What is wrong with my computer / Cant logg in?

Wiseman

Dominant
Society
Swedish Heroes
Wiseman
So, today I started my computer and can't logg into Entropia. After using my goldcard, the login screen just stops at the Security Code screen, and keeps on "loading".

On the client loader, I get this:
katod2.jpg

I have tried starting other games, and they run without problem, so I doubt the computer is broken?
I was playing fine until logoff yesterday.

Repair at 55%...

Nope, repair didn't fix it :(

Any1 has any idea of what this can be?

This last update brought with it massive lag issues. I have been ctd'd many times now and have same issue gettin back in. Did you update firewall after the patch or router security if you use it? Maybe reboot your modem?

Nothing is changed from yesterday when it worked. All other games/programs work as they should.
I will try and uninstall & download again...

This probably will not help but:

The only time i had this problem was with really slow internet speeds, it would not connect. Same as you, stuck

This happened at my old mans house on his wireless (which for what ever reason) the router wireless was incredibly slow

As soon as he got a new router, it all worked hunky dorey

I wish you all the best in fixing this asap

Rgds

Ace

So. Repaired it. Didn't work.
Uninstalled & reinstalled, downloading all content over again. Didn't work.

About my connection, it is not WIFI, and the client downloaded all content with a speed of 1.8-2.1 MB/s.

The client still show as the picture in my starting post, and after entering security code, it just keeps "loading".

EDIT:
Also restarted my router. No fix.

Last edited:
Regarding the picture, this is a known problem that it will not show correct. Its listed as a known error in this patch's release info.

I have had similar issues before. has your firewall or router software been updated recently or anything?
this has fixed my connection issues twice in the past. And also stopped me playing for months in the past cause i knew nothing about ports and shit at that point.

this is from the calypso support site thingy.

Do you meet the minimum system requirements?
Are all checks green in the "Your Computer" status on the Login Window?
Try lowering your Connection setting in "Options" on the Entropia Universe Login Window. Even though you have ADSL or an even better connection, try setting the connection speed to 56 kbit to check if that improves your situation. If yes, you may try to set it higher step by step, to see which connection speed works best with your specific system.
Open these ports in your firewall:
20, 21 (TCP Outbound) - Additional TCP Port outbound for passive mode FTP
80 (Outbound)
30584 (UDP inbound/outbound)
30583 (TCP Outbound)
554 (TCP Inbound)
If you have a router, make sure the router configuration has Ports 20,21, 30584 and 30583 forwarded to your computer. Also make sure the f irmware of your router is up-to-date (please turn to the manufacturer of your router for any specific questions regarding this matter)

Try disabling the sound in "Options" on the Entropia Universe Login Window

I have bolded the bit that helped me in the past. Hope this is the issue and it sorts it out!!
good luck.
Conners

Not at all sure what happened here since the problem didn't exist yesterday, but I have now formatted my hard-drive and reinstalled windows, drivers and Entropia.

The client-loader still shows a bugged system set-up (none), but I am now able to log in again.
You can now once gain have my last money MA! :yay:

Back