Help: UI Release: Feedback Thread

Status
Title: labels for areas in space

Current: The labels for pretty much every area I passed through yesterday in space from caly to toulan spammed when I reached a hunting ground outside Toulan. Now entering space, Calypso, multiple PvP warnings, Skyflail hunting grounds etc. I don't remember if they also showed when they were supposed to.

Previous: Yeah it just showed one message at a time as I passed through areas not spamming when I hit a blue area.

Suggested: Hire game testers to weed out the bugs before a major UI or VU update. We always seem to be the guinea pigs. Seriously you make enough money from us for at least that....
It's not just labels in space.
With new UI all these warnings lags so much, sometimes for like 5 minutes.

Lags increased noticably for me before the release, but only maybe a minute of no loots before they came bunched together. Dunno if something was changed in the background before the vu that might be a part of it, just mentioning it....

Question to MikeH:
Did you ever try it out, the 11 Meter range in the Radar, press + until it is fully zommed in?
The 11 meters Radar helps hunting in small area? If the dot starts to move to the center it is already in your face because it is already closer than 11 meters. BTW where is a area which is so small that you need a Radar with a range of 11 meters and has many players in it and has mobs that do not attack you when they are 11 meters away or closer?

I did not mean the circles inside the Radar I mean distances you get when using the + and - Buttons in the top right corner of the Radar image and the enemy/avatar/etc dot starts to move to the center or closing in to the center of the radar.
PS: When you are at most zoomed in level the outer range, when dots start to move torwards center the distance ist 11 meters so already in the aggro range of nearly all mobs except the chirpy etc which do not attack.
If you don't have use of full zoom in radar use it as much as u want and leave it to that radar the full zoom has uses and if you haven't got a chance to use it doesn't mean it's useless .

Why do you even bother ?
Is it forcing you to keep your zoom at that level ?

is quite what is needed, i use all those features, close view especially

if u want to see further distance chose ( - ) if u want to see up close where u stand next to others use ( + )

i don't see any problem or something bad about it, same way worked / is working radar in space, u see a triangle from far far away even if is not in your closest range, excellent that they put this on ground too

useless would have been a fixed version, this way u can chose, is all about options so let options function

i m not sure what u wanted to say but a wild guess is that u require to see the circles enlarge themselves once u start to zoom in or out to respect a proportion and a dynamic distancing
Really you use the Radar at max zoomed in distance, you pressed (+) until it is greyed out so max distance is at 11 meters? Please try it out and tell me where this makes a difference. When do you have time to look at the radar to determine which mob to attack or whatever else is closer than 11 meters because they will attack you already when a lot farther away than 11 meters. If you need a radar to determin if the attacking mob is in front of you or behind you at a distance below 11 meters seams odd to me.

Where and when does this help you identifiy which mob to attack as already every mob who is closer than 11 meters will attack you if it is not a Chirpy type of mob.
Thanks for response but what does a radar with 11 meter range helps you in space? Where is this needed, still got no reason why this is needed to see if a mob is 5 or 9 meters away as it would already have started to attack you when it was much father away than 5 or 9 meters or even 11 meters away from you, but to see if a owerfull mob is 200 or 250 meters away would help a lot in deciding where to move to tag my next mob.

Maybe even the most powerfull mob can not be seen on the Radar when farther away than 18 meters but other Avatars, TP's etc. would be visible at greater distance.

PS: For your Space reasoning, what does it help you when you can say the ship is behind to the left of your ship at a distance between 11 and 500 meters? Same reasoning is true for Mobs one at 11 meters would be a direct thread one at 150 meters would be no thread atm. So with the lowest two settings, 11 m and 22 m the mob will be shown at the same place on the Radar without you beeing able to determin how close he is.

PS: I know that it must be a very powerfull mob to see it at 200 or 250 meters on the Radar.

(Radar)...
i m not sure what u wanted to say but a wild guess is that u require to see the circles enlarge themselves once u start to zoom in or out to respect a proportion and a dynamic distancing
I'm not the poster, but I'd like the distances of the circles to be the same as before and maybe an indication of which zoom level has been selected. (Admittedly my fault after the vu for selecting zooms with zero info on the radar, so I had no idea of distances, but I'm semi-hiding, as people will know by now lol)
you're still doing and re-doing every detail for every widget separately. Was this path chosen before dismissing half the dev team or afterwards? Is this the result of mentioned AI deployment? I don't mean this in a judgemental way, I'm actually curious.
It genuinely interests me too if AI was asked to rewrite code but keep all features, and it messed up massively, or if humanz did it.
The Turing test used to mean AI had reached our level in that we cannot tell it apart from us any more, but I didn't really expect us to go downhill to meet it as it improves. I am thus interested in whether it was involved here and how it continues to evolve.

