Question: Weapon Economy Enhancers for limited Weapons

LeeLoo Faith

ColorManiac
Society
OldTimers
LeeLoo LeeLoo Faith
Every time my limited gun breaks I have the problem to find a new one ..
Sometimes there are none of those I have maxxed in auction or with super high markup. :mad:

also all the new weapons and names making it hard for me to know which ones are the highest ones that I have maxxed. :eyecrazy:

on Arkadia it was even worse, choice of weapons there was rather smaaaaaall ...

Then I got the idea to use Weapon Economy Enhancer so it would last longer.
Who tried that yet? Does it work?

ofc Problem could be that you need to tier it to be able to put the Enhancers on, but they say they reduce Ammo burn and deterioration. Did anyone test how much they reduce deterioration?

Would be neat if it would take 1/3 longer until the weapons would break ... ?

Sometimes there are none of those I have maxxed in auction or with super high markup. :mad:

also all the new weapons and names making it hard for me to know which ones are the highest ones that I have maxxed. :eyecrazy:

ofc Problem could be that you need to tier it to be able to put the Enhancers on, but they say they reduce Ammo burn and deterioration. Did anyone test how much they reduce deterioration?

Info on entropedia says they reduce total cost (so both amo and decay) in amount of -1% per enhancer. So max you can get is -10% so not even close to 1/3.

Imho they are not worth using at all (unless on very big and very high markup guns - but who uses them anyway) because markp on them is crazy.

Falagor
:bandit:

Info on entropedia says they reduce total cost (so both amo and decay) in amount of -1% per enhancer. So max you can get is -10% so not even close to 1/3.

Imho they are not worth using at all (unless on very big and very high markup guns - but who uses them anyway) because markp on them is crazy.

Falagor

oh yeah I checked auction for those enhancers and their markup is insane!

Suggest trying accuracy enhancers instead for an effective increase in dpp. Your weapon wont last any longer but you will get more kills per weapon and at half the MU of eco enhancers.

Suggest trying accuracy enhancers instead for an effective increase in dpp. Your weapon wont last any longer but you will get more kills per weapon and at half the MU of eco enhancers.

nice tip.

how exactly do those work? you get more damage per hit or more crits, less misses/evade ?

nice tip.

how exactly do those work? you get more damage per hit or more crits, less misses/evade ?

They add to critical chance and do not cause extra decay nor amo use (oposite to damage enhancers).

Whats the increase in crit chance you may ask. My answer is: i am not sure:

from my tests
  • 0/10 crit chance means 1% criticals will happen
  • 10/10 means 2%
Each enhancer adds +2 to crit chance but...
at 20/20 (so 5 accu enhancers) i had something around 3.5-4% crit. If the formula would continue linear it should be only 3%. I do not remember the sample but it was big enough. So here comes the confusion ;).

They are actually good imho - best way: test it on your weapon setup (remember that break rate is different for each weapon setup) and measure if they are good or bad for ya ;). Do like 20k peds test run with ehancers and coutn how many broke.

Falagor

so I tried it with econonmy enhancers and must say I am pleased...
the Guns and also swords do last longer definatly.

especially now on a weeks trip to Cyrene that was very handy that the Aves and the Rutic Kil was lasting so long!
and until now (2 broken swords, 3 broken aves) just ONE enhancer did break.

I bought a few (about 20 tier 1 and 15 tier 2) so will take a while till they are all gone and then I will try those accuracy enhancers :ahh:

A craftable -one use- trade terminal value doubler [L] would come in handy here.

hai LeeLoo, gotta say, out of all the planets both RT and Ark have a far higher useful shop sales to empty/useless/too expensive shop sales ration than Caly. The auction at the other planets is disappointing for sure, but go and check out Tangerine on RT or Celeste Harbour on Ark (or stalls at Quarry) and you'll be presently surprised at how reasonable the guns and armour are. Many many many times I've found little gems for cheaper than MU.. I bought a Paradox (M) helmet for way under MU price in Celeste Harbour not far from my apartment. There's Breers, Apis, Baringers, knives, swords, knuckles, clubs, chips (no fish to go with them!) etc. and all the enhancers that you could throw a stick at and as people on these planets are generally regular and busy players if something is too high or auction price has significantly dropped recently... just add the seller, negotiate and 9/10 you'll get price brought down to an agreeable level.

There are indeed many guns though, thank goodness for Entropedia to tell me decay and dam/pec (eco for those who don't know) of the guns and therefore can work out what is best.

BTW LeeLoo I know you all of what I just said, mainly for the benefit of others reading who might not know :D but if you not visited so many shops on Ark, defo check em out. I often run about when I has spare ped trying to get ahold of some Stabbies before Helenda FRA snaffles them =P She's my stabbing heroine ^^;

Edit: Also I've used eco before on guns but they are bloody expensive, was at least 600% when I bought them for level I and they actually broke really really fast. I'm tempted to get some more as several VU have been since then including VU14 so there might well have been a change for the good regarding this particular enhancer.

Last edited:
thx Lardinho, in fact I have to admit I did not check many shops on RT or Ark, always tried auction to get new gear. thats because on Caly its often so tiring and useless to run around tons of shops to find nothing useful/reasonable priced.. so shops are little out of my sight .. but will try to remember checking the shops when traveling to other planets again!

Back