Question: What should Mindark do

Sell to GALA Games

I realized not long ago that game is a multi level marketing scheme
here is no way that lower lines stay afloat.

there is a bottom line: i hunt naked with no enhancer with just lifesteal and ring buffs, full ul setup
can not go lower as costs
and in best case scenario loose 2% average as a system
if no one deposits the PED will assume more and more value and MU will go toward zero because PED are more important than items
this is because PED are a DEFLATIONARY currency due to the destruction of M1 aggregate that rise the value of money

this is visible in MU, it is part for oversupply but most because ped are correctly worth more than items.

Why UL items dont loose value but rise? they loose, slowly because seller are able to hold the prices while no fresh items are available we can buy a lp120 for 80k, a bpo130 for 100k those are top damage items in their cat. prices are way lower than 1 ped per Mtoken (as i have forecast in the post on the mayhem wepon values)

i prefer to stop here.

There are all levels of players and styles to play EU. What would increase the player base is making the lower levels just as compelling and interesting as the higher levels with layers of customization through out. What makes most other games successful is the entry level experience even if there is grinding involved. Compared to the early days of PE there is a lot more to do for entry level players but I don't think its advertised enough. As much as I would like EU to gain large mass appeal, MA would need to make some major changes which is a risk. All games have elite players with elite gear so I don't sweat it. I play within my means and think there is room for all levels of players and equipment types. I am curious what MA will do moving forward but for the rest of this year it might just be TWEN-centric.

There are all levels of players and styles to play EU. What would increase the player base is making the lower levels just as compelling and interesting as the higher levels with layers of customization through out. What makes most other games successful is the entry level experience even if there is grinding involved. Compared to the early days of PE there is a lot more to do for entry level players but I don't think its advertised enough. As much as I would like EU to gain large mass appeal, MA would need to make some major changes which is a risk. All games have elite players with elite gear so I don't sweat it. I play within my means and think there is room for all levels of players and equipment types. I am curious what MA will do moving forward but for the rest of this year it might just be TWEN-centric.
Stuff like RDI for lower levels would be very fun.

RDI (sector A1) is a "miniraid" as per other RPG's
monster inside are Calamusoid class and tezla class. )impact or electric)
a (L) Lich and a (L) thinderbird that have considering the average MU and the 110% effectiveness of (L) armors a 10% defense cost overload are all is needed

500 DPS are more than enough in the fire squad... waves are a lame tank and spank, no mechanics needed,
the only limit is to beat the 692 level tezla regen.. free buffs in the instance help much.

a party of 12 can do RDI with a Discord Raid Leader with level 20 weapons

of course there is the WRONG assumption to run it without a healer, without a tank and possibly in 2 ppl
this is due to the fact that game does not feel the need of "trinity" (healer, tank, damagedealer) and seems a solo or duo experience

AAKAS instances are funny but i find them unbalanced, level of mid run miniboss and last room boss is not coherent with adds

NI has Magical forest and Moloch cave,
Caly has cyclops depth, 3x Sabakuma caves, 1 pig cave, the full Monria caves are a "dungeon"
i read bad things on CUHOF instances loot return on Toulan so i did not visit them
game has several contents
RT has "player owned" instances with monsters inside to kill

and let's not forget robot dungeons (beacons)

i think content is present and accessible (apart Moloch depth that requires higher stats imho)

ANother "we want to get loot over ammo or play for free and have chance of making money" post.... a bit childish imho

The idea of "real cash" and F2P are sadly non-compatible. you want to make money out of thin air... i know it is not this way that world goes...

a lower entry level to game?

yes i totally support a way to "play 1 month" for 15 USD (world of warcraft style)
and would immediately build a "skilling planet" that return 100% of TT while you hunt on it,
get no items but just as many uniammo as you shoot (or mine) back
and to land on that planet you need to pay 15 usd per month

i would totally enjoy looking at my skills grow (sorry you cant sell the skills manufactured on the planet)

can you see the benefit? MU spent on the planet is sinked so there is a benefit for other players
the "skiller" has a benefit and it is a catchup zone at a lower cost.

if you go there and use just TT and kill naked, BEST you can level for free (and progress to bigger weapons that still return 100%)
at that point 80'% of playerbase would spend 15 * 12 = 180 USD per year to land and a nice 10.000 player lead to 1.800.000 to MA, just like a more than 50% revenues.

when people exit the planet rest of universe work same way... and have the chance to compete for real cash.

if this attracts 20k users, MA makes more money than now.

at some point the users will think "damn i am ready to compete" and start to pay 2% fee (on average)....

