VU 9.1 Bug Rollup

You will find I've added a number of your bugs/issues to the list now.

Borr, I think you'll find this is for Bugs and Issues to do with the recent changes in VU9.1. The change to the login procedure qualifies for that.

Not sure what you mean here. I think we can agree it is not a bug (it is a documented feature), it might be the case people have an issue with it though. If that's the goal for your list I'm afraid it can grow very long and unmanageable.

Rep for the effort though, these kinds of things take quite a bit of time.

Would it be good to also list the support number with each issue, so that can be tracked whether an issue is submitted with EU support?

Not sure what you mean here. I think we can agree it is not a bug (it is a documented feature), it might be the case people have an issue with it though. If that's the goal for your list I'm afraid it can grow very long and unmanageable.

I will be trying to qualify the 'issues' as best I can by evaluating whether they are an issue with a new feature or just an issue for someone where they don't like the change because it just doesn't suit them.

Would it be good to also list the support number with each issue, so that can be tracked whether an issue is submitted with EU support?

I'm not going list peoples' personal Support tracking numbers because they are private to that person. All I ask though is that people update me with any status change for the various listed issues, for instance, if the issue have been resolved.

I noticed that component BPs lost its different colors, all are looking yellow, now. The mechanic and metal blueprints look the same like the electronic blueprints.
Same bug we had last VU
LOL

Not a bug I think. The content list said they changed colors on bp's and books to match better. Also, the component bp's are still different even though they are all red/yellow.

Not a bug I think. The content list said they changed colors on bp's and books to match better. Also, the component bp's are still different even though they are all red/yellow.

VU Listing 9.1 said:
Blueprint Books have been recolored to reflect the color of the blueprints they contain.

Agreed, dropping it as a listed bug.

Donno if has been posted yet

* Loots 100's of animal hide, wools and other crap on mobs, making my weight increase by 100kg per 100-150ped approx. Kinda annoying when hunting 300ped per run
* Gun UL HL6 disapear from speedkey placement when repairing
* Mobs run to me, and continue to be running on the spot:confused:

The invisible after teleporting bug is back :eyecrazy:

Had it today several times on a team hunt with some friends ... after tping to the selected area only some where visible. Relog or a tp to another location fixes it

Yeah again a weight problem.... so annoying...

Last time it was the paint cans in VU 9.0 and now the leather and wool.... why don´t those developers at MA think for a minute or don´t they want us to go on long hunts?

I don´t think that the "mobs runnning while standing" is a lag problem. Seems to be just a bug.
The killed Hiryuus falling through the ground is also not a lag problem but a collision problem imho.

Yeah again a weight problem.... so annoying...

Last time it was the paint cans in VU 9.0 and now the leather and wool.... why don´t those developers at MA think for a minute or don´t they want us to go on long hunts?

I don´t think that the "mobs runnning while standing" is a lag problem. Seems to be just a bug.
The killed Hiryuus falling through the ground is also not a lag problem but a collision problem imho.

"mobs runnning while standing" that ain't such a bad thing? :) you can kill bigger mobs easier without getting hit in some time :). I love this bug.
Good job MindArk!

Biggest issue ive experienced other then the random CTD annoying **** outta me is my TP chip locking up on me after several teleports in a row, usually happens after 5th or 6th teleport in row and everytime has locked up when i landed in water after 5th or 6th TP.

It locks me in the charged up state and everytime i unequip it and reequip it stays in that charged state and doesnt allow me to TP.

Is this happening to anyone else?

gonna send this to support later when i get home

"mobs runnning while standing" that ain't such a bad thing? :) you can kill bigger mobs easier without getting hit in some time :). I love this bug.
Good job MindArk!

I found the mobs were running on the spot (I put this down to lag imho) but they were still managing to hit me when appearing to run on the spot whilst being next to me.

They only time they did not hit me is when they physically ran past me (again due to lag imho.)

Are you sure they were not hitting you or were you just lucky with the hits?

Im SOOOOO SICK of rubberbanding in this VU

Im SOOOOO SICK of rubberbanding in this VU

Mob rubberbanding or avatar (or both :D)

Personally I found it was more mobs than people last night. Will have to guage what it's like tonight for myself shortly.

Tried to fly down from cnd today 3 different times and i get left behind :S even when i relog and wait for more than 5 minutes

Issue Description

Pressing Numpad Enter after typing in the Security Code from the Gold Card does not cause the submit action. Manuel pressing of the button is required.

Suggested Solution

Capture the Key Press Event and invoke the same method that the button does if the key pressed is the numpad enter key.

Last edited:
Mob rubberbanding or avatar (or both :D)

Personally I found it was more mobs than people last night. Will have to guage what it's like tonight for myself shortly.

Mostly mobs when theres lootlag (also an bug), you can tag an mob 5 times and then runs past U and outta the screen - and stops right after its outta visible range :(

Issue Description

Pressing enter after typing in the Security Code from the Gold Card does not cause the submit action. Manuel pressing of the button is required.

Suggested Solution

Capture the Key Press Event and invoke the same method that the button does if the key pressed is the enter key.

If you hit normal enter button, it works - if U hit the numpad enter - it doesnt

Not sure if it's a problem for others but while attacking mobs I had 5 crashes in 30 minutes. The first 3 on Daikaba, 1 was on my first molisk (was so close to killing it too) and the last was while running to PA from swamp. On two of the occasions when I logged back in I was dead :(

What would you prefer, Vorg? the system down for a month until ALL kinks are found?:rolleyes:

How about they do a better check for bugs BEFORE rolling it out. Then customers are not down while they fix it.

