Question: What is the best way to sell all my skills?

Gurka

Old
Society
Kill Loot Repeat
Laura Gurka Ice
Hi,

I used to play Entropia Universe back when it was called Project Entropia, i.e. more than 10 years ago. Now I've realized that my old avatar still has quite some skills on her that might be able to bring me some PEDs if sold. Seing as I am quite sure that I will never play again it seems like a wise thing to do.

So now I wonder what the easiest way to sell off all skills would be. Via which channels do people trade these days? Since the ESIs seem to make up the majority of the cost of a skill chip it would mean that I would have to deposit quite alot of money just to get some back. I guess selling the whole avatar is still not possible?

I would be grateful for some advice on the subject, or for someone just to point me in the right direction to look for info.

For the record, my best professions are Laser Sniper and Pistoleer at 53 and 52 and HP is 174. If anyone is curious the full avatar name is Laura Gurka Ice.

Hey mate,

First of all welcome back. Things have changed a lot since '07. One major change is that your skills are worth substantially less than they were in 2007. You're likely to get between 100-500% on most of your skills after counting the ESI costs. For this reason, my suggestion to everyone is always to keep your skills ingame, as you're likely to be interested in at least casually playing at some point down the road - and reskilling is substantially costly (in both time and money).
That being said, there is still no system to sell your avatar as a whole. You have to deposit to buy ESIs and chip out and sell the filled skill implants individually. Some people to bulk sales, where they arrange to sell to a single buyer at a discounted rate. Often by doing this you can get the buyer to supply the ESIs, therefor eliminating the need to deposit. Either way, don't set high expectations on what you'll get out of the sale, as it's likely to be a lot less than you think.

If you do choose to stay feel free to PM me for some tips on how to play in today's Entropia.

Very respectfully,

- Captain Jack

Hunting skills are essentially worthless to be sold (handgun, laser weaponry tech, wounding, aim...etc) - if you're lucky you'll get 1/15th their purchase value. Best to just keep them if there is ANY possibility that you'll come back to the game. Other skills the only way to sell them to make decent money is slowly in small 1 ped TT chunks via auction.

1. Buy a big ESI.
2. Use this tool http://www.entropiawiki.com/SkillCalc.aspx to calculate the needed skill point to fill us an ESI to about 1 ped worth.
3. Take your small chips and list in auction for generally twice what the regular markup is but only list a couple for each skill at a time. Check the markup graph for spikes in the weekly/monthly to see what small chips sell for.
4. When your big ESI gets down to about 12 - 15 ped remaining put it in auction for the going rate and buy another big ESI.

It will take a LONG time and expect to have to relist some skills a couple times before they sell but doing it this way an ensure you get at least double what you would get if you firesold everything by just filling big ESI's to the brim and listing for the lowest markup in auction.

Captain Jack and jambon, thank you both for your replies!

The friendly attitude within the community is the best thing with this game =). Seeing as I will simply not have time for playing these days I might as well try to sell off everything. I will advertise a bulk sale and see how it goes.

Thanks again!

2. Use this tool http://www.entropiawiki.com/SkillCalc.aspx to calculate the needed skill point to fill us an ESI to about 1 ped worth.
3. Take your small chips and list in auction for generally twice what the regular markup is but only list a couple for each skill at a time. Check the markup graph for spikes in the weekly/monthly to see what small chips sell for.

And the decay of the medical tool to gernaerate the skillchip + auction listing fee

Very likely you will loose you PED even at double MU for skillchip than usual.

I recomand generating big skill chips, don´t list it in auction!
Start a skill sale thread at forum and list all the actual skillchips you have.
P2P trades save auction fees!

Its also possible to list the skills you actually don´t have chipped out and offer to sell it to someone who brings his own ESIs.
In this case be prepared that buyer demands colateral for the empty ESI around 1000%.
If you don´t agree to that you wouldn´t get any ESI from me, to much scamming happend exactly that way already. Better trust noone you don´t know in RL, and even if you know someone RL scam could happen (learned my lesson about that aswell).

Back