Nobody is expecting complete free to play thats just not feasable we want acess to the game that dosent cost 1000$ a month nobody will get rich of it those who play the game even now pay for the pleasure of playing they are not getting rich from what they are doing either. We also want a system that will allow you to add extra people to your property and their rent will be automatically deducted from their ped card each month instead of looking for crazy ways to ask for colateral. The idea of the whole thing is to atract more people - that will make it more fun right now the absurd ammount of $ required is a very high barrier thats stops people from playing

Nobody is expecting complete free to play thats just not feasable we want acess to the game that dosent cost 1000$ a month nobody will get rich of it those who play the game even now pay for the pleasure of playing they are not getting rich from what they are doing either. We also want a system that will allow you to add extra people to your property and their rent will be automatically deducted from their ped card each month instead of looking for crazy ways to ask for colateral. The idea of the whole thing is to atract more people - that will make it more fun right now the absurd ammount of $ required is a very high barrier thats stops people from playing

Seems you dont know what you talk about.

The better gear you have the less money it costs to play

With 2 - 3 brain cells you even manage to pull mu

Also it does not cost 1000 usd a month even with the worst gear

A lot of people just never use a so called calculator, and tend to Bash mindark for everything.

Like that strenge youtube guy who actualy never played entropia but felt like : hey this is gamble

Last edited:
Seems you dont know what you talk about.

The better gear you have the less money it costs to play

With 2 - 3 brain cells you even manage to pull mu

Also it does not cost 1000 usd a month even with the worst gear

A lot of people just never use a so called calculator, and tend to Bash mindark for everything.

Like that strenge youtube guy who actualy never played entropia but felt like : hey this is gamble

Does it look like that better gear - higher repair costs and nomather how good your gear is you are still burning like 1000+ ped an hour since better guns also use more amunition but i know what im talking about P: Point at 1 person who does nothing but hunting at mining and dosen't complain about the associated costs of doing those things. Most of them have given up on profit long time ago they stick arround cus they can afford it which costs them a lot and since they are close to endgame thats the ammount of money they spend natuarrly if you have poor skills and cheap gear you wont spend anything close to that but nomather what gear you use you still cant afford to do it non stop On average people loose like 300-600 ped an hour depending on what they do. And has this been working properly ppl wouldn't complain about it and try to make the game better - instead of comming to the forum and offering constructive criticism you come and say that someone talks bs. Kindly stick to the topic and Please learn to spell

People dont try to make the game better , they try to shift it into theyr favour.

I am 100% that you are one of the guys who actualy never shoot anything else then limited.... based on your statements

you dont burn 1000 ped a hour , it simply Supports my guess that you actualy have no idea

Open entropialife, click on top hunters, choose 30 days there you see atleast 100 people who dont complain

Your Job as player is not to tell the developer what works properly and what not. Your job as a player is to find a way to win.

People dont try to make the game better , they try to shift it into theyr favour.

I am 100% that you are one of the guys who actualy never shoot anything else then limited.... based on your statements

you dont burn 1000 ped a hour , it simply Supports my guess that you actualy have no idea

Open entropialife, click on top hunters, choose 30 days there you see atleast 100 people who dont complain

Your Job as player is not to tell the developer what works properly and what not. Your job as a player is to find a way to win.

Instead of looking for stats which don't show you the whole picture sit down and talk to people if thats what bothers you cus at the end of the day you can hof and global all you want but those are balancers there's no way of telling how much did those people actually spend before that they can be breaking even or still loose some ped

Its not ment to profit from globals or hofs

The game works like this :

Example 1 with Bad setup
You have lets say 10.000 ped amo
You shoot those peds untill you are done
Then you will have like 6000 ped shrp and2500 mixed mu with the worst possible return 85%
Now you convert The shrp and get back
6060 you sell the 2500 ped for 101% because you recyce them into nano, you get back 2525 ped , you buy more amo now and have a total of 8585 ped for the second row (1415 ped loss you need to Cover)

Example 2 with good setup
10.000 ped amo with 95% return

You end up with 9500 ped that you get back

4000 ped shrp and 5500 ped mu loot
You convert The 4000 ped to universal , you get 4040 back
5500 ped mixed mu you will recycle to nano and get back 5555 ped thats a total of 9595 ped ( 405 ped loss you need to Cover )

If you hunt for mu you will profit
If you hunt for nanocubes and shrp you will loose
If you keep playing with Bad gear , not willing to upgrade you will leave entropia and tell everyone its a gamble

While efficiency between 60 and 87+% does not Sound much , it actualy impacts how faar you get untill you runn out of peds

This is a little hard to explain because it mixes many stats efficiency,dpp,looter skill and dps

While a weapon for 130.000 ped Sounds much, its a bargain compared to the loss you will enjoy if you keep hunting with a Bad weapon for 13.000 ped

Yes not everyone is able to buy a setup that is worth that much, but i also know a lot of people who play the game for free ,who do good, who also bought high value items because of smart play.

Last edited:
They could start by actually having accurate info on their websites. For example from Calypso page:

You can acquire Calypso Land Deeds from other participants through the Entropia Universe auction. Deeds can also be found in hunting loots, mining claims, and while manufacturing items.

