What sort of resident of Entropia are you.

What Resident Are you

• Resident 1

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Resident 2

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • Resident 3

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • Resident 4

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Resident 5

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Resident 6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Resident 7

Votes: 5 9.4%

• Total voters

Sal

Alpha
Society
Rampant Rabbitts
SALLY SAL BRIDGES
Just trying to get some sort of picture of what styles of play people take in the EU- It seams there are so many discussions that end negitivly
but then there is no way of finding out if these players are playing a certain way. This has made me a bit curiose to see how / what / why / when people do thing

Resident 1

I have spawned in the the Universe and got met some really great people that took me on a tp run and offered to mentor me, through them I have gone out and collected all of the teleports on eudora, I have learnt to sweat and have more than 500 skill in sweat gathering and this helps to fund my armour and my hunting tatics I occasionally deposit when I want to buy some ammo for my TT weapons and go and take down some lower end mobs. I also enjoy active team hunts that allow me to take down bigger mobs and share expiriences.

Resident 2

I have spawned in to the Universe and started to look around the spam filled chat window at PA - I knew there would be some costs involved in the game and so instantly deposited $20 as I thought that this is what the most monthley subscription games charge- With this I bought my first full set of armour and bought some weapons from the TT I did not think these weapons were peticully good and to be honest thought my avatar looked a bit bad wearing orange - I went out and bought a better rifle & armour and started taking on bigger mobs. I found amps to be great and have skilled up quickly - I deposit the same monthley fee per month as I think this is acceptable & can sweat to make my won ME

Resident 3

I spawned in to the universe - looked around and thought Woo this is gonna be fun ;) Time to go and check out what its all about and get to be a reasonable player. I think I am going to get a reasonable armour set
and so going to nead to deposit $50 - I think this is a reasonable amount per month and looking at the auction I can get a full set pretty cheep and a ice weapon to begin with. Ohh this universe is great hang on theres more to it than just hunting I gotta try mining as welll - I still deposit around $50 a month and its Fantastic - sometimes I may go a bit higher if i want something nice . whats all this sweating people are on about its quite cheep to buy and after 30 failed attemtps cant be bothered with having to do that ( whats 10 ped any way 1/50th of my monthly enjoyment )

Resident 4

WOOOO - whats that person doing with shiney animation on them - ahh you can personal tp that looks like fun - what do i need to do that then ;)
Oh really thats not to expensive then - what else do i need - ahh ghost / rascal and a mk2 hey ;) ahhh am I right thinking I can own a house or appartment and decorate that ;) ahh thats sounds like me I dont fancy having no where to live - What theres a space resort too how can i get there - ditched oj's in the firtst 5 mins ahh $100 a month is nothing and soo many items and thngs to do ;) I am a good hunter and reasoable miner now - come look at my house

Resident 5

Ahhh - theeres a guy in heavy orange armour there that must be kinda good - wonder what it is - ahh Nemesis and thats tt+1000 ok thats $100 dollars in markup but must be pretty good woo nice weapon hang on he has 3 different ones one long range - one mid and a pistol - woo combo there is tt+1500 well thats ok too well time to go get me some amo and have fun fun fun
Ahh nice house over there maybe i should buy one to put all my stuff in and give me some status. ( $200 approx spend per month )

Resident 6

I dont care now I have quite that other game I was playing i nead to catch up a bit , I hear shadow or jaguar is the best so I have to have that
I need a maddox Iv & a ravenger adj minisweaper - and I can just go to the auction and skill up on implants at $40 approximatly a time some are $100 though ahh its an investment - Ohh a hanger gonna get me one of those looks like fun

Resident 7

I spawned and prospered - I own my own LA & Hanger & House - EU players now pay me ;)

I voted resident 1, but i dont have 500 sweat skill :p
if i hunt its pretty low lvl, but i moslty mine with my mf105 ^^
i play carefull and (i think) smart, so i break even or profit most of the time ^^

grtz Nitrosomonas

Well first Im not the same person in pe as I was when I started.

At first I was more than a bit reluctant to the game and thought hmm this dont sound very trustworthy, think I just skip it and find some other game.