How about they do a better check for bugs BEFORE rolling it out. Then customers are not down while they fix it.

I appreciate that people have views and opinions on how MindArk should roll out VUs, however I would ask for people to keep the discussion based on the details of the bugs rather than the ethics of software development and releases. Thanks.

hi there..
fun to see how the day after VU we still suffer different abnormal things like ppl still suddenly lift off to the sky, same sound of water everywhere, etc... but now that last time i got d/c (out of many) i was in nymphtown. to my surprise i was at new oxford as i logged on again...

Number of users of EU: 100k+
Number of MA staff: 1k? 10k? (i have no idea)

so instead of us 100k users spending a week finding the bugs, you would prefer the system were down for 3months+, or not updated at all.

Reality check.

Found a bug that when you right click on oil directly in the loot window you won't see the right amount/TT value but the total you have in inventory.

Bug reported to MA.

Client vs Server Avatar & Mob Position syncing issues

Hi there,

Did not go through all the posts so if this has been mentioned, please ignore it.

As you know there seems to be a lot of iceskating going on, call it inertia if you will. When you run in one direction and then turn in another your still siding in the old direction for a little while.

I have also found ontop of this when using a melee weapon, such as a powerfist as I am using at the moment, prior to VU9, if you had a mob (feffoid in my case) on your immediate left hitting you and a mob immediately infront of you that you were attacking;

The mob infront of you naturally would be taking a good 85% of the attacks, with the mob on left would only take hits when it got in the way of swinging its arms or what-not to attack you.

At this time, it seems to be a reverse situation, even when the mob on the left is in it's non-atttack wait cycle state and not swinging around any body parts, it seems to be taking most of the damage and the mob which is in clear attack view infront of you is taking much much less.

This draws me to conclude there is a slight sync problem with the client vs the server PIS (Point in Space) being slightly out of sync.

Just some input I would hope the developers could look into (This is after 9.11 patch btw) this was most apparant 9.1, though has been corrected somewhat, not entirely.

This problem is also occuring on the horizontal causing the avatar to seem like it is vibrating up & down in an attempt to sync with the ground at their current position.

Anyhow, bring on Xmas, bring on the snow, I am enjoying (to a degree) the ice-skating effect. (Doesn't snow here in Australia being summer and all at Xmas :D)

Take Care,
Sparkz

Last edited:
Number of users of EU: 100k+
Number of MA staff: 1k? 10k? (i have no idea)

so instead of us 100k users spending a week finding the bugs, you would prefer the system were down for 3months+, or not updated at all.

Reality check.

Aye Immortal,

Staff at MA is a lot less than 1k :D Though you are totally correct, you can only test an update to such an extent in the lab without a stress test component.

So much coding goes into each update that not all bugs can be ironed out.

The only way this can be done is to do the final updates from bugs found on the live servers under a stress load.

~ Sparkz

PS. CRD will have over 10k workers working on their new Entropia content additions, though the way china does things is on an epic scale to what most of the rest of the world is used to. This can be done thanks to the platform MA has put many many man hours into and creative development along the way.

I agree. It is very difficult if not impossible to test EVERYTHING before releasing it. I think MA do a pretty good job of fixing most of the newly introduced bugs fairly quickly. Of course it could be better, but then again it could be worse, far worse.

Hi there,

Did not go through all the posts so if this has been mentioned, please ignore it.

As you know there seems to be a lot of iceskating going on, call it inertia if you will. When you run in one direction and then turn in another your still siding in the old direction for a little while.

I have also found ontop of this when using a melee weapon, such as a powerfist as I am using at the moment, prior to VU9, if you had a mob (feffoid in my case) on your immediate left hitting you and a mob immediately infront of you that you were attacking;

The mob infront of you naturally would be taking a good 85% of the attacks, with the mob on left would only take hits when it got in the way of swinging its arms or what-not to attack you.

At this time, it seems to be a reverse situation, even when the mob on the left is in it's non-atttack wait cycle state and not swinging around any body parts, it seems to be taking most of the damage and the mob which is in clear attack view infront of you is taking much much less.

This draws me to conclude there is a slight sync problem with the client vs the server PIS (Point in Space) being slightly out of sync.

Just some input I would hope the developers could look into (This is after 9.11 patch btw) this was most apparant 9.1, though has been corrected somewhat, not entirely.

This problem is also occuring on the horizontal causing the avatar to seem like it is vibrating up & down in an attempt to sync with the ground at their current position.

Anyhow, bring on Xmas, bring on the snow, I am enjoying (to a degree) the ice-skating effect. (Doesn't snow here in Australia being summer and all at Xmas :D)

Take Care,
Sparkz

An interesting point, however I believe this to be purely down to lag. My experience last night was largely good and I had few instances of the run past and hopping mobs.

Is the Rep from event participants missing or can I just not find it :confused: It was on the old front page of stats where the name change was. Apparently it shows when I'm scanned

Is the Rep from event participants missing or can I just not find it :confused: It was on the old front page of stats where the name change was. Apparently it shows when I'm scanned

It's on a miscellaneous page in the skills sections I believe.

Back