Status

MindBuster

Forum Founder, Administrator
Society
Freelancer
Werty MindBuster Someone
VU 7.4 Content list​

Visual update
Project Entropia has received a general facelift in many areas. Journey around Calypso and experience the wonder for yourself.

Skill experience system update
The Project Entropia skill experience system is updated. It is now adjusted to reward a participant, experience wise, that finds challenging tasks for him- or herself. Performing mundane tasks with low risk will yield less experience. When killing a creature, a skill experience bonus may be acquired. General skill experience is received at a somewhat lesser rate, but often with bigger increase when it occurs. The relative balance is not changed however.

Property access update
The estate terminal has a button for “Restricted” and “Unrestricted” access. While set to Unrestricted, the owner may freely add and remove items or furniture from the property. When set to Restricted, the owner may not add or remove items or furniture from the property.

When you examine an estate deed, you will see the current status on the property, noted as either “Unrestricted” or “Restricted” and a date, based on MA Time (accessed through the “C” key). This is the date when the restriction was applied to the estate. This procedure allows for safe transfers of estates with items attached. If you are on the market for an estate and see an attractive piece of property, you may look it up and see if it comes with items and furniture. If so you can be sure the items are there when you decide to buy the property, as long as you verify the restriction date on the deed being set before you investigated the estate.

Note that when you as a new owner claim your estate, you also manually need to set access to unrestricted in order to begin interaction with the property.

Buffer in the Quickbar
Added a buffer in the Quickbar system, that work when you want to change the item held by your avatar after the currently held item’s reload bar is finished.

Trapped creatures die
After a time period, a trapped creature will die.

Items info available from ground items
Using the right-click menu, you can now access the Items info viewport on items on the ground – giving you the same info as when you right-click on an item in your inventory.

Skill implant more feedback
Added info in the Items info viewport on the Skill implants, to make it extra clear to see if the implant has any skill levels added to it. If so, the line “Loaded” in visible.

Amethera LA-10 Teleporter repaired
At last, the teleporter repairman found his way to the LA-10 teleporter.

Postures added
Two new postures have been added to Project Entropia.

Shed areas added
Land areas added to Amethera, which can be acquired by a single avatar. The Shed area is complete with taxation and land management system.

More Creatures Roaming the wilderness
The overall creature activity on Calypso is increased even more, by some strange notion…

Rader ranges update
As more creatures roam around, the radar range of low-level creatures is decreased, meaning they will not show until you are closer to them. This will increase your client performance.

Music and Sounds
The Project Entropia experience is improved, with new sound effects, ambient sounds, and music.

Added clothes
New pieces of clothing added, which are tailorable, including uniform jackets and pants. The women have new sexy boots available.

Added weapons
New weapons added, including new next-generation plasma weapons.

Added armor
New armor added.

Housing decorations added
Dozens of items designed for making a home nice and comfortable have been added.

General items added
A number of other items added to expand the range of items in Project Entropia.

Visual enhancements
Several areas in Project Entropia, ranging from clothes, avatars, items and nature have been reviewed and updated from a visual standpoint, in order to remove oddities, like holes in clothes etc.

Client stability
Several potential crash issues are removed from the Project Entropia client software.

--

KNOWN ISSUES/MISSING FEATURES

All tailored clothes shown as “Uncolored” in the auction, even if they are colored.

You can’t repair an item with attachments attached to it. You have to detach them prior to repairing.

Shed areas added
Land areas added to Amethera, which can be acquired by a single avatar. The Shed area is complete with taxation and land management system.
Single person landgrabs :eek:

Cool a single person LG

Bummer am stuck at work for 3 more hours yet :mad:

Liking the sounds of the extra bits added, although am worried about the Skills earnt changes, does this mean the end of Fap skilling? :confused:

Shed areas added

WooHooo

About time something came for us freelancers :D

(not that i have the equipment for it though :p )

Way to go MA :thumbup:

The skilling changes mean : the more you put money in PE, the more you will skill up

I LIKE this VU! :D

New Sexy Boots?
THEY HEARD MY PRAYERS! YEA!!
Uniforms? WUHU!

the skill system? Sounds great, now I can hunt and feel good about doing that and not skilling, not the other way around like it used to be for me :D

• Love
Reactions: jak
Yeah this skilling system will be great. Just like in Diablo.
If you kill alot of exa young then you wont get so much exp. :) Sounds very nice.

Do like the update to the skilling systeam, hunting dabki all night was getting boring. Wounder if we will see ubers useing man mph on atox now :D. Also what would the skill gain in the ring be, would it know be higher than that of exo or dabki ?

The most of that VU sounds really nice. :)

But how shall i know what kind of Mob is "Challenging" and what not. ?
Its that a Matter of Skills or Gear or both and when you get the Full Skills ?
Must i do now succide runs just to get Skill... ?

