What happened to Raahn Guzt, Xenomorph Scientist ?

Dan59

Stalker
Society
dust
Dan Dan Petrov
After many years of development MA brought Calypso science and investigating and scaning methods to an exciting level some questions still remain with no answers.

Why colonists downgraded their science and technology so much?
-From instant interplanetar teleportation travel to old and slow spaceships.
-From even cheaper mindforfce interplanetar wormhole travel and instant teleportation to any point of chosen planet or space to some rudimental prehistoric slow chips for use on planet only.
-I hope colonists will keep part of science and technology at least for resurection and rebuilding new body systems but that will be hard without scientists arround and will be forgoten after time..

Why colonists decided that most advanced, fastest and most powerfull thing they have like mind and mindpower need to be downgraded to levels below possibilities their ancestors had with abiliyties, items, tools and wepons before 21 century so before human space travels?

Why colonists stopped do develop science and stopped to use their scaners to investigate further ?
-From decaying gazilions of scaners they limited their investigating activity just on left click info and wiki.

What happened to Raahn Guzt, Xenomorph Scientist ?
-Did he made suicide after his scaner stopped to work properly?
-Did he sold his Xenomorphology skill on auction and on what MU?

---------------------------
From web archve - project-entropia com/

Species and threats

Animals Introduction
All basic native biological life forms on
Calypso are referred to as animals,
and there are a large variety
of different species that roam the
wilderness outside the urban havens.
They can range from small and peaceful
herbivores to large and ferocious
predators. Animals can be found in
any type of environment on the planet:
on land, in the air or in the water.
This multitude of life overshadows
other species that remain unknown to
human kind, mainly because much
of the previously obtained
information about the wildlife
on Calypso was lost during the war
with the robots.
New animals will therefore be
discovered as the human population
continues to expand and explore the
vast untamed world around them.

"Nature has never really been confined
to a world. It belongs to the universe,
which makes it into an omnipresent and
endless source of life."
- Gaja C. Eartheim, Xenobiologist

Creatures Introduction
The natural wildlife on Calypso includes an enormous variety of different native life forms. Some of these creatures are considered more advanced than others, simply because they look humanoid. To separate one type of life form from all other forms of life, based on the notion that a physical display of human traits deems it to be more advanced, is wrong as far as science is concerned. Still, most of the primitive creatures found on Calypso are deemed to be intelligent enough to be called sentient beings, even if they still exhibit very primal behavior.

The idea that humans have invaded a planet with early intelligent life forms still remains a controversial issue of debate. This is the reason why all humanoid life forms have been scientifically classified as xenoanthropoids, whether they are intelligent or not. They are also more commonly called creatures, in order to separate them from other animals.

The intelligence and technological levels of the more advanced native creatures on Calypso are considered very low, although some have proved to be more resourceful than expected, making them capable of adapting very quickly to the presence of humans and their activities. As for yet, no truly high intelligent life form has been discovered…

"Remember that intelligence is always judged by the mind of the beholder."
- Raahn Guzt, Xenomorph Scientist

Robots Introduction
The invading robots represent the main threat to the humans on Calypso. These robots come from two planets called Akbal and Cimi, located in another nearby star system. These desolate robot outposts were originally large automated mines and refineries before they rapidly evolved into robot war factories. It remains unknown why these distant robot outposts suddenly saw the human race as their enemy, but evidently they suffered the same infection that caused the Robot Revolt on Calypso. The robots have somehow gained access to a superior technology that allows them to achieve interstellar travel through teleportation. This knowledge is used to transport robot invaders across space, and land them directly on the planet surface of Calypso.

The robot invaders currently consist of single units that are specially designed to survive an interstellar teleportation and establish a robot base. Such a unit is called a Robot Matrix. It's an intelligent main computer system that designs, produces and controls the robots it creates - as all other robots are subsequently constructed on site. Robot Matrixes can work independently to modify their robots and adapt them to any new tasks or environments necessary. A Robot Matrix will gather information and experience from all units and use this to make collective upgrades. As the base expands and gains access to more resources, the Matrix is able to create more robots and newer models.

The robots are divided into several categories. Each such class has a specifically defined purpose within the robot community and can contain various models. Since each robot base installation acts as an independent colony, the robots will continue to evolve by processing new data and experience. This will result in several different upgraded robot models with increased capabilities, which will emerge as the invasion of Calypso continues. The menacing machines will never stop in their fanatical quest to defeat the humans and conquer the planet. Citizens who choose to fight these robot invaders must be prepared for a long and hard struggle, because this is only the beginning…

http://web.archive.org/web/20010630131944/http://www.project-entropia.com/

Why colonists downgraded their science and technology so much?