If you don't have use of full zoom in radar use it as much as u want and leave it to that radar the full zoom has uses and if you haven't got a chance to use it doesn't mean it's useless .

Why do you even bother ?
Is it forcing you to keep your zoom at that level ?
It bother me because I would like a Radar with more range like 250 meters so I can determin where the Avatar is who is also hunting where I am and not only the direction.

But still where is a Radar with 11 meter Range usefull, do you know, except little birds, where a Mob at 11 meters distance would not attack you already?

I have now seen that the action bar works with the number keys above the letter keys. this is a bad arrangement. is there a way to assign the keys from the number block?

It bother me because I would like a Radar with more range like 250 meters so I can determin where the Avatar is who is also hunting where I am and not only the direction.

But still where is a Radar with 11 meter Range usefull, do you know, except little birds, where a Mob at 11 meters distance would not attack you already?
Click this button (red circle):
index.php

Keep clicking it until it does nothing.

still, I hope that they will hear me- make it possible to make the inventory window translucent yourself, and take a notebook and portable repair outside the screen

Really you use the Radar at max zoomed in distance, you pressed (+) until it is greyed out so max distance is at 11 meters? Please try it out and tell me where this makes a difference. When do you have time to look at the radar to determine which mob to attack or whatever else is closer than 11 meters because they will attack you already when a lot farther away than 11 meters. If you need a radar to determin if the attacking mob is in front of you or behind you at a distance below 11 meters seams odd to me.
i do, the game is not only mining or crafting or hunting 10HP mob, and if u don't use it already u wont need it
Thanks for response but what does a radar with 11 meter range helps you in space?
is the same thing asking when does radar with 500m range helps u in space when the range of the weapon is only 200m max

Readability

- Very small grey text on grey or dark background
- I have a major problem reading this
- Make text larger and with better contrast

i do, the game is not only mining or crafting or hunting 10HP mob, and if u don't use it already u wont need it

is the same thing asking when does radar with 500m range helps u in space when the range of the weapon is only 200m max

So can you tell me then where you need the 11 meter range from the Radar? If not hunting or mining then where, while crafting or in PvP I just wondered where this range is usefull but did not get a answer to that question also not from you even though you said you use it so can you tell me where for what?

Main chat window

- I can not read half the chat half the time, and windows needs mouseover to see tab highlight
- Make an option to keep main chat "active", in the way that it always has background
- I'l miss a lot less in chats

Main chat window

- I can not read half the chat half the time, and windows needs mouseover to see tab highlight
- Make an option to keep main chat "active", in the way that it always has background
- I'l miss a lot less in chats

You can turn off auto fade, inn the main chat. So you get background allways!
First thing i did!!

asdfadfcccccc.png

This is 2nd highest zoom and people hunting within 20m of each other so occasionally last zoom is also useful.

This answers your question or you want me to give you the details of what mob or what so special this dropping that people hunting so close to each other 😭 ?

Free Aim

-cannot move, aim and perform combat at same time. Combat now more clunkier.
-Cannot even bind mouse buttons to compensate a replacement for "fire gun at thing" action
-No free look button

Suggestion: Fire your programmer(s) and try again.

Feedback
  • Title: Can't heal other players from action bar
Description:
  • Current: Before you could set heal tool on key 3, and click key 3 to heal players and heal yourselfe.
    Now if you set heal tool on action bar nr3. You can heal yourselfe, but it will not heal other players by looking at them and click butten 3.

Scrollbars

- Scrollbars are very "thin"
- Make them a little wider
- Much easier to use that way
This needs to be done. The scrollbar is SO THIN I have to click several times to get it if I dont fully concentrate on it.

We are aware, and working on fixing all these things as soon as possible.

Does this also include the range issue where some weapons think that they are in range for the initial hit/swing resulting in a "Target is out of Range" error displaying in the Systems chat - followed by your character realizing and then moving to the correct range?

