What is Tier Upgrade

dura_killer

Alpha
Banned
I see some Tier Upgrade service threads but don't understand what it is. Can anyone explain what it is using some common and old known guns or tools as example.

I haven't logged to EU for long time and planning to play EU again in coming weeks.

I see some Tier Upgrade service threads but don't understand what it is. Can anyone explain what it is using some common and old known guns or tools as example.

I haven't logged to EU for long time and planning to play EU again in coming weeks.

Tier is the ability for an item (weapon, armor, or tool) to "level".

Different levels allow the option to add consumable "enhancers" to the item which can increase certain stats, such as damage, range, durability, etc.

(L) items tier automatically through use, while UL items must be have a tier increase acomplished manually with ingredients and skill similar to crafting.

Tier is the ability for an item (weapon, armor, or tool) to "level".

Different levels allow the option to add consumable "enhancers" to the item which can increase certain stats, such as damage, range, durability, etc.

(L) items tier automatically through use, while UL items must be have a tier increase acomplished manually with ingredients and skill similar to crafting.

I don't understand what t actually means but I will find more about this once I get my system upgraded.

I don't understand what t actually means but I will find more about this once I get my system upgraded.

Well... I don't think I can explain it any more clearly. :banghead:

Use thing, thing gets better so you can add stuff to it. :D

I really don't get the teir system either. Can you do a kind of walk through. I have two honors that are both at 1.0. If I wanted to add say "durability" to these weapons to help with the eco. How would that be done?

I really don't get the teir system either. Can you do a kind of walk through. I have two honors that are both at 1.0. If I wanted to add say "durability" to these weapons to help with the eco. How would that be done?

As far as I understand it (as I haven't yet done it myself), you would need to purchase the appropriate enhancer (look on auction), which is then inserted into the newly open "Tier 1" slot found on the weapon info.

Enhancers eventually "break" or wear out (consumables), so you place them as a stack into the tier slot, and away you go!

<only one type of enhancer per slot>

So I don't need someone to "open" the slot for the weapon? I have read some post that talk about losing the weapon and that is why no one has done the UNL weapons. How in the tiering process can you lose your item?

P.S thank you for your help Chrome.

So I don't need someone to "open" the slot for the weapon? I have read some post that talk about losing the weapon and that is why no one has done the UNL weapons. How in the tiering process can you lose your item?

P.S thank you for your help Chrome.

You said you're 2 honors are at tier 1.0, so the first slot is already opened.

Normally when you are at 0.9, 1.9, 2.9 etc. you will need to perform the upgrade action. You'll nedd some ingredienst and an extra copy of the original item to do that. And you can lose you're second item while upgrading.

As Chrome has mentioned, (L) items automatically increase in Tier levels as they are used. There are individual Tier Increase Rates for every item so some tier faster than others, this can be found on the Item Info screen.

Unlimited items will progress in tier level until they reach .9, 1.9, 2.9 etc. At this point a manual procedure must be performed to reach the next level and this requires certain ingredients as well as an exact duplicate item of the one you want to tier up. Similar to crafting, there are skills required and there is a certain percentage for chance of successful upgrade. In addition, there is also a small percentage chance that the duplicate item will be destroyed if the upgrade is not successful.

There are basically three possible outcomes of the attempt to tier an item. First is success with upgrade and duplicate item is recovered, next is failure of upgrade but duplicate item is recovered, and the final, scary one is failure of upgrade along with destruction of duplicate item. There have been posts already about loss of expensive items this way. So tiering can be expensive because of multiple attempts with expensive ingredients as well as the potential loss of a valuable duplicate item.

Once an item has opened tier sockets, enhancers may be attached to change various attributes of the item.

(type too slow, SuperKanjo quicker)

Last edited:
Back