Weapons Question and Unlimited Vs Limited

So I am playing pretty regular, i tend to go for 1 or 2 hours take a break and log back on and go for another 1 or 2 hours till late night then i might stay on for 3 or 6 hours.

so i just hit lvl 7 laser sniper and lvl 5 in the Dmg or Hit i cant remember which one lags behind the other.

Anyways i am using two unlimiteds, depending on mob either my Z11, or the mission one from icarus. but because my Dodge and Evade are almost equal to my lvl SKILL IMPLANTS.

i want to drop bigger mobs.

But i cant find lvl equiv weapons....on AH or anyone on Trade who does not think its worth a tiny fortune. like a SI scorpion someone had did slightly more damage for a lvl 5, but wanted 300 PED. i was like NOPE!

but then there are other weapons that are WAY ABOVE my lvl and useless and LIMITED cause i cant get the damage they put out, and not to mention the AMMO BURN.

I also never mentioned I have Aspergers or on the ASD spectrum. so i do not like to continually change things.

I prefer to use the same weapon for as long as i can, and then keep it as a memory.

So where do i find, or get more Unlimited weapons on par with my lvl, so i can kill bigger stuff. or find decently priced weapons that are Limited or dropped in my lvl range. that i can use till their trashed.

I am not a fan of buying Limited already, cause the cost Vs loot and ammo cost, well the math says at my lvl 99.9% of the time, i am going to be in the Negitive for PED. and steadily lose money. over gaining small amounts.

I already LEARNED 2 things.
1. if i want to stay ammo postive, i kill on caly
2. if i want to make loot go to cyrene.

and on cyrene i can average 20-50 ped per hour in loot drops. ammo either breaks even, or is at a 10% to12% diminish. meaning if i start the hunt with 10k rounds after converting scrap i tend to come back to around 9k sometimes a bit less 8800 the worst return i got thus far was 20% diminishing ammo.

SO whats better, keeping unlimited guns and eventually pay the investment off. or using limited
and where do i freaking get better guns. in my lvl range.
cause several of the missions i have done give skills, but some goodies would be nice?

I would suggest two routes:

1. Grind Daily Tokens on Calypso from The Gauntlet, Daily Mission Terminal, Argonaut Cave, Feffoid Cave, Feffoid Pit and Monria. You'll always have something to do and a steady flow of weapons that not only last 20,000 to 24,000 shots but they also scale with your level.

2. Find a Blueprint(s) that you can continually gather resources for which you then manufacture and become self sustainable in the sense that you can make your own gear and/or sell what you make to market and/or sell leftover resources you find while gathering your targetted ones.

Last edited:
I would suggest two routes:

1. Grind Daily Tokens on Calypso from The Gauntlet, Daily Mission Terminal, Argonaut Cave, Feffoid Cave and Monria. You'll always have something to do and a steady flow of weapons that not only last 20,000 to 24,000 shots but they also scale with your level.

2. Find a Blueprint(s) that you can continually gather resources for which you then manufacture and become self sustainable in the sense that you can make your own gear and/or sell what you make to market and/or sell leftover resources you find while gathering your targetted ones.
but with my mentor away on work, and not able to log in, i am not sure where to go and what to do. and some videos on these subjects are LONG WINDED without reason. and trying to find easy to understand to the point videos, well they are like a scavenger hunt.

Okay now this is a very nice topic because I think it encompasses a lot.

Let us start with the facts
1. You have a couple of unlimited items.
2. You want to kill bigger mobs.
3. You don´t like to change things around on account of your diagnosis.
4. You think that what people are asking for guns is outrageous

So lets start from the top

1. You have a couple of unlimited guns;
That is great. Use them. The main benefits to using unlimited items is that there is no markup (Meaning, you are not paying excess for your damage output) and availability (meaning that there is no shortness of supply, like what can be observed with limited guns at times)

2. You want to kill bigger mobs;
Yes. We all want to kill bigger mobs. Not necessarily because they are better (sometimes they aren´t) but because progression is a very prevalent driving factor in this game. Going bigger means you´ve progressed. The problem(or the fun part) with this game is that progressing your character skills and equipment is not enough. You have to simultaneously grow your PED-card. The bigger the creature you want to hunt, the more PED you need to have on your PED-card. You see, this game is marathon, not a sprint. You need to, if you have not already, sit down with your mentor and make a progression plan, tailored to your desires. Your mentor needs to advise you that you can either progress cheaply/for free or quickly.

This can be both a blessing and a curse in this game. Like I mentioned in the previous point this game is a marathon. It seems like that would be something that is beneficial to someone who is not prone to change. On the other hand, opportunities (Markup opportunities, we'll get to this later) can change rather rapidly in some cases, especially if you don´t have a lot of bankroll. In the end, your diagnosis is a blessing and a curse that you will, just like in real life, have to learn to deal with in this game, for better or for worse.

