voice Chat account if you want to use the service. After the trial, that is.

You always have to manually transfer PED from your PED Card to the Voice Chat account if you want to use the service. After the trial, that is.

I dont know where, but i think i read it somewhere once(if it wasnt in this particular window even :scratch2:), that peds are automaticly deducted, but good to hear thats not the case.

still that window is annoying

Totaly understand OPs frustration
What pises me of is that, the msg pops out everytime i make a deposit, realy MA these aggressive tactics of advertizing VC u r using, not nice i tell ya.

Why must I click that damm NO button like 3 times a week?

Is the amount automaticly deducted after the free trail?

Why don't just click yes and get rid of it? Is this not only a queastion if you accept the condition of the voicechat, not that you accept to pay for it? Don't rember exactly, but everyone got this when it was new.

I dont know where, but i think i read it somewhere once(if it wasnt in this particular window even :scratch2:), that peds are automaticly deducted, but good to hear thats not the case.

still that window is annoying

If you transfer funds from the PED card to the Voice Chat account, the monthly fee will be automatically deducted from that account. Not from the PED card. If you haven't transferred any PED to this account, no PED will be deducted.

And yes, the accept thing is only about the rules of voice chat. You don't have to use it.

I just had to get this clear.

By selecting the "I accept" check box you hereby agree to subscribe to the voice communication service available to all Entropia Universe's participants ("Voice Communication Services"), and certify that you have read, understood and agree to enter into an agreement with MindArk and other third party service provider in accordance to the terms and conditions available here: http://legal.entropiauniverse.com/legal/terms-of-use-voicecom.xml

so, as i stated in my first post such kind of aggressive advertising is a no go in my book.
I do not agree to terms of something I do not intend to use, and find it very annoying to be asked this shit every single time i make a deposit.

Well maybe it`s kind of like how they changed it so that whenever you right click on the screen to get say missions info the first thing on the list is the Transaction Center. How many people open it by accident all the time. As if you`ll accidentally click through and make a deposit. LOL They need to move that out of there again. I don`t think it needs to be quite that handy.

had the same type pop up for several times, filed a case and been told it is nothing.

Becareful everyone, some day there may be random pop up asking " Do you accept TT everything in your storage " :) -> press any key

Back