Help: Unsupported video card

dakusingh

Old Alpha
Society
BAHQ
Muksy
hello, im currently away and on a laptop, i tried to launch EU but this comes up first

Unsupported Video Card!
"Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family"
Continuing to run might lead to unexpected results or crashes.

On the requirements, i have a "tick" next to the Graphics card.

When i click on "OK", a window appears and then disappears within 0.5 secs. so a 2nd window opens ( i assume EU) then closes quickly.

Is there a way to make EU run, even with crap graphics etc..?

Im on Vista

short answer no.

longer answer with alitte crass in it ... read the system requirements from entropiauniverse.com

EU.com said:
System Requirements Based on Graphics Quality Settings

In the Options-Graphics window in Entropia Universe you can adjust the settings for the General Graphics Quality. This will influence the realism of the graphics but also performance. Below are the system requirements for each Graphics Quality option.
Very High Settings

Internet Connection: ADSL or better

Operating System: Windows XP or Vista

Computer Processor: Intel I7 / AMD Phenom II

Computer Memory: 4096 MB RAM or more

Graphics Card (with latest drivers): NVIDIA GeForce 285 / ATI Radeon 4870 or better

DirectX: Version 9.0c

Sound Device: Direct X compatible sound device

Screen Resolution: 1024 x 768 pixels

Hard Drive Space: 10 GB of free space

High Settings

Computer Processor: Intel Core duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2 Series or better.

Computer Memory: 2048 MB RAM or more

Graphics Card (with latest drivers): NVIDIA GeForce 8800 Series or better / ATI Radeon 2900 series or better.

Medium Settings

These requirements should be considered the minimum system requirements for Entropia Universe:

Computer Processor: Intel Pentium 4 2.8g hz or AMD Athlon 64 Series or better.

Computer Memory: 2048 MB RAM or more

Graphics Card (with latest drivers): NVIDIA GeForce 7800 Series or better / ATI Radeon 1900 series or better.

Low Settings

If your system falls below the Medium Settings requirement you may still be able to participate in Entropia Universe, but your visual experience will be hampered. If you use Medium Settings on a system below Medium Settings requirements, you may suffer from low frame rate. If you use Low Settings, there may be artifacts such as white texture-less avatars, no ground vegetation, short draw distance and no shadows.

Please note that support is not given on technical issues deriving from a computer that only handles the Low Settings.
Special Notes

SLI and Crossfire are supported.

Please ensure that you have the appropriate SLI/Crossfire drivers for your operating system.

N.B. As the Entropia Universe is under continual development, system requirements may change over time.

Back