I have thought some more about this and if i was MA right now i would change low end mob loot on planets to give maybe 10% less shrapnel and 10% more items that newer players can actually use. Like for example level 1 mf chips (l), level 1 tp chips (l), low end weapon amps blp/energy/mindforce (l) and of course, pixie, goblin etc not stuff that will greatly affect anyone but lower end players. This would give a better experience overall and aid retention i think/promote more player to player trade and pull newer players into different professions.
Maybe bring back strange signals in mining, they were kinda fun, was always a society moment when a new guy says i got shot by a robot after following a strange signal. Following soc members scrambling to help and protect ship till guy gets back...... often followed by the beacon run.

On beacons make again a ship comes down and you run into it and place beacon, made them as a new player feel kinda epic.

Just more of the love that was given to EU in old days, put a bit of the soul back. :)

Last edited:
Point at 1 person who does nothing but hunting at mining and dosen't complain about the associated costs of doing those things.
You would be surprised, people playing hardcore would prefer to increase their actual cost / hr (not the loss per hour).

Everyone can complain, we should be putting in 0 effort, 0 research, 0 money and get millions out, right?. People having to deposit $1000 a month are doing something terribly wrong even if they have all the guides they need to be at least break even in the game, if not make consistent profit.
People that complain usually are those looking for HOFs, for the big hits, for the lucky loots, people who think luck has anything to do with being profitable in the game. They're never satisfied and always a victim to their own wrong expectations & false assumptions.
Not all top 100 players profit, however cycling does not automatically mean doing the right thing. Plenty of top players are terrible at it, they continue to do wrong things hoping eventually it will turn good, plenty of top players don't believe or understand the basics like looter & efficiency, replacing the reality with a made up one based on wishful thinking.
The main factor for the overall player's balance, is player's decisions. Anyone who disagrees will always struggle and might find more enjoyment in other games.

You would be surprised, people playing hardcore would prefer to increase their actual cost / hr (not the loss per hour).

Everyone can complain, we should be putting in 0 effort, 0 research, 0 money and get millions out, right?. People having to deposit $1000 a month are doing something terribly wrong even if they have all the guides they need to be at least break even in the game, if not make consistent profit.
People that complain usually are those looking for HOFs, for the big hits, for the lucky loots, people who think luck has anything to do with being profitable in the game. They're never satisfied and always a victim to their own wrong expectations & false assumptions.
Not all top 100 players profit, however cycling does not automatically mean doing the right thing. Plenty of top players are terrible at it, they continue to do wrong things hoping eventually it will turn good, plenty of top players don't believe or understand the basics like looter & efficiency, replacing the reality with a made up one based on wishful thinking.
The main factor for the overall player's balance, is player's decisions. Anyone who disagrees will always struggle and might find more enjoyment in other games.
Based

hey eve, i consider you as pretty hardcore and im genuinely curious, why would you want to increase your cost? isnt that t10 mod nano expansive enough to swing as it is? :p

hey eve, i consider you as pretty hardcore and im genuinely curious, why would you want to increase your cost? isnt that t10 mod nano expansive enough to swing as it is? :p
Because doing it right means you get an expected return on what you spend. And time is money. So if you can do something with an expected positive outcome, the more you can spend in less time the bigger your hourly income is. imho

Because doing it right means you get an expected return on what you spend. And time is money. So if you can do something with an expected positive outcome, the more you can spend in less time the bigger your hourly income is. imho
seems simple enough of a concept when you put it like that lol. now only gotta find my niche and "expected positive outcome" :laugh:

seems simple enough of a concept when you put it like that lol. now only gotta find my niche and "expected positive outcome" :laugh:
yupp, thats the key! and alot of people spent alot of time and money doing it :D

I realized not long ago that game is a multi level marketing scheme
This is spot on, and I see no clear logical explanation otherwise. This is made even more apparent by the responses you see here, just as I mentioned in my own reply. Lots of anecdotal statements, completely forgetting that their "cycle" doesn't exist in a vaccum.

Its not ment to profit from globals or hofs

The game works like this :

Example 1 with Bad setup
You have lets say 10.000 ped amo
You shoot those peds untill you are done
Then you will have like 6000 ped shrp and2500 mixed mu with the worst possible return 85%
Now you convert The shrp and get back
6060 you sell the 2500 ped for 101% because you recyce them into nano, you get back 2525 ped , you buy more amo now and have a total of 8585 ped for the second row (1415 ped loss you need to Cover)

Example 2 with good setup
10.000 ped amo with 95% return

You end up with 9500 ped that you get back

4000 ped shrp and 5500 ped mu loot
You convert The 4000 ped to universal , you get 4040 back
5500 ped mixed mu you will recycle to nano and get back 5555 ped thats a total of 9595 ped ( 405 ped loss you need to Cover )