4. You think that what people are asking for guns is outrageous;
This game has a decently high barrier to entry for someone who is looking to get into hunting. This is partly because hunting is the most "engaging" of the three main professions and partly because of what can be achieved at the high end of hunting. Mining has a much lower economical barrier to entry but is less engaging. Crafting has always been touted as the most expensive profession to get into, but at this point I am no longer as certain. There is also a point to consider that the reason people are asking for this amount, is that items have likely sold close to that price range recently.

Still on the topic of expensive guns;
The only time you realistically want to buy an unlimited gun is when it provides an advantage over the limited guns. Now this game is decently complex, there is always multiple factors to consider. But at your current level of play, all you really have to consider is "how much extra am I paying?" for limited guns. You have to realize that any markup you spend on limited guns is lost. That money has gone to another player. This is another thing you should be discussing with your mentor.

Here are some other tips;
Once again, this is a marathon game. Don´t rush into the big mobs. It is likely going to cost you more than it is worth in entertainment value. Take it slow. Use your barbarella for long while. Hunt the small mobs. Learn the real game. The real game is trading. Your job here, if you want to progress, is to build your PED-card. The only way to build your PED-card is to make money selling what you generate to other players. So in essence your job is to convert your ammo and decay into as much extra value as possible (extract as much markup as possible) and only ever progress when your PED-card has grown with you.

There is so much more to write on this topic, most of which should be covered by your mentor, but I don´t have time right now.

Best of luck to you!

but with my mentor away on work, and not able to log in, i am not sure where to go and what to do. and some videos on these subjects are LONG WINDED without reason. and trying to find easy to understand to the point videos, well they are like a scavenger hunt.
I seemingly deleted my in game note with waypoints to the various mission brokers offering Daily Tokens on Calypso and Monria. Perhaps someone else can offer the list of waypoints here before I'm able to.

For the Daily Mission Terminal ones, have a look here to find locations to creatures it asks you to kill, you'll need to explore a bit so grab yourself a flying vehicle:

For Blueprints, have a look here and filter Name = (L) and Source = Crafted. Click the + to get 2 filter options. Then you can sort the table by profession level and find the blueprints from which they are crafted. Be careful though as there's some blueprints that no longer drop and some resources that no longer drop as well. A safe bet is the ArMatrix line of weapons and I think Cyrene, Toulan and Arkadia still have both the blueprints and resources that drop.

Once you find that, next stop is here to find what mining resources are found on what server (the game is broken up into individual square servers which have various mining resources on them)

On the main page (mininglog.com), right side column it will show you the minimum depth required to find the resource you're looking for. You'll notice the mining finders have an AVG search depth and this is typically similar to weapon damage ranges, where there is a min and max damage. You can assume the finder avg depth is the mid range of the scale, so 200m avg depth finder will have a range of somewhere between 100-300m depth.

As you go mining and find resources you want to target, right click the claim in your inventory and select create waypoint. Then open your map, copy the waypoint and save it in your notes. You can use the mininglog software to do this for you automatically but it's a unofficial third-party app. You can return there again in a day or so and try mining that area again.

After you have enough resources for about 5-10 crafting attempts (you'll see 3-4 out of 10 successful attempts) you then have your gear. Save the Residues you find manufacturing the components needed to manufacture the item you're after as you can use the residue to add to your crafting attempt to produce a full TT (L) item vs a ~25% TT one without residue.

Hope that helps!

Last edited:
Okay now this is a very nice topic because I think it encompasses a lot.

Let us start with the facts
1. You have a couple of unlimited items.
2. You want to kill bigger mobs.
4. You think that what people are asking for guns is outrageous

So lets start from the top

1. You have a couple of unlimited guns;
That is great. Use them. The main benefits to using unlimited items is that there is no markup (Meaning, you are not paying excess for your damage output) and availability (meaning that there is no shortness of supply, like what can be observed with limited guns at times)

2. You want to kill bigger mobs;
Yes. We all want to kill bigger mobs. Not necessarily because they are better (sometimes they aren´t) but because progression is a very prevalent driving factor in this game. Going bigger means you´ve progressed. The problem(or the fun part) with this game is that progressing your character skills and equipment is not enough. You have to simultaneously grow your PED-card. The bigger the creature you want to hunt, the more PED you need to have on your PED-card. You see, this game is marathon, not a sprint. You need to, if you have not already, sit down with your mentor and make a progression plan, tailored to your desires. Your mentor needs to advise you that you can either progress cheaply/for free or quickly.

This can be both a blessing and a curse in this game. Like I mentioned in the previous point this game is a marathon. It seems like that would be something that is beneficial to someone who is not prone to change. On the other hand, opportunities (Markup opportunities, we'll get to this later) can change rather rapidly in some cases, especially if you don´t have a lot of bankroll. In the end, your diagnosis is a blessing and a curse that you will, just like in real life, have to learn to deal with in this game, for better or for worse.

