[VIDEO] A Visual Explanation of 11.10.00 Mining Changes

Pianoman178

Old Alpha
Society
Sanctuary
Piano Pianoman Man
Hi all,

I posted this as a reply to another thread, but many people have found it helpful so I don't want it to get buried in the 100 pages of replies.

So here it is:

If you haven't been able to log in yet, this is definitely the video for you.

Thanks for watching :yay:

-Piano

Nice vid even tho i understood the new "mining" by my self, this video is gona help to others :)

can you believe it? got a Poor (IV) claim in ore on FOMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it's very hard for me to believe MA didn't change the claim size of ore

and good job Pianoman your video are fantastic

Hi all,

I posted this as a reply to another thread, but many people have found it helpful so I don't want it to get buried in the 100 pages of replies.

So here it is:

If you haven't been able to log in yet, this is definitely the video for you.

Thanks for watching :yay:

-Piano

Ty piano for the proof in the video that you got a poor on foma on ore, and you didnt even question the size on the mic in the video :(

MODEST was smallest on foma NOT poor :(

I think the mysterious refiner is the TT tailoring refiner ;)
They converted those aswell :)
If noone said already ^^
I guess im too late :laugh:

Oooooh!! I forgot they included tailoring in that as well. That explains it :wise:

Ty piano for the proof in the video that you got a poor on foma on ore, and you didnt even question the size on the mic in the video :(

MODEST was smallest on foma NOT poor :(

I didn't even catch that. I was using OA-103s prior to this video, and didn't realize the change. I sent a support case in to MA about it. We'll see what they say.

Is it possible to find both an ore and enmatter claim with the same drop, if you're searching for both at the same time?

It doesn't seem to be a very smart thing to do, if that's not the case, since it used to be you could find one of each type on the same spot rather frequently. Unless they up the value of the claims according to the increased cost of simultaneous ore+enmat dropping, it may be better to still stick to searching only one type per drop still.

I found a tiny (II) iron, don't ever remember seeing that. So find size might be altered. It was like .43 or .63 TT

Is it possible to find both an ore and enmatter claim with the same drop, if you're searching for both at the same time?

It doesn't seem to be a very smart thing to do, if that's not the case, since it used to be you could find one of each type on the same spot rather frequently. Unless they up the value of the claims according to the increased cost of simultaneous ore+enmat dropping, it may be better to still stick to searching only one type per drop still.

It is definitely possible to find both on the same drop. I've done it several times. I'll see if I can get another short video up tonight with a demonstration.

Yep, usual sizes of ores claims have been changed again on Foma, you can get "poor", but I got also a XI (unamped), which did not happen to me since a very long time..

MA Support said:
Hi,
Thank you for your report, since it is touching the in-world balance of Entropia Universe it will not be possible for us to give you a completely satisfying reply.
As you probably already know, Mindark decided to streamline the mining system to make it easier to use and more prepared for further development, however, please note that we have not made any changes to the resource distribution. The return rate today, calculated as a percentage, is no different from before.
Nevertheless, please rest assured that your concerns have been forwarded to Mindark's development team for their consideration.
Kind regards,
Leslie | Planet Calypso Support

That's the reply I got when asking if my 50% return was a result of the mining being bugged.

I got the reply I expected. Oh well, I have faith in my concerns being forwarded to MA's development team. ;) :lolup:

-Piano

Back