Question: What armor to upgrade mine into?

Mr Odyseo

Old
Society
TheAncients
Mr Odyseo Angel
Hey guys,

I've been trying to do bigger mobs, but I'm struggling a little bit because my current armor setup doesn't really allow me to do so. I'm running a full set of ghost + 5B's, but this doesn't seem to be enough for most 1k+ HP mobs. So I'd like to get some input. I am just unsure if I should invest into a new armor, or if I should try to buy cheap Bio ID's and get Adjusted Restoration chip instead. And if armor is the better option, what armors should I look out for? I know there are some like Vigilate or Nemesis that you can upgrade, so I'd like to know also, if it's better to buy the cheaper versions of them and then upgrade them, or not. Also if possible, if you can recommend an armor, if you could include the average sale price for the armor set, I'd appreciate it, since its very hard to make a decision without knowing how much the investment will be..

If I would be to pick, I would go for Adjusted Restoration one million times over and over.
A hunter needs a gun and a resto chip, then some reload buff. Rest are details....

It is cheaper to use limited bear, boar, jaguar and tiger, if you can find at around 105%, than to use their UL version. And you can find plenty of those. Using a mix of armors is perfectly fine, means you're serious about being efficient.
Good luck with your resto chip! :)

It is cheaper to use limited bear, boar, jaguar and tiger, if you can find at around 105%, than to use their UL version. And you can find plenty of those. Using a mix of armors is perfectly fine, means you're serious about being efficient.
So it would be fine to just mix whatever parts of those armors I can find? I looted two pieces of (L) tiger the other day, and they have been sitting on storage..
Would you recommend to get their UL version after getting the chip? Or just keep using the limited version?

I really liked Adjusted Nemesis. I still have it too. It lasts longest and even has a bit of robot protection. Try it on Atrox.

Evey nailed it there. Adj Resto healer is absolutely bombe!

I never mix matched armor but I think it's ok. For the really big mobs I use Perseus(L). Those Imp Angel and Shadow UL are out of reach :(

I really liked Adjusted Nemesis. I still have it too. It lasts longest and even has a bit of robot protection. Try it on Atrox.
How much is Adj Nemesis? And is it worth to get a basic nemesis and upgrade it myself?

So it would be fine to just mix whatever parts of those armors I can find? I looted two pieces of (L) tiger the other day, and they have been sitting on storage..
Would you recommend to get their UL version after getting the chip? Or just keep using the limited version?
Not really, Tiger UL is expensive because it's rare. @Clipper. is selling an UL Jarhead which is pretty nice because the price is nice. I believe you should try add close protection and make a point system and see which armor is cheaper per close protection point.
I would focus on a ring after chip, to try and get as close as possible to max reload from items. An imp ares + thori helm maybe..
Just don't spend too much on armor before you've settled for a gun first. And be ready to trade all your storage and inventory, if you have to, for a loot 2.0 weapon.

How much is Adj Nemesis? And is it worth to get a basic nemesis and upgrade it myself?
It was around +1600 to +2100 - I think you can upgrade it for around that price - but i had a lot of difficulty upgrading it when i wanted - so much easier to just buy it.

Evey has great advice. I never had Jarhead but I heard about it. Might be a great opportunity right there...

Not really, Tiger UL is expensive because it's rare. @Clipper. is selling an UL Jarhead which is pretty nice because the price is nice. I believe you should try add close protection and make a point system and see which armor is cheaper per close protection point.
I would focus on a ring after chip, to try and get as close as possible to max reload from items. An imp ares + thori helm maybe..
Just don't spend too much on armor before you've settled for a gun first. And be ready to trade all your storage and inventory, if you have to, for a loot 2.0 weapon.
I'll have to check. Ill more than likely focus on the adj resto first, since that was my original idea, but I got people telling me armor would work too. Ring is probably doable, just have to save up for a month or two for it. I'm currently using mod ep-41 with imp a105. I keep watching the forum everyday just in case I see someone selling a 2.0 weapon on the lower side, but for the DPS that I want it's probably not going to be less than 20k. The MU of my storage is probably not worth more than 2k lol

yes, adj nem is a wonderfull mid lvl armour.
With 5B and 6A you can hunt most close combat en most robots with ease.
dodge and reduce crit bonus is nice as well.

And yeah, Adj resto. I would prefer that one over every armour!
A must have!!!

go adj resto and L tiger, along with 5b and 6a plates. Adj nemesis is nice to look at, but much less versatile than tiger, and 16 in imp, cut, stab is too low of an upgrade for you to feel the difference coming from ghost.