Feedback
  • Problem in custumisable item
Description:
  • I am tailor working on custumisation some cloth and my tools didnt act as it was. The texturer or colorator window dont allow us to make the item mouving in the wndow to see effect of our choice all around as befor this ui.
  • Let the item image rotate like it was befor
  • We cant juge the texture or paint adding corectly if we cant see what it does in all angle of the clothing (soem front and baking item are a lot diferent)
https://1drv.ms/i/c/04d9b495e9ba0663/EQuoQSxtkGlLsnlLcLsjgLwBwu3J2H7_WKT_xkd1GF9CaA?e=rISGZgScreenshots:

Please make it that when we convert nanocubes or repair or purchase/sell something on trade terminal the amount in ped is shown in system message. So if someone forget to note it down instantly it can be seen from the log file.

Health bars​

Issue: Health bars height is too small.
Suggestion: Please increase by at least 50% user Health bar and by 100%+ party memebers health bars.

Reason: There are situations where HP bars are yoyoing and apart from the current bugs, they are too small to notice during more complex PVE or PVP scenarios where coordination is required or fast actions are needed.

Please increase these bars or have increasing them as option, maybe a slider bar even. Thank you

Feedback
  • Title: Various Windows
Description:
  • Current: The various windows (Inventory, Storage, Containers, Auction, Crafting, Trade Terminal, Selling, Looted, etc)
  • Suggested: They do not fit together well. For instance, the Inventory and Storage windows are not the same height. The width is not correct either being that it is 13 across? How did you come up with and odd number across?! The storage and inventory windows should be the same size in height and across. The Trade terminal is too large for no reason. The repair terminal is a good size. The auction window seems too large. The Container window is too small, just make it same size as Storage/Inventory. Crafting window is misshaped. Looted is too small. All these windows should fit together nicely on the screen, they must overlap, which is bad design.
  • Reason: Continuity and consistency. Keep it all the same. There's no need for all these weird dimensions.

(updated)
Feedback
  • Lea's feedback ( It looks scary but on the end i wrote down what changes were great ^^ )
Description:

#COLORS
  • Current: Too many Color Themes. Screenshot named "Color Themes" shows how our eyes see and simplify colors, when we play now.
  • Suggested: Choosing one Color Theme; skills, inventory etc got awesome theme that looks professional. Matching rest to that one Color Theme.

- Icons of upper left corner can have Dark Blue background, with transparency
    - Chat instead grey, can have Dark Blue background, also transparent. System messages in chat can be white or grey if really needed (it is risky to use too much grey, that colors works best to make something "less important".
    - Weapons menu on bottom instead having: white, light-green, darker-green, yellow, grey colors, can use Dark Blue with transparency as background, White letters and numbers, buffs can be Dark Blue again or Orange, reload bar can be Orange or even White (you will know better than me by testing colors from main theme of Dark Blue, White, Orange and seeing the results). If reload bar will be too boring as White it can have different look for example -------- instead straight line, or something similar. Health bar is in my opinion the only acceptable exception to use green color, so every new players instinctively understand it is health bar. My personal preference is to make health bar a little darker green, like here https://cdn.dribbble.com/users/2002372/screenshots/9758077/game-health-bar.jpg and make it more interesting by maybe showing where each 100hp level is (players like to compare to each other so it add that "omg look how much hp he got!" effect, when u see for example 4 separators indicating he got 400+ HP), but it is a preference so i leave it to you. Imo Entropia is "high technology" and so on so cool health bar... would be cool :p
    - Radar can use Dark Blue with transparency as background, instead grey again. Rest is probably okay.
    - Missions can use Dark Blue with transparency as background.
    - Hall of Fame can use Dark Blue as background and Golden frames to show it is about moneyy and richness :3
    - Global flicker can use Dark Blue transparent background and Goldenish numbers to indicate it is about money and status :>
    - Chat optional colors that we can choose are too similar to each other. There are 4 yellow colors that look pretty much the same, three purple/pink also very similar, and 2 types of blue. They need to be significantly different from each other or our eyes will bleed when we will try to read smth :d
    - If golden color is used in Depo sign, imo gold can be reserved only for MONEY/STATUS related stuff. So "protected" sign should be changed, and every money/status related signs should be matched with Gold color. That way when we see Gold color we know it is money and glory \o/ and it can be used as a rare motivating color, that show up when we global on mob or in crafting machine, and so on. Maybe even very expensive items can have price written in gold, to add status to them. Because now depo button is Goldenish and... reload bar xp which doesn't make sense.
    - Profession name when we hoover on our avatar is yellow now :/ Imo it should have Dark Blue transparent background and be white. Gold color is for money and glory :p
    - Names of avatars or terminals, when we hoover on them got bad visibility, imo they should have Dark Blue transparent background. It is hard to read names now, especially if we stay in some well lighted area.
    - Peds can have Gold color instead light blue, in inventory, to indicate it is about money.
    - Items that are close to destruction can have light/transparent red color instead of yellow, and hard red when broken (like now), to keep yellow/gold for money related things
    - Dots near message tabs can be White instead Yellow, to keep it in main color theme, and leave yellow/gold for money related stuff
    - Near maximum capacity also can have light/transparent red color, to leave yellow/gold for money related stuff
    - "Information" and some other icons bring once again another color to the screen, imo those icons need refresh and change, and new ones should match main theme (maybe orange-ish version of them, or just white graphic on dark blue background, you gonna choose good ones i'm sure)
    - Quantity bring light-blue-ish color to the table, imo if light-blue is used, it should be reserved to skills etc. Quantity can be just white.

