What is going on with Mission Bones ?

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
I just realized that my Mission Bone count has only went up 1 bone in the past 3 or 4 days. Is there a thread about this that I missed ? My buddy has the same problem, He sweat/hunts Sabakumas a lot and his count has went up 1 bone in the last few days. I hunt Tripudion and usually kill about 400 per run and am getting no bones ( I usually get 60-75 per run). According to EP bones dropped are at the "Often" level.

I hope this is just a screw-up that is going to be fixed ?

I think the original contract states it's a dynamic economy :)

I think the larger context here is that with codex that mission has become obsolete.

I think the larger context here is that with codex that mission has become obsolete.
I didn't think that was a mission. It doesn't matter but I wonder how new players will get the 1 agility point. I see a number of missions that give tokens but not a full point. As a matter of fact I didn't see getting 10K Bones listed as a mission even though is does say Missions bones but no NPC involved.

I guess I don't understand MA's logic. New players are the key to growth and if you make it so hard to level up (case in point "sweating") who is going to want to spend time playing ? Sweating has been nerfed to less than 10% of what it was when I started 14 years ago and it seem that MA does not want new players. Even when sweating was good you could not make enough to get very far but enough to get hooked now I don't think that is the case now.

One other thing, I wonder why MA said nothing just stopped giving the bones ?

Last time I grinded some punies I still got bones, unless this change has been within the last week? Ill go check it out...
From a newbs perspective their agility goes pretty quick anyway and I would advise against claiming the tokens until they reach a higher level. They will thank themselves later. Meta will do more for a new players agility lvl these days, if they wish to claim it. I don't see the removal of bones to be exceptionally game breaking.

Bones are dead. Codex is alive. 200k pleaks on Cyrene will do you better than bones (200k kill mission + pleak mission)

I did a few puny Caudatergus at Camp Icarus and still got some bones. Admittedly the drop rate did seem lower than before, definitely not an “often” but definitely not rare or even uncommon I don’t think.
I can’t say why you have been having such terrible luck with them.

Won't this decreased drop rate , make them mover valuable ?

Won't this decreased drop rate , make them mover valuable ?
I wouldn’t say so cos Meta made attributes so easy now. And Agility isn’t a particularly useful one in my opinion.
Markups May hover at pre-meta levels.
Not that I really look for them but I haven’t seen peeps trading them much anymore

I wouldn’t say so cos Meta made attributes so easy now. And Agility isn’t a particularly useful one in my opinion.
Markups May hover at pre-meta levels.
Not that I really look for them but I haven’t seen peeps trading them much anymore

Attributes influence the acquisition of skills, perhaps not by chance that Agility is an attribute of Looter profession.

Agility is a basic attribute available to all avatars. It influences almost every action where coordination, finesse and grace are involved.
Agility is a very important attribute because it affects a wide variety of professions, increases your Health, and also increases your avatar's movement speed.
Progress in Agility can be acquired both by attacking as well as being attacked.

Here is a quote from EP and as you can see it does the most for hunters. But, it also gives you 1 health point increase at 40 points (others skills take up to 1600) points).

I did go to Icarus and did my normal run on Caudatergus (about 350 mobs). I did start to get bones and I thought it was glitch but after 17 bones they just stopped again. Normally I would 40 to 50 per run. I can't figure out what is going on. What is really odd it seems to just be me having the problem. Guess that is just my bad luck. One other thing that is really very odd to me, I was using CDF (bought with daily tokens) weapon and switched to the TT pistol (2200) and that is when the bones stopped. I switched back to CDF weapon and still got no more bones.

Thanks for all the comments and help.

I'm into the tens of thousands of bones in storage and agree with your approximate rate of 1-in-6 or 1-in-7 mobs for normal kill costs. There seems to be an increase in putting EVERYTHING into the loot waves recently, so maybe your 17 bones drained the wave you were on. Maybe you can keep an eye out for that, as it'd be interesting to know on something with virtually no tt value and on such low mobs. I'm not on Caly at the mo, so hello from afar!

Back