Help: UI Release: Feedback Thread

Status
This seems to work fine for me?

EDIT - If I'm out of range, I do not move to target, however, if in-range, I can damage mobs by pressing 1.

Are you sure you didn't put your weapons in the Shift + 1 action bar (you probably haven't but just double checking)

Nope. Tested it just now and it's broken.

I have more than enough range, this happens with my tagger too, and repeatedly clicking the bound key does no damage (even though the animation kicks in, and the sound too).

And when I press "F" without moving from the same position it magically starts dealing damage.

Plus the crosshair is red at all times, so even the game is telling me I'm in range of my target.

Something is 100% not working as intended.

@Ludvig|MindArk

Last edited:
Nope. Tested it just now and it's broken.

I have more than enough range, this happens with my tagger too, and repeatedly clicking the bound key does no damage (even though the animation kicks in, and the sound too).

And when I press "F" without moving from the same position it magically starts dealing damage.

Plus the crosshair is read at all times, so even the game is telling me I'm in range of my target.

Something is 100% not working as intended.

@Ludvig|MindArk

Feedback
  • Title: Inventory
Description:
  • Suggestion: Inventory should have a better background layer to proper see things listed there (a lighter neutral background inside the window) cause most of the weapons are represented in a blackish texture icon
  • The protected items should have a diff way of representation compared to (L) items, the confusion and scale could lead easily to mistakes if by chance someone forgets to protect an item and tt’it instead
  • Splitting in multiple stacks ( used for skilling texture and painting )

Feedback
  • Title: windows
Description:
  • Suggestion: The mobile window groups like skills, professions, information, action bar, effect bar, weapon bar, and all of them in fact should have an auto alignment when near another window just like the chat window does when is near another chat window
  • The chat window should have a minimal resized dimension, this issue was on the old version too, and I bever really managed to make them 2 alike
  • Align right / left if we chose to move something on either one of the sides chat windows, radar etc. (mirrored), looks odd of is not, ppl might be left or right-handed
  • Windows should have this magnetic ability to collide themselves because is obvious when I try to put one window 1-2 pixels close to another one is because I want them side by side

-make pills show remaining time in action bar

Description:
-When I use a 50% skill pill make the countdown timer really visible inside of the action bar of that skill pill so I can see when I need to reapply. Ideally I would like to set the colors myself so I could make it read once not active and green countdown while counting down.

Feedback
  • Title: navigator
Description:
  • Suggestion: The navigator should have similar transparency for water as the radar has from pale to more dense bluish in the middle also the same concept as radar should be applied here too, maybe a different kind of terrain representation would be a solution for transparent map, lines and borders ,density fills for lands, mountains and high ground, the way the radar shows the center from the edge is quite beautiful, pale form edge dense to middle and yet transparent enough to be able to keep the radar always on screen
  • The arrow in the middle of the radar is a bit too much, is difficult to see if is anyone near u, that angle already pointing out where u is oriented and the center should be either empty or a minimal dot, is important to see what is around u not yourself, that job is don’t by that angle.

Feedback
  • reloadbar under hp-bar
Description:
  • Current: Bars moving in a "disorganized" way, making the game experience bad
  • Suggested: option to remove/move reloadbar, or make reloadbar shorter
  • Reason: making the user dizzy

Feedback
  • Title: global ticker ( sticker)
Description:
  • Suggestion: All the effort is to make the UI less invasive and creating a more enjoyable experience thru reshaping those elements that are constant visible on the screen the global pup up bar on top should have the icon a bit les visible. One row text could be a solution, wider and slimmer