- This is idea, i am not sure if it is good idea: Any Gold signs or numbers can have soft texture on it, similar to that u used on "E" button in inventory near ped balance. Similar but Gold.
    - If i missed any tool/indicator etc, imo match it with main theme again, Dark Blue, White, sometimes grey(usually to decrease importance)/orange/gold(when it comes to money, status, motivation)

• Reason: Screenshot named "Color Themes" shows how our eyes simplify and see current colors on screen. It is a a mess unfortunately.
    After those changes i believe that there will be no more eye-ache when we stare at screen. Everything will look as good as Skills, Inventory etc. Those are really cool and professional <3
#SCREEN SPACE
  • Current: We lose a lot of space on screen.
  • Suggested: Adding changes that can save screen space and make it more modern (clean space is now fancy in games)

- Loot in left upper corner should be popping up closer to the edge of the screen, not in the random distance from the edge, it is mildly infuriating for an eye
    - Chat should have option to make it even smaller, and font size also should have at least 3-5 options to change (some people like to have big chat and letters, and some like to make it so small that it is unreadable, and then they make it bigger after they end hunt etc)
    - Chat should also have option to "hide" and "roll up" so we can make it almost invisible when we want. After hiding it, it can show only tiny square near edge of the screen with some arrow ">" to roll it up again on screen.
    - Radar is for some people too big when on MIN size and for some people it is too small when on MAX size, so we should have option to make it really tiny or really huge. It also got some troubles to reach edge of the screen, on many monitors it cannot reach their edge, which create tragic effect for the eye
    - Would be nice if Weapon menu also had at least 3 size options; small - normal - big
    - Inventory looks AMAZING and i heard everyone like it is bigger <3 but it would be nice if it had option to "roll up" when we hoover our mouse near the edge of our screen. Even i liked to hunt with EQ open, now it is too big (but its good), so to fix it and do not lose advantages of bigger EQ, lets make an option to hide it -> hoover to the edge to check it again -> move cursor back to middle to make it hidden again.
    - Crafting got similar problem, we like it bigger but option to minimalize it would be cool. We often craft and repair/check ah/storage/create some sticky notes at the same time

• Reason: Plain and clean screen space is very attractive now. It also fits very well to Entropia being "high tech" and "modern". It is paaaaainfull to play when i got in left down corner chat, left side loot, right upper corner big radar, weapon menu down, global flicker on top, and eq takes 2/3 of screen ;/ Icons new size is very good tho :)) Way smaller than they were previous, still visible and cool <3

• Current: [Describe which existing function or system you wish to see changed, if relevant.]
  • Suggested: [Describe your suggested change.]
  • Reason: [Describe why you want this change.]
#USAGE FIXES / OTHER
  • Current: Some stuff is problematic to use. I got questions about some choices.
  • Suggested:

- Make chat less sensitive to move it around just when we want to click different tabs there. It is so sensitive that after playing 2h it is repositioned like 20 times which is mildly infuriating
    - When i click chat writing space, and then i change my mind and click somewhere on screen, it DO NOT "unclick" writing, so then i press "use tool" key but instead of using it i start spamming on chats "xxxxxxeqeqe" :d
    - NeoPsion is showing on the health bar, take it from there please because... why is it there? :d New players will be confused is it health of that item or what?
    - Near name of weapon there is icon that looks kinda like a check mark and... is it completely random icon? if yes, then please remove it cause we all wonder will it change when we change weapon etc, what that icon means, basically "what is that" was the topic when we logged in ;d
    - Number of shots should have some sign near it to explain what that number means "uses" or smth., and when we equip VSE it shows 1, when in reality we got infinite uses when we use VSE so you can use infinity icon there
    - On bottom of the chat, white bar change its color to orange back and forward, imo it is unnecessary but it is also personal preference. To me the less flickers and effects the cleaner and nicer screen is. Flicking it cool when it happens on some occasions like Globals, HOFs, and so on.
    - When consctructing, that long list had tiny icons near them that indicated what kind of a blueprint it is - It was helpfull. Current option LOOKS better but some indicator of what kind of a BP is there, will be useful.
    - Icons in inventory may have less "pixel" edges. That will look more modern and high-tech.
    - Some people struggle to read names of their target, i heard tree names can be somewhere high in the air, or mob names too (tamable monkeys on NI if i remember well). Maybe transparent Dark Blue background would help, but i am not sure if that is the way to go. But yeah it can be hard to read some names.
    - Icons near PED BALANCE should be moved somewhere else, cmon it is Money! <3 That area must be pristine clean and gold \o/ That "E" button can be gold please *.* <3
#GREAT CHANGES ! (what worked :) )

- new inventory look is awesome!
- bigger size of inventory is great!
- smaller and more modern icons, we all love clean space
- weapon menu to change tools and weapons fast, another great change
- Skills menu is done very well and professional
- Similarly professions menu, Mission logs, and so on :)
- Tracked missions can be easily and fast hidden
- We can check codexes from all planets! \o/
- New mob health bars are nice
- Indicators of which mob is aggroed are great
- new main menu when we log in is very nice :3

Overall direction of changes was very good, more professional and tech look, cleaner an bigger inventories, also adding useful options for us.
And of course there is a lot to patch but it is usual that after implementing something we realize "oh, this need a fix, that need a fix", this is normal. So i hope you are doing well even tho players can be rough for you now ;P
Overall, very big portion of community is happy with direction you took, and they just demand tweaking this and that, but noone is like "omg what are you doing, go back go back" so imo it was success :]

Good job!
Lea

Screenshots:

(updated)
Feedback
  • Lea's feedback ( It looks scary but on the end i wrote down what changes were great ^^ )
Description:

#COLORS
  • Current: Too many Color Themes. Screenshot named "Color Themes" shows how our eyes see and simplify colors, when we play now.
  • Suggested: Choosing one Color Theme; skills, inventory etc got awesome theme that looks professional. Matching rest to that one Color Theme.

