Walker's Diary

Drave Robber

Alpha
Society
Federation of Free Wanderers
Drave Robber 3rd
Recently, I've been doing quite a lot of foraging to collect stones for my texturizing endeavors (while fruit quietly rots in my storage :D).

Hence, I decided to record my expeditions (for obvious reasons I will not call them 'runs' :D).

Objectives:

1. To feed my texturizing bug.
2. To determine real profitability of foraging with any degree of certainty better than 'it seems'.

Totals:

Expeditions: 12
Time spent: 12 h 04 m

Finds/Amount:

Bombardo: 6/431
Caroot: 2/199
Haimoros: 2/62
Papplon: 5/175
Total fruit: 15/867

Brukite: 1/22
Kaldon: 2/356
Nissit: 0/0
Rutol: 0/0
Sopur: 0/0
Trutun: 0/0
Total stones: 3/378

Dung: 6/661

Last edited:
Expedition #1
Area: NSB/Zeus
Start: Jul 8 01:13 MA time
Duration: 37 minutes
Finds:
Kaldon: 167, 189
Notes:
To all conspiracy theories about 'projects' having better returns I can now add that simply thinking of a 'project' can get you on the roll. Beware FPC's mind scanners :D. The expedition was cut short by two angry berycled providers though.

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Expedition #2
Area: Caravan
Start: Jul 8 06:32 MA time
Duration: 53 minutes
Finds:
Papplon: 68, 36
Dung: 200
Notes:
Much more like an ordinary day... with a huge pile of s**t on top of it.

Recently, I've been doing quite a lot of frolicking to collect stones for my texturizing endeavors (while fruit quietly rots in my storage :D).

I have a secret hope that fruit texture will be available in the future. :rolleyes:

Anyway, gl with your walks & collection!! :)

Expedition #3
Area: Segna
Start: Jul 9 17:32 MA time
Duration: 77 minutes
Finds:
Bombardo: 63
Haimoros: 23
Dung: 71
Notes:
Another pretty poor expedition. Results may have been affected by my headache though.

Expedition #4
Area: Shinook
Start: Jul 10 01:51 MA time
Duration: 55 minutes
Finds:
Caroot: 59
Dung: 91, 23, 100
Notes:
What a crappy place. :D Expedition was cut short due to getting overweight.

Last edited:
Expedition #5
Area: Atlas North to Fishtail
Start: Jul 10 05:05 MA time
Duration: 68 minutes
Finds: none!
Notes:
What am I doing wrong? Is there an invisible "fruit cap"? Should I start developing skillgain foraging theory?

Last edited:
Expedition #6
Area: Fishtail to Argus
Start: Jul 10 17:36 MA time
Duration: 68 minutes
Finds:
Papplon: 9, 31
Notes:
Stones still evade me. Near the end of the world found some small change though, left it there.

Expedition #7
Area: Solfais
Start: Jul 11 13:41 MA time
Duration: 10 minutes :D
Finds:
Brukite: 22
Notes:
Expedition cut short in order to provide fapping service. :)

Expedition #8.1
Start: Jul 12 04:09 MA time
Duration: 60 minutes
Finds: none

Expedition #8.2
(re)Start: Jul 12 05:27 MA time
Duration: 40 minutes
Finds:
Bombardo: 139
Haimoros: 39
Notes: *yawn*

Some say u should do longer "runs" ;D I would be bored to death by now if i were you, i wish you strength to carry on.

Good luck
Uolevi

Expedition #9
Area: Raven Valley
Start: Jul 13 13:13 MA time
Duration: 67 minutes
Finds:
Bombardo: 13
Notes:
I'm not superstitious, but numbers speak for themselves. :D

Expedition #10
Area: NSB/Zeus
Start: Jul 14 04:42 MA time
Duration: 104 minutes
Finds:
Papplon: 31
Bombardo: 55, 127
Notes:
Still poor luck.

Yea, it started good but the next expeditions are quite fruitless. I almost have the feeling that i'm finding a lot more fruits during my mining runs.

It would be nice if you add some info about the average finds per hour and total/average price in ped (approximately) :coffee:

Good luck with the next expeditions! More stones, less dung! :D And some fruits for refreshment :banana:

i'll swop any stones i find for your useless fruit if you like. i use it to fuel my own really exciting pastime of training my pets *chuckle*

i'll leave it to you to figure out a fair exchange rate, those stone price do my head in!

jay

Expedition #11
Area: Caravan
Start: Jul 17 11:40 MA time
Duration: 42 minutes
Finds:
Bombardo: 34
Dung: 176

Expedition #12
Area: Phoenix-Billy's-Orthos
Start: Jul 19 07:43 MA time
Duration: 43 minutes
Finds:
Caroot: 140

i'll swop any stones i find for your useless fruit if you like. i use it to fuel my own really exciting pastime of training my pets *chuckle*

i'll leave it to you to figure out a fair exchange rate, those stone price do my head in!
that would be an excellent deal. auctioneers and street traders take too deep a cut from this kind of stuff...

upon looking at weekly/monthly auction prices of stones (~4.1 pec/piece for nissit and ~6.7 pec/piece for brukite) and assuming real value of fruit at something like nutrio price minus sweetstuff price minus 3%, which yields ~0.67 pec/piece, I offer:

• 7 fruit for 1 nissit
  • 10 fruit for 1 brukite

(street prices yesterday were: fruit 0.5 pec, nissit 2 pec, brukite 5 pec; but I believe nissit is undervalued atm)

that would be an excellent deal. auctioneers and street traders take too deep a cut from this kind of stuff...

