Use of Metallic Bone Replacement

Oleg

Mutated
Oleg Oleg McMullery
MA's beauty guide said:
Raw Materials
A range of raw materials are also necessary when performing these tasks including:
- (various stuff snipped)
- Metallic bone replacements.

Beauty Guide

Was this always there?

It's always been usable in body sculpting, I think it has the same effect as Body Fat, which is much much much much much much MUCH cheaper.

Beauty Guide

Was this always there?

yes, it has always been there, I believe it takes gold to make (or use to , we know how MA chances things on a whim). As far as I know, at least up until last VU there was maybe only 3 bp's in existence although it has been needed ingame for well over a year. I think this has something to do with the way they fairly(or unfairly, depending on which side of the fence you happen to be on) balance things ingame.

it use to be used strictly for face sculpting.

There are more than 3 bps. Also they introduced an L bp which dropped a lot more frequently (relatively) than the non-L one.

Thing is.. its like literally turning gold in to lead. Doesn't make any sense to craft it using gold ingots since it only replaces body fat which is practically TT food.

Thanks for the info everyone. I had always thought the Bone Replacement was a useless item, so wondered whether this was a new use for it, and whether that would mean the MBR BPs might start appearing a bit more.

Apparently not - I guess that gap in my book will remain :)

I've seen a few Auktuma Metallic Bone Replacement globals over the past few months. Wonder what he does with it then if it's pointless to make. :scratch2:

He might profit on the TT value :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Metallic bones can be used instead of body fat, in face chair or in body unit.

Body fat being sold at around 300% (was up to 450-500% shortly after the VU 9.0 and it was still not worth using the bones instead of fat) while bones are around 800%.

Star approached to see if it would have been profitable to craft some on a regular basis and sell them to me, but gold price is still too high.

Unless fat goes higher than 800% or gold under 300%, it'll still be more economical to use body fat.

Sorg

Also notice that metalic bones are an exact equivalent of fat ... their TT is 3 or 3.5 times higher than body fat but they increase the SR % by 3 or 3.5 times comparing to body fat ...

so in essance its like crafting 3.5 bags of body fat into a single item

as long as the price is not comparable the beauticians will of course use the cheaper product since it does exactly the same

(and i think the BP was introduced 2 years ago i know Jenna Star Mercury had one then i bought some from her at that time so its been around eversince the beauty proffesions and body fat)

Ido

I have the BP and never used it due to the price of gold.

Would be cool though to replace your arm with a robot arm :rolleyes:
Cyborg/Darth Vader anyone? ;)

Back