Viceroy vs. Ghost

Detritus

Sel-requested Deactivation
Detritus the Troll
I've heard from quite a few people that Viceroy is the best all-around mid armor.

Looking at it side-by-side with Ghost, and also using armor-vs-mob tool on EP, it looks to me like Ghost provides better protection for roughly the same price. Viceroy does have better durability, but that's about it.

What am I missing here?

I have Viceroy and is good armor. Is almost equal with Gremlin as already mentioned, but if tier up your armor, with Viceroy as I did, you loose money!
Gremlin or any other not bound one? you can re-sell it and save bucks instead.

Ghost is a cheap way of getting extra protection when you are first get into being a mid level player. I got my viceroy when it first came out and at first it was just not as good as the Ghost. After a year or so as my skills increased they became more comparable. Now a few years later I only use the Ghost if I need electric protection other than that I generally use Viceroy. Yes it is user bound but more eco than Ghost and I tend to need the acid protection more than the electric

For the viceroy, it is not tradeable indeed. But once you are 'done' with the armor you can get the TT value back from an NPC in Celeste Quarry, but you will lose any MU on the items you used to get it.

For the viceroy, it is not tradeable indeed. But once you are 'done' with the armor you can get the TT value back from an NPC in Celeste Quarry, but you will lose any MU on the items you used to get it.
who's TT a Viceroy? :scratch2: and if we agree that is not an issue, what about a T2 or more? As I said Viceroy is good choice if you plan to...die with it :)

The fact that it's soul-bound doesn't bother me. I was mainly comparing the two because Ghost and Viceroy cost about the same, but most people seem to favor the Viceroy. My initial naive approach was "more protection is better".

I revisited the armor-vs-mobs chart again. For the mobs where Ghost would make a difference, it's only absorbing 5-10 more dmg, which should be manageable, but the cost is an extra 1-2 pecs. My guess is that the slightly better protection from Ghost is not worth the extra defensive costs.

Back