upon looking at weekly/monthly auction prices of stones (~4.1 pec/piece for nissit and ~6.7 pec/piece for brukite) and assuming real value of fruit at something like nutrio price minus sweetstuff price minus 3%, which yields ~0.67 pec/piece, I offer:

• 7 fruit for 1 nissit
  • 10 fruit for 1 brukite

(street prices yesterday were: fruit 0.5 pec, nissit 2 pec, brukite 5 pec; but I believe nissit is undervalued atm)

Hmm, well i'm not letting you judge the "real" value of fruit lol. That's a huge overestimate. Consider: it's easy to buy nutrio on auction at around 170%(frequent buy-outs at that price), not hard to get substantially cheaper (eg 160% for large quantities) and price is falling all the time, It's also easy to get fruit on auction at around 0.6, so how you arrived at the figures you did, I don't know.

What's this 3% btw? cost of refining? (maybe a bit too high, but i forget the real figure) Auction fee? (in case i decide to sell the nut bars, but in that case it's much too low a figure. Realistic figure, selling in 1k batches is a little over 8%, cos you have to pay the 50 pec standing charge repeatedly, as well as the 5% on mu. Not that I've sold nut bars. I'm a buyer, not a seller, there. But I have sold ME on auction, which is very similar. And I like to explain this to people, who think that auction prices are a rip-off!). Or is it just a bit of a "discount"? lol

All-in-all, I think the 0.5 street value of fruit is pretty realistic, if we allow nut dealers a bit of a profit, and it only annoys me (on behalf of the noobs) when they try to push it lower

All that said, it sounds like a fair deal anyway. Generosity with stones compensates for meanness with fruit.

I have a bit of brukite in storage atm (about 140 if i remember right) Will look out for you in game

jay

Last edited:
Hmm, well i'm not letting you judge the "real" value of fruit lol. That's a huge overestimate. Consider: it's easy to buy nutrio on auction at around 170%(frequent buy-outs at that price), not hard to get substantially cheaper, and price is falling all the time, It's also easy to get fruit on auction at around 0.6, so how you arrived at the figures you did, I don't know. what's this 3% btw? cost of refining? (prolly a bit too high, but i forget the real figure) auction fee? (in case i decide to sell the nut bars, but in that case it's much too low a figure). Or just a bit of a discount?

rather just a bit of a discount - i know almost nothing about fruit/nutrio market, so i simply tried to apply observed sweat/ME market behavior to that... :D

the higher the markup is, the harder it is to arrive at some estimate of 'real/fair/market clearing value'... :scratch:

refining is 0.031 pec per piece of product with tt refiner and down to 0.021 pec with better refiners.

Last edited:
Gunna keep an eye on this thread :)

Good luck old friend :yay:

rather just a bit of a discount - i know almost nothing about fruit/nutrio market, so i simply tried to apply observed sweat/ME market behavior to that... :D

the higher the markup is, the harder it is to arrive at some estimate of 'real/fair/market clearing value'... :scratch:

refining is 0.031 pec per piece of product with tt refiner and down to 0.021 pec with better refiners.

Thanks for the clarification, Heh looks like you've refined more nutrio than me. Or you analyse figutes more. Or remember them better.

I only really analyse figures when they're crucial to taking some fundamental decicision (eg sell my sweat, or market it as ME? Usr Breer 5a or Korss? ) and having made the decision, i usually clean forget the figures.

I haven't ever analysed fruit/ nutrio very closely, cos I'm gonna feed my pets, and there isn't any profit to be had out of that, whichever way you look at it. I mean, the difference between x PED down the drain and x.03 PED down the drain isn't exactly crucial is it?

And I'm trying to cure myself of the unwholesome attention to irrelevant figures that led me to memorise pi to 100 dp when i was young lol. And i think i've actually done it! I mean, i think i'm in remission (But once a figure junkie, always a figure -junkie, i guess)

But , like you, i certainly noticed the similarities between those two markets, and drew on experience

Heck, i went back to my post and witterered on about it, in brackets even as you replied.

(over-use of brackets is my biggest vice. Well, the biggest vice I'm admitting to, anyway. er, i mean, i apogise for getting so carried away with my afterthoughts that you saw my reply before i'd done. That's bad, even for me)

jay

Recently, I've been doing quite a lot of foraging to collect stones for my texturizing endeavors (while fruit quietly rots in my storage :D).

Hence, I decided to record my expeditions (for obvious reasons I will not call them 'runs' :D).

Objectives:

1. To feed my texturizing bug.
2. To determine real profitability of foraging with any degree of certainty better than 'it seems'.

Totals:

Expeditions: 12
Time spent: 12 h 04 m

Finds/Amount:

Bombardo: 6/431
Caroot: 2/199
Haimoros: 2/62
Papplon: 5/175
Total fruit: 15/867

Brukite: 1/22
Kaldon: 2/356
Total stones: 3/378

Dung: 6/661

Interesting resoults... for comparison, my resoults of a 2,5h walk:

Expeditions: 2
Time spent: 2h 48min

Finds/Amount:

Bombardo: 1/311
Caroot: 2/112
Haimoros: 0/0
Papplon: 2/78
Total fruit: 5/501

Brukite: 0/0
Kaldon: 2/299
Total stones: 2/299

Wonder if you missed any of the finds on your way or were you just unlucky or was I very lucky during the search ;)

Back