We need a stopwatch mode!!!

PW3CKA

Elite
Society
Entropy
Pecka ecka Martinek
Hello all,

I am an old pro-gamer, used to play Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory on competitive level for some years.
In past few days i did some Fortress Events, and of course as an active pro-gamer i have following suggestion.

What this game had and what is needed here in EU for fortress events is a Stopwatch mode.

What does it mean?

You have two teams A and B. The fight is a 2 round match.

1st round team A attacks and team B defends. The objective is to destroy main control room and the time limit is 15 minutes. Now lets say team A finish the objective in 10 minutes.

2nd round. The sides are changed now its the team B attacking and team A defending. Team B has only 10 minutes to complete the objective as this time was set by team A during the first round. In case team B beats the time they win. In case they don't they loose and its 1:0 for team A.

(If both teams are not successful to do the objective in 15 minutes its a draw)

If we would implement this, the game would need a lot of tactic, team play and it would be playable let's say 6 vs 6 players. Because of low number of players needed it would be simple to start new leagues and pro-teams ;)

STOPWATCH MODE = RISE OF PVP AND FUN IN EU!!! ;)

Give me your vote, support case is being formed and will be on way to MA/FPC ;) ( I believe its not so hard to implement this ; )

PS: you can imagine the future, more forts = more maps, leagues, tournaments, GLORY! :)

I think its a good idea , however , if for example team B have paticipants that can go through Team A like a hot knife through butter , it realy makes no sense.
:twocents:

I am an old pro-gamer, used to play Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory on competitive level for some years.
In past few days i did some Fortress Events, and of course as an active pro-gamer i have following suggestion.

What this game had and what is needed here in EU for fortress events is a Stopwatch mode.

as with every other fps game players have exactly the same attributes to use, any advantages were down to the personal skill of the player. Everyone had access to the same weapons and armor, they all have the same HP.

You can't apply any of that to EU. If you could limit everyone to the same levels, abilities, HP and skill thats one way of achieving it but you'll end up with a poor fps clone. They've improved things slightly but we don't even have hit boxes, shoot someone in the foot gives the same damage as shooting someone point blank in the face. You can't even crouch or lie down to snipe.

To fix pvp in EU will take more than a stopwatch.

If you want a stopwatch mode then why not a beacon style mission that's team based. Where you have to fight through mob waves or fight through as many levels as you can before the timer runs out.

Last edited:
What was your ET nick ?:p

this kind of games could happen if they implemented a paintball arena or similar where everyone uses same gun and equipment (rented and only usable in the arena).

This could open a way to all kind of fun and BALANCED events based only on personal skills and not on wallet size.

You would pay a fee to enter the arena and in exchange receive the equipment and ammo to use for one hour or so.

Guys, you talk a lot about balancing, but please currently its the same situation.. You are not balancing anything... With will of participants event organizer can switch people who agree on.

So i would left out balancing issues.. Its about the players (btw MA auto-balance sux, but it cant work as it is not taking into consideration equipment and RL skills). Also if they will implement stopwatch mode i am willing to run some leagues, where of course you can apply euqip restrictions ;)

The big advantage in stopwatch mode is that the fortress event would be playable even 3on3 and there would be a lot more tactic involved ( both attacking and deffending tactics )

Also i believe it is nothing hard to implement it...

What i was just thinking that would be cool is that attacking team should have respawns also outside of fortress..

Lets say that there would be a claim marker in the middle of the map, that you can take over by capturing it (standing next to it for lets say 30 seconds ) . When you have it captured your forces will respawn there and you will have it much closer to deffenders fortress..

Another "a must" thing is automatic invite to vehicles secondary seats for team members... This is something thats pretty much missing.

All these things are simple to implement as MA/FPC already has the needed pieces ( almost ) and it wil only make things better, trust me :)

Of course the stopwatch mode would be optional and you will still be able to select this rather stupid "everybody attacks" mode.

Also prizes should be set for winning team, and we should have option to see kill/death ratio for give game...

LETS MAKE THIS SHIT BETTER ! :p

The big advantage in stopwatch mode is that the fortress event would be playable even 3on3 and there would be a lot more tactic involved ( both attacking and deffending tactics )

I like where this is going. Right now the fort event feels like a free-for-all with everyone rushing around doing their own thing. And the forts are HUGE! This suggestion would allow the teams to alternately concentrate on offense or defense. +rep

Sam Panda

2 words... ping times...

Sweden/ Norway area...5ms to 15 ms.......
USA areas.... 125 to 145 ms
Austrailia Areas 150--300ms+

Nother rules for those closest to the servers to have advantage just unbalances things more so then they already are...

Thats why I never mine in pvp because usually some one on the other side of the pond has killed me before their green dot even shows up on radar... Ill pass on this idea.

2 words... ping times...

Nother rules for those closest to the servers to have advantage just unbalances things more so then they already are...

Thats why I never mine in pvp because usually some one on the other side of the pond has killed me before their green dot even shows up on radar... Ill pass on this idea.

Yes, I forgot about that. It's the main reason why I don't take part in boxing events at rings anymore, I'm allways punching air.

2 words... ping times...

This game will never be a good FPS, but while we have it in our universe why not to have some fun sometimes..

And the fun can be much much better with stopwatch mode :p

PS: Also for better gameplay they should make fortress events instance based.. And have a good separate servers for it :)

Yes, I forgot about that. It's the main reason why I don't take part in boxing events at rings anymore, I'm allways punching air.

Yes, this sux big time....

Back