Help: Update loop

(Neddy)

Mature
Society
WildD3amons
C'Nedra Neddy Drak'mar
I've been pestering support and searching the forum for any help with this. I had a corrupt update and had to re-install a fresh copy of entropia. Now the updater keeps cycling through the updates just downloading and testing them without ever getting finished.

Anyone have a solution or something i could try?

What worked for me was exiting the loop and going to the Etropia Universe folder in the program files folder. There I found a file: Update_10.0.9.30235-10.0.11.30729.exe
When I ran that the update finished properly.

if this happens again, try deleting the file entropia.exe as this is the one that gets updated. also make sure you are running as administrator :scratch2:

Try the following:

Create a folder called C:\Temp

XP:
Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
Click the Advanced tab.
Click Environment variables.
Change any reference to TEMP or TMP (should be atleast two for each, atleast thats how it is in Vista so I assume its the same in XP)to C:\Temp (take a note of what was there before if you want to put it back to the way it was later on).

Vista:
Click Start and choose Control Panel
In the Search box on the top right of the window type “system path” (no quotes)
Click “Edit the system environment variables”
Change any reference to TEMP or TMP (should be atleast two for each) to C:\Temp (take a note of what was there before if you want to put it back to the way it was later on).

Now you can try to run the Client Loader and update again.

Ty i'll try both :) rather too much than too little

Yeah, none of this worked for me. :/

yea.. now the damn updates say they cannot find entropia installed on my system .. what the hell :mad:

But at least i have all the updates saved... just can't do anything with them :bomb:

Back