Feedback
  • Title: transparency
Description:
  • Suggestion: The way tracked mission log is represented on the right side minimizing it by request and having the minimalist way it is by me the best of the best this UI gave me so far, that transparency and minimum necessary is all I need to see when I play and the faded way to have the texture from edge to the center of the screen color included is more than what I wished for, would be amazing to see this effect on chat windows and all transparent windows once they go to the edge of the screen right or left.
  • In my opinion all windows should look like tracked mission log window from progress to skills, professions, codex center, message center and such, all are info and info is text, I would love to have that option for all of them just to see the info in a transparent way
  • For transparency mode would be great to have black text as an alternative for the snowy environment or whiteish as it is now for darker environment, one touch way option maybe new button on the radar since the radar has the spot free ( around circle on the top left side ) and is one of the only all time present on screen window, easy to reach
even without the next improvements i like the way this is going, some things i really love them ( the transparency concept )

Hotfix out for a few issues:

• Cleared keybindings should now save properly between sessions.
  • Turning modifiers off should now save properly between sessions as well.
  • Female armors can be crafted again.
  • Split stacks now starts from 0 rather than the middle.

If you are in the game, you need to log out and then back in to apply the fixes.

Feedback
  • Title: Team Disbanding
Description:
  • Current: Leaving(turning off) team requires more steps than before
  • Suggested: Add X to be able to turn off right away
  • Reason: Faster Disbanding

Feedback
Title: Mission/Codex Tracking/untracking
Description:
Current: when tracking a mission or Codex, you cant untrack it right on the UI, you have to open Codex or mission log to click untrack.
Suggested: previously you had an "X" you could click where it was being tracked on screen, this closed the selected Codex/mission without having to open the mission log or Codex in order to untrack.
Reason: now there are more steps than before to untrack things, QoL went backwards, screen gets more cluttered easily than before.

Old ui, you can close it by pressing X in the corner. Simple, effective.

New ui, cant close / untrack. You have to open mission log or Codex to untrack, not possible to untrack it on the screen. Poor QoL choice.

Last edited:
Feedback
  • Title: Setting prices on items in shop
Description:
  • Current: cannot delete default price, or select it then enter new price; this causes errors because price cannot be less than tt. So I have to place cursor where the price is, and first, type my price, then delete the other numbers that are still there, this is very odd functionaility..
  • Suggested: Allow deleting/entering anything and everything into that price field to avoid this odd behaviour inside the price field. Also display the actual markup that this price results in, in PERCENT so I can verify this is what I want before pressing "confirm"
  • Reason: ease of use of the price setting interface

General feedback:

Although I was a bit disoriented when I first logged in by the fact that the game now looked so foreign, I was quickly able to figure out how to re-organize things to my liking and found that things were generally located where I expected that they would be.

But I'll echo what many people have already said, the interface windows are really big, too big, and the fact that most of them cannot be pushed off-screen adds to the problem of being able to find enough real-estate on the screen to put everything that is needed.

Also I would like to ask that you make the scroll bars wider(bigger), the arrows bigger and closer together, for example, why are the arrows so far apart on the televator interface? Why make people move their cursor a mile to the other arrow? I don't get it... I hope it's just an oversight

Feedback

• Title: Interact button stopped working as intended on trees
Description:

• Current: When you press Interact button "F" on trees it only attacks once and stop instead of cutting down the entire tree as it was before. Now you need to support yourself with additional bind on "auto use tool" which is really bad on tress. When cutting down a tree with auto use tool sometimes you mark other trees nearby and go to them instead of cutting down the tree you were on at the beginning.
  • Suggested: Interact "F" before the patch: You click the interact button and it cuts down the entire tree instead of hitting it only once.
  • Reason: I don't see any reason for that change unless was not intended then im waiting for a fix :)

I would like to know if that change was intended or not @Ludvig|MindArk

Feedback

Title: Easier toggling of tracked missions

Description:

Current: To remove a tracked quest from screen you need to mission log and then untrack them.
Suggested: Adding a small icon to remove tracked quest from list like eearlier
Reason: Quality of life