-From even cheaper mindforce interplanetar wormhole travel...

Ask Noggin, One of the bests Mindforcers in game,
but his dreams were deleted (just like all of us at this time)
... We all know how it ended... :(

Why colonists stopped do develop science and stopped to use their scaners to investigate further ?
-From decaying gazilions of scaners they limited...

Welcome the new disciple system / Scan Human = Anatomy.
==> Goodbye to the scan profession$$$.

(Btw, Fish species are not animals anymore, so what are they ???)

I would for myself, really see a combination of Taming and Mindforce
as a direct relation between Science and Spiritual Powers.
But that would need a storyboard and some creativity.
So we might wait 3 more years to see it happen...

What science, we forgot even how to build cities. Hadesheim, Minopolis, Jason are gone, Argus and AH are shades of their past glory, we live in the woods like wild animals. When the time will come to build houses on the cld lots, it will be hard to find someone who remember which way to hold a hammer.

At this pace, those who will come after us may find just one more species of degraded humanoids.

I look forward to the advent of new powerful weapons like the bag of rocks, bow and arrows, spears, and the slingshot. A new profession will be to carry around wealthy players in those litters (those boxes which take 4 ppl to carry one person around in, because the use of the wheel will be banned). New players won't be allowed to use the old weapons, so the old players will be referred to as wizards with their magical lasers and mindforce magic...

Ask Noggin, One of the bests Mindforcers in game,
but his dreams were deleted (just like all of us at this time)
... We all know how it ended... :(

I think Dan probably has most beat on the mindforce front ;)

More use for scanners would be fantastic tho. Maybe just start small, and instead of Atrox Young = 990hp, make it a range, i.e. 650hp->1250hp, scanning it would give you that value (or the higher scan skill, the better accuracy of info). Same could be done with attack speed, dmg, regen etc (obv. loot agorithmicly balanced to the hp value).

Maybe scanning mobs gives you a chance to see their droplists, again related to scanner skill. Those with the highest skill can scan a mob, and spot when they have the Imk2 hidden in them, and hunt them hard with the chance of dropping it.

Plenty of options. Vehicles were always a stupid idea imo tho - just that a bunch of people begged for them for so long, and now we have these helicopters from the 1990's in a game set in 2400 or whatever :)

I hate the fact that scanners don't give anything like the skills of before. I was looking forward to unlocked Xenobiology, cos I'm weird like that. I like to do thos type of things, now almost no point because virtually no skills gained from using ES500.

Why not change it back to old scanning system just have Anatomy be a lot less towards those skills and so not need a lot of anatomy. Just screwing it so that newer players can never get close to the skills of older players, time after time, just makes you think "what's the point?"

I like to do thos type of things, now almost no point because virtually no skills gained from using ES500.
Perhaps a stupid question, but are you aware that nowadays you don't get skills for scanning the same object (avatar, mob, vehicle) more often than once per 5 minutes or so? That's why people run around scanning everyone and why Akbar does his tech scanning events. As long as you change your targets for scanning, the skilling goes pretty ok.

I think Dan probably has...

Noggin is (was) THE reference to this particular issue (space wormhole travel).
Dan knowes it for sure, like some of us...

And ty Svarog for pointing this ;)

Perhaps a stupid question, but are you aware that nowadays you don't get skills for scanning the same object (avatar, mob, vehicle) more often than once per 5 minutes or so? That's why people run around scanning everyone and why Akbar does his tech scanning events. As long as you change your targets for scanning, the skilling goes pretty ok.

I did not even know this, so I'll apologise for my ignorance firstly and charge my glass secondly, thanks mate much appreciated.

Akbar, I'm in ya next events... scanning ya peoples!!

(Presumably different mobs/mutants/robots also then?

Wud be interesting to know how many mob DNA samples was unlocked / created by our scientists - investigators by using their tools like scaners and how many DNA samples just droped by MA gods from the sky as gift parts to refine..

Still looking for Xenomorphology skill ...

Questions bring new questions.
For example whatr our scientists are doing now?
Wiith their knoweldge, skills and abilityes they cud do many things.

- Maybe some of them started ESI -Empty Skill Implants production for peds to finance their further research?
- Or maybe thay started to produce new repairable multifunctional enhancers wich improve weapons, armors and tools way better?
- Maybe they decided to relase their knoweldge about new protective materials and methods and started to produce protective underwear and clothes..?

- Maybe they decided to relase their knoweldge about new protective materials and methods and started to produce protective underwear and clothes..?

Damn! I just sold my spiral hotspot briefs! :D

Back