Warning! : Potential bug/exploit of Auction bug and GSIs

Hansi

Dominant
Check out this two auctions i just saw...

It seems that the "auction stack size bug" , that have been previously discussed somewere, also applys to skill chips!

I myself have not tried to buy though. but it appeared many did.

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]
The above image is of when i initially discovered it.

The below is after a relog
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

I edited out the sellers names so far, to avoid accusing anyone in case this is a mere visual glitch. :wise:

False alarm :)
It appears that changing server makes it display correct again :confused:

Ok, thanks anwyay. Good to know someone if keeping thier eye on things for us :D

Hansi said:
False alarm :)
It appears that changing server makes it display correct again :confused:

false alarm? that should never happen... you did great for keeping an eye out... changing servers shouldnt affect this... what if you had bid on it...?

hopefully you have reported this to MA? rep for you.

Dosent the auction have its own server this should not happon should it,
what if someone bids gose for a hunt gose to another auction and sees that they are bidding on an empty chip, i know i would be to happy :(

jena said:
Dosent the auction have its own server this should not happon should it,
what if someone bids gose for a hunt gose to another auction and sees that they are bidding on an empty chip, i know i would be to happy :(

hmmm.. i think i read somewhere that regardless of what it says it still works at what it says? Def a bug tho. Needs reported! The more people report it the quicker it gets fixed! (still waiting for the scissors fix tho :()

Suicide

Suicide said:
hmmm.. i think i read somewhere that regardless of what it says it still works at what it says?

Suicide

Yup, its been like this for a while. If you actually do buy the chip though, you'd have to relog before you implant though or else you wouldn't get an skill gain (oddly enough the chip will still be in the implanter waiting to be inserted after you relog)

in that second screenie you took i think i was te top bidder at the time, does it have the same properties as a GSI?

if you insert one of those bugged chips right after you buy it, youll get the usual skill transfer interface, cuz the game thinks its a gsi at that point. if you relog after buying it, then everything will get fixed and you can insert it at that point, after you relog. i just recently bought one of those bugged chips, and the above is just what happened. just relog when you buy it.

Back