Wanna skill HG, which weapon is to use!?

Daywalker

Guardian
Most of the time Zeus - TI or CP now and then...
Society
Entropia Movers [EM]
"Neo" Daywalker Blade
Hi there!

As you can see in the headline, I wanna pick up some HG skills. I'm in the EU for about half a year now and got no skills in HG. For the moment I've just been skilling on LBs, but there aren't that much blades ingame. So I'm thinking about changing my focus on HG.

Some more information:
My rifle and laser/blp weapon technology skill is also pretty low. Of course there are different ways to skill, the cheaper and more economical way, or the fast and expensive way. I would like to find a path between, if possible ;)

Please give me some thoughts about this topic. Like which weapon would be a nice choice, maybe which mob will fit to the gun and give me some nice skill gains. Now it's your turn, thx in advance for all your thoughts on this one...

i started on the p3a and maxed it out and moved on to a korss 350(L) now, and later 380 and then 400.

many have said that that should be the best way

(i had about 300 HG skills when starting with the breer p3a)

There are great options for skilling handgun, many more than for rifle. How you do it depends on how much you want to spend, and what your specific goals are.

For me, the important considerations have been economy of hunting and economy of skillgains, plus wanting to gain skills in laser, blp, and plasma tech.

Because economy is important, I look for what learning gun I currently have about 85%-99% maxed. This gives me good economy plus the skill increase bonus.

Skill Path for Laser handguns:
tt-handgun
Breer P1a
Breer P2a
Breer P3a
Korss 350
Korss 380
Breer P4a
Korss 400
Breer P5a

Skill Path for BLP handguns:
Emik s30
Svempa s40
Emik s50
Svempa s60
Svempa T5
Emik T10
Svempa T15

Skill Path for Plasma handguns:
Willard Heatray A
Willard Heatray B

Skill Path for Mixed handguns:
Start with the tt handgun if you have not yet maxed that. You will need to stick with low-end mobs to get the best skills from it, and be patient, cause it takes forever to kill stuff.

Once I had maxed the tt gun, I moved to the Breer P1a (with a101), while using the Emik s30 for finishing, since it only uses one ammo and builds blp skill.

After maxing the P1a, the P2a is the next step, using the a102 amp. After I maxed the HA on that, I used the plasma Willard Heatray A as main skilling gun, with Svempa s40 and Emik s30 for finishing.

I'm now ready for the Breer P3a, and I think the Willard Heatray B will come after that. Somewhere in there I will probably become good enough with the Svempa that I will focus on skilling it.

Others who are further along the skilling path can probably add to this as well :)

One other thing to consider:
You mentioned that your rifle is low, so perhaps you have not unlocked marksmanship yet. You might consider sticking with one line of weapons at least until you unlock that skill (around 1400-1500 laser rifle)

Best of luck!

Once you max korss 400, I would invest in a improved ep-21 great econ, rapid fire and very very low decay.

Thx for your answers so far! :)

This one could be pretty hard for me, since I was able to kill some higher maturities of Trax with my Determination. Now skilling on rifle and HG will drop me down the ladder for some time, but in the end it'll be the right choice.

Because there are much much more weapons to choose from and HGs are that fast, that's what I like about them...

btw: Please keep on posting in this thread, because every single point of view will help me out!

emm, as you have been a blade hunter for a while, you'll have quite some anatomy&combat reflexes skills. Those skills are very important when using a handgun/rifle. So it might be the case you already have maxed quite some (L) guns, without having any ltw/bpw and handgun/rifle.

Have a look at those limited weapons. You will likely have an active skill increase bonus for hit, but not for damage anymore (depending on how much anatomy you have). If you want to skill HG not too uneconomical (by using a regular handgun) but not too 'boring' as well (by using a maxed weapon), pick a gun that has a skill increase bonus active for hit, but not anymore for damage - or close to 'not anymore'.

And in case you want to do it fast, to be able to use L guns that have some power, you can always get a cheap ep-21 or so (tt+2, or loot one). That will give you a nice kickstart.

One very important thing you should decide is: blp or laser
the skilling path with laser is maybe slightly more smooth - i havent been looking at blp, but afaik there are more high end blp guns than laser guns.

Once you max korss 400, I would invest in a improved ep-21 great econ, rapid fire and very very low decay.

Yes the Imp 21 is great (I have one as my main HG) but I would recommend sticking with the H400 until at least 4.0 HA and 12.2 min dmg on the Imp. This seems to leave me about the same average result from a hunt with either taking market costs for the H400 into account. Before these levels I recommend using the H400, shortly after these the cheap decay on the Imp seems to be having a small but noticable effect which hopefully will grow as my skills improve. I bought my Imp a year or so before the H400 appeared and I instantly switched when I saw the difference the extra stats made, now that difference seems to be balanced so I have dusted the Imp off and recharged the power cells.