Agreed on the adj resto and (L) armor bit referenced above. (L) armor is actually a stellar value because of it's low price and high durability. I recall someone did the math and stated that up to 115% (L) armor breaks even with it's unL counterpart due to the reduced decay from the 10,000 extra durability points. Consequently any (L) armor below 115% is theoretically saving you money, and that fits a substantial range of armors.

And don't be afraid to "christmas tree" a set. You'll see some of the most successful PKers do that, buying pieces of (L) armor from different sets with loosely similar protections and focusing on high tier increase rate, and thereby are able to get a set of armor with good protection at tier 8-10. You can do the same thing but focusing on low markup rather than high tier increase rate.

Serpent scales are like 10 times cheaper than 5b and almost the same protection.

And don't be afraid to "christmas tree" a set.
I think I like this idea, ngl. I'll try to get armors under that MU so I can get decent protection while I get my adj resto.

Serpent scales are like 10 times cheaper than 5b and almost the same protection.
If I already have the 5b's, I should just keep them and use them, or get those instead?

If I already have the 5b's, I should just keep them and use them, or get those instead?
Compare the two and see if the 300 peds are well spent there or can go to a better project?

With an EP-41, Adjusted you don't need more than Ghost+5b. If the creatures you're hunting are killing you it means you need a defensive ring or more defensive stats, which means you're hunting outside of your level.

A ring combo helps loads to max out your DPS on your weapon. You can also add the Monria Horns for an extra 3% Reload.

Grabbing a Restoration Chip is a great investment as well as a 2350/2600, Modified to pair it. Most of which, including the Monria Horns can be grinded without paying the markup and you'll gain skills and HoF chances in the process.

A nice lateral move from Ghost is Viceroy, Modified which gives you 20% Evade + 1% crit. Again, something that can be grinded without the need for paying markup.

Another thing to note is your set of 5B can be upgraded which gives Block chance and increased protections. One more thing you can grind without needing to pay markup. Upgrading plates before upgrading armor is probably a better idea imo.

Going up from there, skip the 20-27 protection range and go into something like Angel (I use Aquila which I craft until I can find a set of Perseus Blueprints... anyone?) or a buff set like Improved Imperium for the added damage (killing quicker means less need for defensive stats).

You could also get a weapon with more range and same DPS which means you'll kill the creatures before they get to you and take less hits.

As somebody who has used Jarhead for years I cant say enough good things about it. The protection values for the price range are great. Its also one of the few customizable armors so you can make it your own look, both with paint and texture. Its basically clothes and armor in one. And if you wanna tackle bots mahketta is always a nice cheap option as well.

Not sure about the Male markets, but in Female at least I have been able to keep in excess of mid level Limited armor pieces while paying around 101% with maybe a few less common pieces forking out a whopping 105%. This includes armours such as Martial and Boar mostly, and both are decent allrounders that should suit your demands, Boar likely not much of an upgrade from Ghost but you can use the odd piece for when you have gaps in your Martial.

Another thing L armor has over UL - the protection sort of decays as you use UL but always stays the same on L.

Ya Viceroy is the best low level armor - cept it has a mid level price. Recommend it ya but playerbound and commited like 7500 peds or more. i always thought it cost me about 10k for all the upgrades.

I noticed all the nice players have something good to contribute here :)

if you want cheap burn/pen prot then hunter mentor edition could be a nice option. Bear isn't costly these days either and maybe you can find some paneleon imperium parts, which offers 41 burn while also sporting 12 cut/imp/stab. the tt is low though.

The key thing for me is priorities. Taking durability out of the equation, markup will cost you 5x as much in an L gun than in an L armor for your typical cycle. So the ped you sink into an UL set are better instead invested into an appropriate UL weapon first. Obviously there are exceptions but it can be taken as a general rule.

Adjusted vigi rest depends on your main range weapon or the damage of your melee weapon and your running, reload speed

Adjusted vigi + 6a because it does protect you best for the low amount of money versus ranged targets

Get a mission galactica chip its worth the money

Adjusted vigi with the 20 % dodge Buff will protect you on a economical way shure it also depends on your base dodge skill and the range of your weapon

Try to kite any mob as good as you can

You dont need protection if the Monster does not reach you

You dont need much protection if your liveleach from m matrix Heals you more then the dmg you take

On a low budget i recommend you to get the adjusted vigi + 6a and go for robots
Or buy a hermetic perfected and a ares imp in addition to the armor this makes you able to outrunn most of the Short range monsters

Last edited:
Liakon! - thread closed

Hey guys,

I've been trying to do bigger mobs, but I'm struggling a little bit because my current armor setup doesn't really allow me to do so. I'm running a full set of ghost + 5B's, but this doesn't seem to be enough for most 1k+ HP mobs. So I'd like to get some input. I am just unsure if I should invest into a new armor, or if I should try to buy cheap Bio ID's and get Adjusted Restoration chip instead. And if armor is the better option, what armors should I look out for? I know there are some like Vigilate or Nemesis that you can upgrade, so I'd like to know also, if it's better to buy the cheaper versions of them and then upgrade them, or not. Also if possible, if you can recommend an armor, if you could include the average sale price for the armor set, I'd appreciate it, since its very hard to make a decision without knowing how much the investment will be..