Feedback
  • Title: windowed resolution
  • Description: After the update, I decided to change the window resolution and I can no longer return the old window resolution. After updating the interface I now have the maximum window resolution 1274 X 720
  • Reason: It's not comfortable to play with this low resolution
    index.php

Last edited:
make the bones from the rings translucent and 10-20% smaller squares they do not play a strong role in combat

Feedback

• Title: Interact button stopped working as intended on trees
Description:

• Current: When you press Interact button "F" on trees it only attacks once and stop instead of cutting down the entire tree as it was before. Now you need to support yourself with additional bind on "auto use tool" which is really bad on tress. When cutting down a tree with auto use tool sometimes you mark other trees nearby and go to them instead of cutting down the tree you were on at the beginning.
  • Suggested: Interact "F" before the patch: You click the interact button and it cuts down the entire tree instead of hitting it only once.
  • Reason: I don't see any reason for that change unless was not intended then im waiting for a fix :)

I would like to know if that change was intended or not @Ludvig|MindArk

Feedback

• Title: Cannot sell to Trade Terminal damaged or used RK-25
Description:

• Current: i have 1 RK-25 that i cannot sell to Trade Terminal
  • Suggested: It used to work before
  • Reason: I wanna get rid off this used RK-25 and i cannot do it
Screenshot:

On a positive note I would like to say that after the release I had several issues but after help from the community and the quick hotfixes I have little or no issues left. So I want to give a thumbs up for the MA team to react quickly.

Feedback

> Title:
"Statistics" window in crafting machine.

Description:

> Current:
There is a very small window of statistics that cant keep more than few items in view.

> Suggested:
Please make it bigger (or resizable). Before UI change it could have all, or almost all the items from crafting.

> Reason:
Constantly scrolling up/down makes postprocessing (like logging) so much harder.
Its a "window on demand", it will not be intrusive on the screen since it only opens when you actually want it to be there.

Feedback

• Title: Icons for looted blueprints, success, failure, quality rating increase, skill increase missing
Description:

• Current: Crafting result icons missing in crafting screen
  • Suggested: It used to work before
  • Reason: missing icons

Feedback
  • Title: Display of numeric values
Description:
  • Current: Numeric vales are and has been, displayed throughout the game without thousands separator, e.g. 1000, 10000, 1000000.
  • Suggested: Display numeric values with thousands separator e.g. 1 000, 10 000, 1 000 000.
  • Reason: Easier to see the correct value of skills, hof message/board, ped card, shots left etc.
Screenshots: -

Feedback
  • Title: Auction messages in Message center requires..... scrolling.
Description:
  • Current: I want the Message Center to be optimized and have increased QoL
  • Suggested: Reorganize the item picture / position so that more information fits without having to scroll to see the message......
  • Reason: QoL, no need for scrolling in every single window that we enter, when there clearly is space available.........Once we scroll down, the name of the bidder is not even the same background, or color, or doesnt even seem to fit with the message itself......
Screenshots: [Attach any relevant screenshots.]

On the old interface you can clearly see how the new interface has made some changes for the worse, we cant see top bidder without scrolling, dead space below the message itself... so we have to scroll to see remaining info... if we just moved the item picture down in between the text, we would be able to fit everything into one message without having to scroll.

Edit:

The whole message center seems to be a mess, weird colors, big black dead spaces, way too much uneccessary scrolling....

Suggestion:

Can we get an extra decimal point on reload, so we can see it with a bit more accuracy? Assuming it works how I think it works and there is hidden precision not shown in the UI.

This is particularly useful for items like Arsonistic Chips when APM is low, but I think is useful overall.

Suggestion:

Can we get an extra decimal point on reload, so we can see it with a bit more accuracy? Assuming it works how I think it works and there is hidden precision not shown in the UI.

This is particularly useful for items like Arsonistic Chips when APM is low, but I think is useful overall.
One decimal might not be enough. For example mod nano is 152.8 ingame dps with 275 max damage.
152.8/275*60=33.3381818181......

Status
Back