weird microsoft skype support experience

Naomi

Elite
Society
Rangers
Naomi NP Polder
10:59 - Failed to send chat message

11:04 - Hi, thanks for visiting Skype! I'm Mary L.
11:04 - I do hope you are doing well out there today, how may I assist you?

11:04 - :), Hi there, nice to talk to you
11:04 - a bit earlier today, my skype/microsoft account suddenly got blocked
11:05 - and I would like to know why that happened

11:05 - Hello there!
11:05 - Can I have your Skype name?

11:06 - I was able to recover my account already.
11:06 - my skype name is xxxxxx

11:06 - Thank you for that information
11:07 - To be honest with you xxxxx, we are not allowed to disclose any information about your account.

11:08 - ok, what does that mean?

11:09 - I do apologize for the inconvenience that this may have caused you. I h ope you understand that in order to keep our users' account secure, I cannot tell you the blocking reason.

11:09 - did I do something wrong with my skype?

11:09 - It's the system who blocked your account. Might be the system detected an activities that contrary to our terms of use.

11:11 - weird, I only chat and call people. I really don't know what I could have done wrong.

11:12 - By the way, here is your service request number for your reference: xxxxxx
11:12 - And just in case we get disconnected, simply click the Chat Support Link and you will be reconnected to us in no time: http://xxxxxx

11:12 - ok

11:14 - Usually, putting a restriction on your account it doesn't mean that you have done wrong. Sometimes, if the system detected some activities like, someone is trying to reset your password or someone is trying to access your account using different IP or places. So the system putting restriction on your account so that the hacker cannot use your paid services.

11:14 - it's for your security and privacy.

11:15 - ok, thank you for your help. I wonder why anyone would try to access my account :(

11:16 - It is just an example

11:16 - if it is someone I know, I should confront him
11:16 - ok, I see

11:17 - perfect!
11:17 - Thank you for your patience and the time you spent working with me
11:17 - Though I haven't fully address your concern, I just want to confirm if I have provided enough information?

11:17 - I think you provided me with information as far as you are allowed to.

so weird. you pay for their products, and they don't even want to tell you what's happening. Or is some secret service involved? Sounds fishy to me

Last edited:
bumping since server day reset

The exact same thing happened to me, and they refused to allow me back in to my account.

Now I just don't use skype because their customer "service" was so incredibly inept.

Improving Business

Hi. I have a business with my two other friend that is running for like 7 years now. We are thinking of conducting a survey on customer satisfaction and perhaps gather suggestions from them as well on how they want us to improve. We don't know yet how to start it and it's my duty to find out. Is there a cost effective way to do this? Please help! Thanks for your time.

Back