Whenever one of my customers asks me to recommend the next armor set after Ghost I usually say (I always ask them what they are trying to hunt first), go with limited Martial, you can't go wrong for the price it currently costs (most parts being less than 110% on auction these days).

100% of the time they are very happy they followed my advice. Martial is quite a nice jump from Ghost and opens up a whole set of new mobs never before available, like for example Prim Longu, higher maturities of Atrox, Hogglo, Aurlis (with serpent scales), not to mention it's great for Longtooths during migration.

To me, Martial (+5B) is the most natural progression after a hunter has outgrown Ghost+5B. You get to hunt bigger mobs with it, and you don't really lose ability to hunt any mobs either (not a trade-off). Of course if you wanted to go back to Feffoids, you'd need cold plates, but just keep your Ghost if you think you might need to go back to smaller mobs with special damage (like cold or electric).

Yes, that works quite well in many instances. For example Jaguar (L) and Tiger (L) mix very well together, the only sad thing about that combo is that in both cases, the thighs (M,L) can be very difficult to find at times.

For bots, you can mix Hermes (L) and Eon (L) parts. For Cut/Stab you can mix Vain (L), Chronicle (L) and Spartacus (L) armor parts. For high Impact mobs, you could mix Sentinel (L), Rutuba (L), Supremacy (L) and Shadow (L).

Pro tip: Angel (L) and Sparta (L) mix very well together for Impact, Cut and Stab mobs.

Adjusted Nemesis is getting very expensive now but is still one of (maybe even the best) Unlimited armor of choice after Ghost, depending on what kinds of mobs you like to hunt (i.e. if you never hunt bots and don't plan on ever hunting them, then it's wouldn't be a good option for you).

However with Generic Nanos now hovering at around 320% to 340%, upgrading it yourself could end up costing you more than if you were to just buy a set that was already Adjusted.

For an Adjusted set, be prepared to pay north of +2300 for male. If you get a set of regular Nemesis for say +950 and you pay say 340% for the nanos to upgrade it, you might save a hundred ped, but your set will just be tier 0.00 and you have no control over the TIR numbers, which could end up being bad, in which case you'd regret doing it. I think it's wiser to just buy a set that's already adjusted if that's what you decide to get, even if it were to cost you around tt+2350.

I'll have to check. Ill more than likely focus on the adj resto first, since that was my original idea, but I got people telling me armor would work too. Ring is probably doable, just have to save up for a month or two for it. I'm currently using mod ep-41 with imp a105. I keep watching the forum everyday just in case I see someone selling a 2.0 weapon on the lower side, but for the DPS that I want it's probably not going to be less than 20k. The MU of my storage is probably not worth more than 2k lol

An Adjusted Restoration chip is of course a very good plan, can't go wrong with that. But if your budget doesn't allow one right now, there's nothing wrong with using limited armor parts at <110% from auction for a while so you can keep progressing as a hunter.

I think I like this idea, ngl. I'll try to get armors under that MU so I can get decent protection while I get my adj resto.

Right now is a good time to offload 5B plates if the extra 600 ped could be of some use to you. Serpent Scale is likely to end up being just as good for you as it provides that Acid protection which you are not likely to find in decent amount on any of the armor options you are considering right now. I can't imagin Serpent Scales going much lower than +6 so I really don't think it would be a mistake to secure a set for yourself.

There is also another good armor option which hasn't been mentionned yet: Eon (L)

A few years ago, Eon (L) was very problematic because not all parts were available. It seemed like the Harness, the gloves, the foot and the shins were just not dropping anymore, and so these parts, whenever they appeared on the auction, were very expensive.

Nowadays, all of the Eon (L) parts are dropping again and the mu for them has come down to between ~106% and 115%, which is an amazing deal if you ask me. 22 Impact, 28 Cut and 28 Stab, which is pretty awesome actually. Yes the Impact on the Eon (L) is lower than the Impact on the Martial (L), but the 28 Cut and 28 Stab more than makes up for it. Not to mention, Eon (L) is one of the best armors you can get for hunting bots with 45 Burn and 52 Penetration. So don't overlook that one.

Cheers,
Legends

Last edited:
Back