4. You think that what people are asking for guns is outrageous;
This game has a decently high barrier to entry for someone who is looking to get into hunting. This is partly because hunting is the most "engaging" of the three main professions and partly because of what can be achieved at the high end of hunting. Mining has a much lower economical barrier to entry but is less engaging. Crafting has always been touted as the most expensive profession to get into, but at this point I am no longer as certain. There is also a point to consider that the reason people are asking for this amount, is that items have likely sold close to that price range recently.

Still on the topic of expensive guns;
The only time you realistically want to buy an unlimited gun is when it provides an advantage over the limited guns. Now this game is decently complex, there is always multiple factors to consider. But at your current level of play, all you really have to consider is "how much extra am I paying?" for limited guns. You have to realize that any markup you spend on limited guns is lost. That money has gone to another player. This is another thing you should be discussing with your mentor.

Here are some other tips;
Once again, this is a marathon game. Don´t rush into the big mobs. It is likely going to cost you more than it is worth in entertainment value. Take it slow. Use your barbarella for long while. Hunt the small mobs. Learn the real game. The real game is trading. Your job here, if you want to progress, is to build your PED-card. The only way to build your PED-card is to make money selling what you generate to other players. So in essence your job is to convert your ammo and decay into as much extra value as possible (extract as much markup as possible) and only ever progress when your PED-card has grown with you.

There is so much more to write on this topic, most of which should be covered by your mentor, but I don´t have time right now.

Best of luck to you!
Thank you this is amazing information and to the point.

1. i do and i will use them as long as i can, even it means walking instead of running. but are there missions to get better unlimited weapons?
2. I will at some point, seeing now i need to walk not run.
3. yes i like to find a working method and stick to it, but negative's like you said.

4. yes in some cases its too much for a L weapon. cause its a total profit loss. the gun goes bye bye and if there is only the same with higher Mark up i lose more. say Gun X is 24TT but is selling for 30PED, if it were unlimited im only out 24, instead of 30. this also does not account for ammo cost, and IF i will make that back in the hunt, along with any profit after. I rather not pay the mark up. I rather pay a large up front sum, and have a gun that will never cost me Mark up again. saving that each time, and slowly paying the weapons investment cost. (but level appropriate weapons seem to be non existent.) MAYBE a market there for a crafter to make weapons for lvls 5 10 15 20. after 20 seem to open up more. But I understand the overall thus far.

Last but not least.
While away i watched a ton of mining videos, took some tips and this is what happened.

I went to cyrene, on my shlepnir. cost me 33 oil I mined myself, out of 200, the Vs1 rocket cost me .50 of a ped to go all the way to cyrene.

I bought 9 TT finders at a total cost of 0.90ped.
I have a RE101 unlimited....the F101 i have costs to much ammo to use 10.5k per use vs the 1500 of the

I only seem to have to have 1 probe that never goes away. so being a starter 1 is fine.

I did 150 finds. the first 2 paid off all my FINDERS

After repairs, ammo replacement, and finder cost. i was 42.64 PED positive.

I landed on Cyrene with 15 ped to my name, unless someone buys my body stocking. i hope...

and to be up to 57 almost 58 ped in two hours. that is a pretty nice return for me.

But i will get with my Mentor on making a plan, cause hunting is fun, but mining is fairly relaxing.

I seemingly deleted my in game note with waypoints to the various mission brokers offering Daily Tokens on Calypso and Monria. Perhaps someone else can offer the list of waypoints here before I'm able to.

For the Daily Mission Terminal ones, have a look here to find locations to creatures it asks you to kill, you'll need to explore a bit so grab yourself a flying vehicle:

For Blueprints, have a look here and filter Name = (L) and Source = Crafted. Click the + to get 2 filter options. Then you can sort the table by profession level and find the blueprints from which they are crafted. Be careful though as there's some blueprints that no longer drop and some resources that no longer drop as well. A safe bet is the ArMatrix line of weapons and I think Cyrene, Toulan and Arkadia still have both the blueprints and resources that drop.

Once you find that, next stop is here to find what mining resources are found on what server (the game is broken up into individual square servers which have various mining resources on them)

On the main page (mininglog.com), right side column it will show you the minimum depth required to find the resource you're looking for. You'll notice the mining finders have an AVG search depth and this is typically similar to weapon damage ranges, where there is a min and max damage. You can assume the finder avg depth is the mid range of the scale, so 200m avg depth finder will have a range of somewhere between 100-300m depth.

As you go mining and find resources you want to target, right click the claim in your inventory and select create waypoint. Then open your map, copy the waypoint and save it in your notes. You can use the mininglog software to do this for you automatically but it's a unofficial third-party app. You can return there again in a day or so and try mining that area again.

After you have enough resources for about 5-10 crafting attempts (you'll see 3-4 out of 10 successful attempts) you then have your gear. Save the Residues you find manufacturing the components needed to manufacture the item you're after as you can use the residue to add to your crafting attempt to produce a full TT (L) item vs a ~25% TT one without residue.

Hope that helps!
thank you VERY MUCH for this good information.

Back