Upgradepaths for regular weapons, and why not to mining finders too

Seppo69

Old
Sob Miropoika Truster
Imo this game is too expensive for regular budjet gamers. One possible solution would maybe be upgradepaths for regular weapons. Not only to make unsib weapons to sib ones what we have already, but giving them few % more eff and a bit more dpp every upgrade from adjusted to perfected. And definitely to expand this to MF chips too. Also range, decay, skill buffs etc could be concidered.

Atleast for MF this would be awesome, there is no good eff/dpp choices between noob MF-chips (lvl 5 ten chips, and even they are pretty bad eco wise) and highend chips (lvl 13 fen and 15 mayhem chips). But every weapon class is in need of some reasonable eff/dpp weapons at the average level of game. Because cost to play is way too high atm imo to keep casual players in game for years without long breaks or quits = also less income for MA.

At start it would cost tt to upgrade those things so "lessen income to MA effect" of more eco weapons would be covered with that. And in long run people will cycle more and there would be more peoeple staying to cycle. When unreal is released and for sure plenty of new people give Entropia a try, keeping those players in is top priority for all of us including MA right? I think biggest elephant in a room atm is cost to play at low and average level.

And why not to give mining gear some upgrade paths too, maybe crafting included. To make those professions more interesting.

This would also give players more midway goals to reach while skilling for better weapon/gear and upgrading their tools and make more joy to play that way.

Any thoughts, am I completely lost with my pov or would this be as good idea than I think it is?

Last edited:
the solution to spend less is to rise looter skill.. kill puny until 60 looter and GG
in EU time is a commodity that is exchanged for dollars.
you want a free "fast track"... (we all want)
but the reality is different...
either you pay in EUR or you pay in hours.
GL

regarding minig... get a tt finder, get a F101.. get F105. you can mine verything apart Redulite and such with a 20 ped F105.

Killing puny until level 60 looter is way where most players quit before half way. And fast way is so expensive the result is kinda same.

For mining gear I mean that upgrades might include some "miniamps" in them or chance to find rares more (not only depth that can be upgraded with tiers).

Upgrades should not make regular weapons more dps or even same level eff/dpp than highend gear thogh.

Atm game has so little midlevel gear, 70ish eff and lower dps for example, that the ones we have cost price of a nice car.

Last edited:
Moved my add-ons as edits from OP to this new post..

Also lowering times at lowends with tt-returns would be even more important imo... Being at 75-80% returns for months is most awful thing in this game for me atleast. Idk if better DPP weapons would lower the curves?

Also more upgrading makes more materials more MU when used to upgrade. Which means better economy.

Nowdays system like this is used in armor upgrading, spending tt and MU to make more economy armor gear. Which is great. Effect is just pretty marginal compared to more economy weapons.

Back