If you hunt for mu you will profit
If you hunt for nanocubes and shrp you will loose
If you keep playing with Bad gear , not willing to upgrade you will leave entropia and tell everyone its a gamble

While efficiency between 60 and 87+% does not Sound much , it actualy impacts how faar you get untill you runn out of peds

This is a little hard to explain because it mixes many stats efficiency,dpp,looter skill and dps

While a weapon for 130.000 ped Sounds much, its a bargain compared to the loss you will enjoy if you keep hunting with a Bad weapon for 13.000 ped

Yes not everyone is able to buy a setup that is worth that much, but i also know a lot of people who play the game for free ,who do good, who also bought high value items because of smart play.
if you spend 130k ped on a weapon, then you are not playing a game anymore, you are an investor. I have been an investor in here and I hoarded a lot of ped out of this game. But I didn't spend the money on a weapon, but on CLDs /landareas because that's what an investor should do. Now that I took most of my funds out of the game I am a limited depositing player. I deposit 100 euros per month and I like to stretch the pedcard. This means having ped left at the end of the month, instead of having month left at the end of your deposit. high dpp/ low dps helps in that regard to stretch out time. The game is designed for you to lose, whatever gear you have. If you can stretch your deposit and still have ped left at the end of the month: BUY DEEDS. It will give you a slightly bigger ped card the next month. Do this every momth of play in entropia universe and you will be on top, whatever gear you have, because over time you will notice that you have more and more ped left at the end of the month. When you feel you have more ped leftover than when you started at the beginning of the month, then you can start looking into higher dps/even higher dpp gear. Your pedcard should reflect the gear you use. And sure, you can show off your e-dick and post all kinds of silly stuff that good gear will last your peds longer, but the fact of the matter is, that most in here KNOW that 99% will lose. High dps will only make you lose faster, especially during a long lasting low loot swing, noobody can "out efficiency" a long lasting low loot swing. Mindark is the only winner, unless you make your ped in another way, by providing a service, organising events, trading, buying deeds, do anything that doesnt require a terminal. Smart play means you insure yourself against low loot swings, by creating a passive ped stream., I have been here a very long time and I have seen them come and go, the players who bought the expensive tools. Most of them left, with shattered dreams. They flew too high and got burnt. in 2003 the signpost was that if you reach level 80 then you would profit with decent gear, then Mindark invented sib moved the signpost, then they invented looter profession to move the signpost, then they invented higher than dpp efficiency to move the signpost.
Don't chase the carrot... and you are better off. Create your own wealth, that's also why this game is one of the best games. Your total freedom to do whatever you like, there are opportunities here. Yo Mccormick, roll the footage.

And what should MIndark do: Make the game fun for lower midlevel players. The low level is well provided for with free gear, weapons, noob armors. But it would be cool to loot something as a lower midlevel player. Something inside a mob that's actually useable, instead of collecting 15k tokens to find you still don't have that rare token.

Advertise and promote the game more than they do now. Enable a land-claim system. Introduce an estate construction system.

What should Mindark do to get more players to the game?

1. Drop more 10-70 level UL weapons that are up to date so new and medium players can focus more on spending peds on shooting instead of needing 100,000+ ped on gears. (alot of players want to play but find the game to expensive with current markup on weapons.)
Keep the UL drop low to favor market, crafter and collector. This will attract player as it also keep value of animal loot for conductor, strpings, etc that are used for (L) items. Seem they doing a good job.

2. Make the entry to the game more cheaper and a wider range of cost to play mobs.
Lower level spending reward more skills per ped spent than any other higher spending while keeping a similar average return. Seem they giving a good return as ped spend per skill gain. A TT finder will give about 10 times the skill gain total than using 10 D class for exact same total TT spent. This is also true with ep or about anything else. Seem they doing a good job.

3. Add more missions for lower level players
Agreed

4. Reward exploring the game with skillgains for exploring and scanning missions.
Scanning skill value is based on the fact that there is no reward. Add mission and the MU skill value crash. Thats player based and the logical conclusion. Seem like keeping avatar value high is the way to go. Seems like they going a good job.

5. Create more upgrade your own gear from materials.
Keep custom gears limited to create a fight over ultra rare items that way investor keep interest instead of losing value on their collectible faster than ever with this idea. Seem like they doing a good job.

Whatever they will do there is a rubber band they will pull, the more they pull to one side the more the other side will get affected.This applies to everything.
Be extremely careful what you ask for because there will always be be repercussion and people will be affected at any side
This! It's what people dont get. Just like if there wasnt much loss in the shorter term, there wouldnt be MU or at least not much at all and way less auction sells giving more rise to TT.

Won't get more players into the game. Much of what's suggested is in-game techie stuff that will only be understood by those that already play the game.

Back