- Chat instead grey, can have Dark Blue background, also transparent. System messages in chat can be white or grey if really needed (it is risky to use too much grey, that colors works best to make something "less important".
    - Weapons menu on bottom instead having: white, light-green, darker-green, yellow, grey colors, can use Dark Blue with transparency as background, White letters and numbers, buffs can be Dark Blue again or Orange, reload bar can be Orange or even White (you will know better than me by testing colors from main theme of Dark Blue, White, Orange and seeing the results). If reload bar will be too boring as White it can have different look for example -------- instead straight line, or something similar. Health bar is in my opinion the only acceptable exception to use green color, so every new players instinctively understand it is health bar. My personal preference is to make health bar a little darker green, like here https://cdn.dribbble.com/users/2002372/screenshots/9758077/game-health-bar.jpg and make it more interesting by maybe showing where each 100hp level is (players like to compare to each other so it add that "omg look how much hp he got!" effect, when u see for example 4 separators indicating he got 400+ HP), but it is a preference so i leave it to you. Imo Entropia is "high technology" and so on so cool health bar... would be cool :p
    - Radar can use Dark Blue with transparency as background, instead grey again. Rest is probably okay.
    - Hall of Fame can use Dark Blue as background and Golden frames to show it is about moneyy and richness :3
    - Global flicker can use Dark Blue transparent background and Goldenish numbers to indicate it is about money and status :>
    - Chat optional colors that we can choose are too similar to each other. There are 4 yellow colors that look pretty much the same, three purple/pink also very similar, and 2 types of blue. They need to be significantly different from each other or our eyes will bleed when we will try to read smth :d
    - If golden color is used in Depo sign, imo gold can be reserved only for MONEY/STATUS related stuff. So "protected" sign should be changed, and every money/status related signs should be matched with Gold color. That way when we see Gold color we know it is money and glory \o/ and it can be used as a rare motivating color, that show up when we global on mob or in crafting machine, and so on. Maybe even very expensive items can have price written in gold, to add status to them. Because now depo button is Goldenish and... reload bar xp which doesn't make sense.
    - Profession name when we hoover on our avatar is yellow now :/ Imo it should have Dark Blue transparent background and be white. Gold color is for money and glory :p
    - Names of avatars or terminals, when we hoover on them got bad visibility, imo they should have Dark Blue transparent background. It is hard to read names now, especially if we stay in some well lighted area.
    - Peds can have Gold color instead light blue, in inventory, to indicate it is about money.
    - Items that are close to destruction can have light/transparent red color instead of yellow, and hard red when broken (like now), to keep yellow/gold for money related things
    - Dots near message tabs can be White instead Yellow, to keep it in main color theme, and leave yellow/gold for money related stuff
    - Near maximum capacity also can have light/transparent red color, to leave yellow/gold for money related stuff
    - "Information" and some other icons bring once again another color to the screen, imo those icons need refresh and change, and new ones should match main theme (maybe orange-ish version of them, or just white graphic on dark blue background, you gonna choose good ones i'm sure)
    - Quantity bring light-blue-ish color to the table, imo if light-blue is used, it should be reserved to skills etc. Quantity can be just white.

- This is idea, i am not sure if it is good idea: Any Gold signs or numbers can have soft texture on it, similar to that u used on "E" button in inventory near ped balance. Similar but Gold.
    - If i missed any tool/indicator etc, imo match it with main theme again, Dark Blue, White, sometimes grey(usually to decrease importance)/orange/gold(when it comes to money, status, motivation)

• Reason: Screenshot named "Color Themes" shows how our eyes simplify and see current colors on screen. It is a a mess unfortunately.
    After those changes i believe that there will be no more eye-ache when we stare at screen. Everything will look as good as Skills, Inventory etc. Those are really cool and professional <3
#SCREEN SPACE
  • Suggested: Adding changes that can save screen space and make it more modern (clean space is now fancy in games)

- Loot in left upper corner should be popping up closer to the edge of the screen, not in the random distance from the edge, it is mildly infuriating for an eye
    - Chat should have option to make it even smaller, and font size also should have at least 3-5 options to change (some people like to have big chat and letters, and some like to make it so small that it is unreadable, and then they make it bigger after they end hunt etc)
    - Chat should also have option to "hide" and "roll up" so we can make it almost invisible when we want. After hiding it, it can show only tiny square near edge of the screen with some arrow ">" to roll it up again on screen.
    - Radar is for some people too big when on MIN size and for some people it is too small when on MAX size, so we should have option to make it really tiny or really huge. It also got some troubles to reach edge of the screen, on many monitors it cannot reach their edge, which create tragic effect for the eye
    - Would be nice if Weapon menu also had at least 3 size options; small - normal - big
    - Inventory looks AMAZING and i heard everyone like it is bigger <3 but it would be nice if it had option to "roll up" when we hoover our mouse near the edge of our screen. Even i liked to hunt with EQ open, now it is too big (but its good), so to fix it and do not lose advantages of bigger EQ, lets make an option to hide it -> hoover to the edge to check it again -> move cursor back to middle to make it hidden again.
    - Crafting got similar problem, we like it bigger but option to minimalize it would be cool. We often craft and repair/check ah/storage/create some sticky notes at the same time

• Reason: Plain and clean screen space is very attractive now. It also fits very well to Entropia being "high tech" and "modern". It is paaaaainfull to play when i got in left down corner chat, left side loot, right upper corner big radar, weapon menu down, global flicker on top, and eq takes 2/3 of screen ;/ Icons new size is very good tho :)) Way smaller than they were previous, still visible and cool <3

• Current: [Describe which existing function or system you wish to see changed, if relevant.]
#USAGE FIXES / OTHER
  • Current: Some stuff is problematic to use. I got questions about some choices.
  • Suggested:

- Make chat less sensitive to move it around just when we want to click different tabs there. It is so sensitive that after playing 2h it is repositioned like 20 times which is mildly infuriating
    - When i click chat writing space, and then i change my mind and click somewhere on screen, it DO NOT "unclick" writing, so then i press "use tool" key but instead of using it i start spamming on chats "xxxxxxeqeqe" :d
    - NeoPsion is showing on the health bar, take it from there please because... why is it there? :d New players will be confused is it health of that item or what?
    - Near name of weapon there is icon that looks kinda like a check mark and... is it completely random icon? if yes, then please remove it cause we all wonder will it change when we change weapon etc, what that icon means, basically "what is that" was the topic when we logged in ;d
    - Number of shots should have some sign near it to explain what that number means "uses" or smth., and when we equip VSE it shows 1, when in reality we got infinite uses when we use VSE so you can use infinity icon there
    - On bottom of the chat, white bar change its color to orange back and forward, imo it is unnecessary but it is also personal preference. To me the less flickers and effects the cleaner and nicer screen is. Flicking it cool when it happens on some occasions like Globals, HOFs, and so on.
    - When consctructing, that long list had tiny icons near them that indicated what kind of a blueprint it is - It was helpfull. Current option LOOKS better but some indicator of what kind of a BP is there, will be useful.
    - Icons in inventory may have less "pixel" edges. That will look more modern and high-tech.
    - Some people struggle to read names of their target, i heard tree names can be somewhere high in the air, or mob names too (tamable monkeys on NI if i remember well). Maybe transparent Dark Blue background would help, but i am not sure if that is the way to go. But yeah it can be hard to read some names.
    - Icons near PED BALANCE should be moved somewhere else, cmon it is Money! <3 That area must be pristine clean and gold \o/ That "E" button can be gold please *.* <3

Overall direction of changes was very good, more professional and tech look, cleaner an bigger inventories, also adding useful options for us.
And of course there is a lot to patch but it is usual that after implementing something we realize "oh, this need a fix, that need a fix", this is normal. So i hope you are doing well even tho players can be rough for you now ;P
Overall, very big portion of community is happy with direction you took, and they just demand tweaking this and that, but noone is like "omg what are you doing, go back go back" so imo it was success :]

Good job!
Lea

Screenshots:
Mildly infuriating, is understatement to us perfectionists. 😁

MA please take note of this post!

Ease of use, quality of life and having choise to adjust the UI is key to success!

Great post!

👍👍👍

Feedback
  • Title: Items on hidden action bars cannot be equipped; action bar cannot be edited with options dialog open
Description:
  • Current: If an action bar is hidden, items on it cannot be used by the action bar's assigned keyboard shortcuts. Additionally, adding or changing items on a visible action bar while the options dialog is open does not work. I don't know if both behaviours are intended or not, hence putting it here in feedback first, otherwise treat as bug report.
  • Suggested: 1. It should not matter whether an action bar is visible, if unique key shortcuts are assigned to its slots they should still function even when hidden. In fact I'd prefer to keep them hidden most of the time. But this preference may not be shared by all. An alternative might be using different setups this way which would otherwise collide, but my impression is that the 3 pages per action bar were intended for that. In case it was intended that hiding action bars deactivates them at the same time, I suggest an additional setting "DEACTIVATED" beyond "HIDDEN".
  • Suggested: 2. It doesn't occur to me why editing action bars is not possible when the options dialog is open at the same time. It just makes it more cumbersome when trying out some things. In case this was intended, please reconsider or explain the motivation.
  • Reason: To enable creating a HUD with as little clutter as possible.

Feedback
  • Title: Loot window inconsistency
Description:
  • Current: Separate loot windows open when receiving universal ammo from converting shrapnel, and nanocubes from recycling. These loot windows close upon pressing the Esc key, but not the "normal" loot window.
  • Suggested: Please enable closing all loot windows by pressing Esc.
  • Reason: Consistent behaviour would be expected. Also, key commands are much quicker to execute.

(updated)
Feedback
Description:

#COLORS

#SCREEN SPACE

#USAGE FIXES / OTHER
  • Suggested:

Good job!
Lea

Screenshots:
I would add that each effect icon should have different color, to easiliy distinct between effects without focusing each with mouse.

Status
Back