Visual update

As far as i can tell those updates looking great ... Brighter, colorfull etc.

but Hell the Loot seems to got even worse, 15 Mobs killed untill Disco and i got mhh 50 pec ... :/ i one drop ...

So far the System seems to be a bit unstable at the Moment ...

btw ... Hello Forum :)

'bout time... it all looks pretty good...

ok, the rt w/attachments thing i can understand, and i dont even consder it a bug, cause mathematically its a helluvalot harderto do that with more than one item at a time.... but, why still the uncolored bug? could somone explain why that code is so hard to rewrite?

I guess the new visual enhancement now is Wind! What brief moment I was in I saw the grass and trees moving..very nice!

Wonder what thats going to do as far as lag?

It probely isnt hard to alter the code to sort out this bug but in game this complex you have to find what is causing it. There for the time and effort required to fix the problem may outway the benfit of fixing it.

The Whitey said:
As far as i can tell those updates looking great ... Brighter, colorfull etc.

but Hell the Loot seems to got even worse, 15 Mobs killed untill Disco and i got mhh 50 pec ... :/ i one drop ...

So far the System seems to be a bit unstable at the Moment ...

btw ... Hello Forum :)

loots are better, I globaled on fifth mob :p

Darkscorp said:

Nothing, that is purely client side.

Wonder if theres any difference in skillgains in mining? Less on lyst and massive on platinum? :laugh:

Darkscorp said:
I guess the new visual enhancement now is Wind! What brief moment I was in I saw the grass and trees moving..very nice!

And shadows from the trees :D *love this update*

Visual changes sound good, some people where complaning about changes to the looks on cloths. Marco said this was due to shadowing and may be changed since shadow was talking about shadows (no pun intended) maby this will be fixed.

Also like most iam egaily awating more info on sheds :D

Well wouldnt you know... I'm stuck at work. :rolleyes:

Hurry.. someone post some examples of the new skill gains .. I wanna see *jumps up n down* :tongue2:

ultimababe said:
Well wouldnt you know... I'm stuck at work. :rolleyes:

Hurry.. someone post some examples of the new skill gains .. I wanna see *jumps up n down* :tongue2:

I want from 1997 lwt to 2000 in four skillgains. I killed three atrax with _only_ handgun-skillgains. When I killed an atrox young I got three gains in different skills.

Last edited:
I liiiike the new "restless" pose :D

:scratch: here we are drooling bout the wind in the trees and shadows on the wall :D when we only could go outside and experience it first hand without lag....oh, and as far as i know irl havent had a single CTD yet...

...It is not a game...it sure is a lifestyle....right???

Shadow-Ale said:
I want from 1997 lwt to 2000 in four skillgains. I killed three atrax with _only_ handgun-skillgains. When I killed an atrox young I got three gains in different skills.

Thats unbalanced and sucks.If it stays like that you can get 2-3k lwt per day if you hunt long enough :rolleyes:

I worked hard for my LWT and enjoys when it takes 40skillgains to maybe get 1 level

MindArk said:
Added clothes
New pieces of clothing added, which are tailorable, including uniform jackets and pants. The women have new sexy boots available.

lol - what is MA's definition of "sexy"?
That will be funny!!!

psychodelic platforms no doubt :wise:

bluetail said:
:scratch: here we are drooling bout the wind in the trees and shadows on the wall :D when we only could go outside and experience it first hand without lag....oh, and as far as i know irl havent had a single CTD yet...

...It is not a game...it sure is a lifestyle....right???

bah i hate real life and the loot is even worse in real life.

VU looks interesting realy curious to how the skill gain is gonna effect my hunting.

Rader ranges update
As more creatures roam around, the radar range of low-level creatures is decreased, meaning they will not show until you are closer to them. This will increase your client performance.
Yeah right. I just got killed by a "low level" atrax old... He was running at me before I even spotted him on the radar.

As a miner I must say this feature is crap. I usually try to find a way around mobs using the radar, but this is totally impossible now. :(

Last edited:
waving trees and grass are annoying and cause performance issues.

i've spotted a few texture problems;
All machines and terminals at ithaca were black.
window textures on some huts are broken
brigadeer coat looks like someone has thrown white paint down the back.

Bored pose is great. :D

Still no teeth on F avatars.

Ohhhhh well that's just fkn GREAT.. :mad: If mobs arent appearing on the radar.. (and I dont class an Atrox Old as a low level mob *either*) then what the hell bloody use are our long range weapons?????

:cussing: :silly2:

Last edited:
Did I say atrox? I meant atrax... :rolleyes:
Anyway, there are so many mobs that avoiding them is impossible. But the number of mobs were screwed after 7.3 as well, so hopefully it will be ok again tomorrow or something.

Status
Back