After a few days when I decided it was fun even though I wasnt sure about the future for me I deposited a little each week and ran around with my jester and looted armour parts. Was great fun.

After a month I realised this was a nice game and I intended to stay. Gained ranks in the soc I was with and played 24/7. Kept doing this until I reached the state when I was online 10 hours more than most other in my soc so decided to start a new one.

Now 18 months later I still play and plan to stay for long. Deposit once in a while. Perhaps if u count from start 100 a month. It might sound a lot to some but also consider I dont waste that on the bar. Well I donnu what to vote but thats my story I guess. Hmm gotto rush now bye bye

Hi,

I would be Resident 8.

I spawned NOT in PA.

I explored all TPs on eudoria and Amethera even before I hunted or sweated for the first time.

After 4 weeks of exploring the world I deposited $10 and started to go mining...and learned to defend myself using melee weapons.

That was exactly 363 days ago when I started. :)

Tanor

Though I started as a resident 1, and quickly made the jump to resident 4, Ididn't get there by depositing. This was due mostly to gifts from my husband's ava, and the help of friends, and then trading. Though I did loose patience sweating early on (which I have suddenly taken back an interest in...), I started EU with the mindset that I would not deposit just to continue participating in EU, that I would find a way in-game to become successful. But now I do have the ghost, rascal, and 4 other sets of armour, and an apartment... :D

Cheers,

Iset

LOL, makes me nr.5 with a twist... still thinking of looting the other 5 parts of nemesis that i miss. Maybe I would make until now, if I would only stick to the mobs that actually drop them...:laugh:

Robo

Not enough category !
Spawned and prospered, overall the survivor way : it will take the time it will take, no need to deposit no need to sweat no need reselling ! Just do your buisiness in your wide range of professions. Use the best tools according your pedcard, no chipping but skilling.
Slow down and change when it hurts, but take it easy.

I'm close to 4 ... with a drift to 5.

Since I never wasted money for crafting and mining but focussed all my doings on melee hunting I'm - only - a hunter. But equipped with much better stuff than Sal supposed (Boar/Jaguar, several swords). And :laugh: I wore OJs for about 5 weeks instead of 5 minutes while running over Eudorias surface and collect all TPs by myself without any weapon and armor.

I think the main task was the amount of depositing per month. So I fit best to number 4 (100 Euro per month = approximately $120).

I voted 1, I started with a couple of other friend and we started slowly. We have all played in slightly different ways and taken different skilling paths but mainly deposited small, injected a bigger amount to buy that special gun or armour, and over 6 months and around $250 - $400 (Depending on weather i'm telling the wife) got to a skill state where we can almost break even in our chosen profession.

I'll give no aswear, cause you don't have the option "non of the above" :silly2:

There are more types of players than your poll takes in to account. Either make a ton of more specific types, or fewer more genral types like "Non-depositor", "Heavy Investor", "Monthly fee payer", "Twink", "Blue Moon Player", "reseller", "socialite", "what is this RL you speak of?", "dancing idiot in underwear, Gremlin Mask, and Goblin Shins", "Sweat Bot"...

Crap. Even why I try to make fewer categories, I still keep coming up with more ;)

It's hard to peg everyone.

EDIT: You can see from the replies that nobody fits within any one description.

Frigid said:
EDIT: You can see from the replies that nobody fits within any one description.

I know that but then people should be able to fit in to one type of resident catogory , Its just a quick pole to kinda proove how dynamic EU is and that there are different play styles around.

I did not want to really pry in to if people were non depeositors or huge depositers and put the values next to them as a guide to what I thought this type of player would spend to accomplish there EU Dreams.

As the pole shows there are a range of different styles and I hope people can relate to etleast one catagorie.

I also wanted to have a friendly and fun pole for a change ;) & see what the Wonderfull EF people thought ;)

I would probably be resident 0 ;)
Have not deposited yet,
Acquired all the TPs in Eudoria by myself,
already own several armors including a mixed shogun/vigi/paladin,
use Breers and Korsses rather than TT weapons,
and hoping to unlock RDA before celebrating my third month anniversary in PE :D

:silly2: I have more than 500 in SG :silly2:

Back