What focus is useful for

sirlobo

Provider
Society
Miner's Mafia
Sirlobo Karlo Chaparral
Can anyone tell me what is focus useful for ?
Had some chip from a gentle drone and dunno what to do with them.
Thx EU ppl

focus is really only for sweating , when focused a mob can still hit you , but it wont break concentration .

Can anyone tell me what is focus useful for ?
Had some chip from a gentle drone and dunno what to do with them.
Thx EU ppl

You have to use focus in order to prevent your concentration being knocked out of sync when you are using other Mindforce skills for example the Nerve Blast or Firestorm chip. When you use focus you accumulate a certain number of points dependent on your skill, for example use focus chip and your focus is at 5 points. Then you are able to charge up and use Firestorm or Nerve blast whilst being hit by a Mob. Each time you are hit your Focus is reduced, when it reaches 0 then you can't concentrate and use your other Mindforce skills if you are being attacked.

focus is really only for sweating , when focused a mob can still hit you , but it wont break concentration .

Focus can be used by MF healers in battle. They can heal a team member from meters away, even when he is really mobbed. The healer needs the focus to heal himself and reload if under attack. So not only in sweating. Other uses are not feasable or allowed (TP focus breaks, wormhole/revive are not feasable and I don't know if focus helps).

Also, nerveblast and firestorm chips are benefiting.

wow, my first thread,
thx for the explainations guys.
Anyone know the use of others implants?

wow, my first thread,
thx for the explainations guys.
Anyone know the use of others implants?

Other implants, other chips.

Check the levels on the chip and the level range on the implants. You can only wear one implant at any time, so you need to choose carefully ;)

A focus chip will give you a "bubble" that protects you form losing concentration when using mindforce during combat.
Combat being when a mob is attacking you.
Each level of focus chip has a limite to the mount of focus charges you can get. Your skills determing how much of that chip limit woth of focus charges you get with each use.
The lessor focus chip has the lowest limit while the powerful one will give you a pretty high limit.

The focus charges will allow you to concentrate while using almost any mindforce chip except for TP chip.
IT will also protect you while sweating so you can sweat more efficiently.

The most common use for focus chips is to skill psychotrophy.
Psychotrophy skill being most needed for a TP chip, nerve blast and a wormhole chip.

Most focus chips are not worth all that much, especially the lower level ones. If you looted a medium to powerful one or higher then you can probrably get some ped for it. A lessor one would be pretty much TT food or close to it.

Back