Oh, and whatever you do, don't look at the slightly lower but very similar appearing stats on the Adj M2722. The end result of using the M2722 is nowhere near the same and the extra ped on the Imp 21 would not be wasted due to extreme savings in decay.

Thx once more! :yay:

Haven't been able to play much the last view days. When I was ingame, I've been on hunting trips with my axes and the Determination.

My rifle skills is at about 1K, so i haven't unlocked Marksmanship yet. Bought a EWE 22 a long time ago, but I think it wouldn't be a good choice to use it with current skills.

Have looted some EWE 21 and FreanD Alpha from Argo's. There are also following weapons inside my storage: Omegaton M2722 and a low value Korss 350 (13 PED).
As I can remember I won't get the skill bonus (damage I think) on the Korss yet.

Now you know a little bit more about my situation. What would be the right weapon choice? Should I start hunting with HG, or better unlock Marksmanship at first and gain some more Aim skills with my Opalo/Mk. II combo!?

Still very happy to get some other or further opinions on this one, keept it hot... :D

I RECOMMEND UNLOCKING MARKSMANSHIP FIRST...

U will get the benefits of MMS very quickly as u have 1k rifle and unlocking will be easy with the rifle. Then dont start with the korss series, instead; start using BreerP3a until u max H380(L).

When u max 380(L), you can start using that, but you will also see that it is rarely found on the market. It is not very much in the auction either..

You can loot it ofc, but with P3a it will be hard to stand against any Bristlehog or Feffoids. Start using your Korss350(L) at this stage, and keep an eye out at Twin Peaks TP for good tt+ prices for Korss380(L),

For 380(L), u have to put a A103 or similar amp on it. Otherwisee u wont have effiiciency.

This is a tough crossroad when u max Korss380(L), cause it is hard to find in the market. Also u must keep on firing HG all the time, because later u will unlock RDA(Ranged Damage Assessment) which is very very useful and a great advantage to have( you will notice:))

I used Korss380(L) for a while, but couldnt find a new one fast and i remember myself waiting at Twin Peaks and auction for 3-4 hours for a new gun, so i missed prime time for hunting many days(Argos giving globies and u are waiting at the city, believe me it is annoying), when i hardly got a gun,
the loot was gone...

Now i started to use my Ep-21 at HA 2.2, i know it is a bit early, but at least i now dont have to pay for a (L) gun every night, i am missing some shots for now, but it is little money for me compared to buy a high markup 380 or 400.

Last edited:
FreanD Alpha BLP pistol is pretty nice and fun thing to use btw.. I use it about 1,5 weeks already and havent repaired it all..if you have it, give it a try :) It fires bursts, so It would be best if you fire very close range to avoid wasteing ammo.. low maturity daikis, berycles, exaros, molisks, faucervixes are good targets..
if all shots from burst hit your target then it does pretty nice damage :)

Last edited:
I think I'll unlock Marksmanship at first, then I'll start skilling on HG!

If you think this could be a mistake, just write down your thoughts about it. Any advice is welcome... :wtg:

Thanks for bringing this into discussion. I started skilling on LB and found out advices that is better to swich to long range weapons due to the fact that there are not good enogh weapons to use later on on LB. I started with opalo amped with amp 101 and noticed an increase at the stats on the TT handgun too. I tried using that too but is so boring - takes a lot to kill a snableshot :).

I tryied Frean Alpha looted from an Argo and found it interesting, but I suppose is not the most economical way to skill on BLP.

I will be following your thread to find out more. Good Luck and may the Hof be with you!

i skilled on rifle with opalo then mk2 until i reached marksmanship and decided to switch to hg which i had a little experience in i started off with p1 then p2a then p3a, i just maxed p3a and am gonna head to korss series now. Has worked well for me just my 2 pecs.

FreanD Alpha BLP pistol is pretty nice and fun thing to use btw.. I use it about 1,5 weeks already and havent repaired it all..if you have it, give it a try :) It fires bursts, so It would be best if you fire very close range to avoid wasteing ammo.. low maturity daikis, berycles, exaros, molisks, faucervixes are good targets..
if all shots from burst hit your target then it does pretty nice damage :)

If you like the FreanD Alpha my advice would be sell it at the tt and buy yourself a FreanD Alpha Mentor Edition at auction.

It will cost you about tt+5 peds and you get 1 extra damage, 5.5m extra range and 4 extra attacks per minute for the same amount of ammo.
If you get bored of it you should be able to sell it at auction again for about the same amount.

Back